Draft CRL for the TK Commander - 501st base stds

Daetrin

firebladejedi said:

Is this the official colour chart, it has been stated on the ukg this is the colour scheme..

It may be UKG official, but it is not necessarily 501st official. This is part of our (FISD) task. Actually looking at the caps, why wouldn't the stripes be allowed?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, we need to lock this down. Check out the draft that's posted and let's get any last comments posted guys. :)

Comic Con exclusive TK comander

---------

But the color is wierd,some pics it looks dark blue and others it looks grey and then dark grey??????

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I would certainly do one if it wasn't for the rancor ugly bue stripe running over the face plate.

the rest I love.... but the blue scar I hate more than I love the rest of it.

we know commanders changed the painting to just dull white and the only way to recognize one is if he's using a commander's pauldron wich is a shame really... there are some very cool commander war paint design on the clone Commanders.

Alright, with a little extra time at work, ForlonHope's diagram, some borrowed pictures and Photoshop, I have attempted to make a visual representation of what everyone has been arguing about.

I hope this helps.

LU0s4qV.jpg

voQZs92.png

You will notice the differences in the strips on the arms, the white stripes in the blue on the upper thigh and the top of the blue side of the shin is blue instead of white.

plmAU3L.pngnEk0JUw.png

1hhvQKf.png

OLf16MY.png

x9eGVc0.png

The differences that you will notice here are that there are NO blue stripes on the back sides of the arms, NO blue stripe on the lower back, the White stripes in the blue on the upper thigh again and that the top of the blue on the shin goes all the way up here as well.

Ie7GXXF.png

qmVzQcR.png

j9pVL3c.png

aWoUdw2.png

Steven - you've just been awarded the FISD Achievement Medal for this effort.

I'll take a look at ACP on how best to implement such a recognition pip as a data point.

Steven - you've just been awarded the FISD Achievement Medal for this effort.

I'll take a look at ACP on how best to implement such a recognition pip as a data point.

Yes! Win!

I was going to do pictures of the left and right shots as well, if it will help anymore.

Yes! Win!

I was going to do pictures of the left and right shots as well, if it will help anymore.

Step #1 is complete - I've created a custom field and it should show up in your profile.

Step #2 is WIP - I have to get it to display on the topics pages.

TK-2126_MD said:
Comic Con exclusive TK comander

-----------

But the color is wierd,some pics it looks dark blue and others it looks grey and then dark grey??????

its just a repackaged version of the old one that was released to people who pre-ordered the game. nothing new

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

OK, so is there now consensus that the paint scheme that Steven displayed as correct based *of the screen caps* supplemented by information on action figure?

I would say that perhaps we can break it down by 501st standards vs. EIB, e.g. that for 501st standards either scheme is acceptable, but for EIB only that from the render.

Would this work for everyone?

Also - Jonathan I'm awarding you an FISD service medal as well. You've been the driving force behind getting this costume to *done*, and it would be stuck w/o you.

Those are shots of my suit! :)

So my biceps and forearms are biting. so I have to break and shim them to get rid of the pinches. Since I'm doing this, it means I'll need to repaint anyhow. So I can correct my arm lines, and can probably get the calf line and back correct in the process too. Look for updated pics soon.

Stickmonkey

OK, so is there now consensus that the paint scheme that Steven displayed as correct based *of the screen caps* supplemented by information on action figure?

I would say that perhaps we can break it down by 501st standards vs. EIB, e.g. that for 501st standards either scheme is acceptable, but for EIB only that from the render.

Would this work for everyone?

Sounds good, however I think the 501st standards should include the 2 stripes on the thigh piece. The Hasbro figure does have these.

I am happy to be able to help.

Those are shots of my suit! :)

So my biceps and forearms are biting. so I have to break and shim them to get rid of the pinches. Since I'm doing this, it means I'll need to repaint anyhow. So I can correct my arm lines, and can probably get the calf line and back correct in the process too. Look for updated pics soon.

Stickmonkey

As a matter of fact, yes it is your suit, it is well done and has been very helpful in all of this.

After seeing your suit the first time, that is what inspired me to do the same.

FYI I've created two new topics:

CRL : -----------

EIB  ----------

I'd like to continue to use the thread we're on for discussion, and will update the above two threads as conclusions are made.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I just repainted my armour and based it on Stephen and John's ideas.

The pics are taking from a troop we did over the weekend, (I'd only finished the last of the mods about 30 mins before the troop)

I've used the lighter blue, not the traditional royal blue seen on the hasbro figure. I chose to hand paint the blue as opposed to spraying as it gives it a more raw look

I've tried to replicate the stripes on the arms in John's diagram

I've left out the blue markings off the lower back and have left the hand pieces white

I haven't painted my CA's yet, so sneakers were the order of the day (and a much better choice as it was a 20 hour relay)

Rick

2PXbzG3.jpg

• 3 months later...

Maybe I'm wrong but Kevin (Spec Ops DL) posted that

"I've been working with the FISD leadership and they believe this costume is a better fit for the Spec Ops Det, so we're taking it on."

I'm asking because I have seen some incredible jobs here that should be posted and discussed over the TX forums.

Maybe I'm wrong but Kevin (Spec Ops DL) posted that

"I've been working with the FISD leadership and they believe this costume is a better fit for the Spec Ops Det, so we're taking it on."

I'm asking because I have seen some incredible jobs here that should be posted and discussed over the TX forums.

Hi Luis,

That comment referred to the hybrid costumes we saw posted to the Legion Council some time ago that showed armor that was part TK, part clone. Since then, this costume has come to be defined as what is shown from the renders and screen caps on this and other threads, essentially a TK with paint, and as such has come back to FISD. This also was OK'd in LC, IIRC, along with Kevin, back some months ago.

• 6 years later...