Spoox's ANH progress

spoox

I already ordered vader Dave's buttons and am waiting for them so I can remove these and replace them :) I just had to put these on for the 4th of July parade temporarily. Gotta love goop hehehe :)

Yeah the belt keeps riding up a bit because of my girl hips... I added velcro on a few spots to see if that prevents it.

I trooped in the TK today and went in 2 parades. A total of 9 hours in costume on my first troop! The things that hurt:

1.Top of feet from shin armor leaning on it.

2. top back calf from the thigh corner digging into it when stepping over things.

3. Knuckles from hand plates rubbing over them due to the loop I added around finger.

So not bad for a first troop :D

Excellent job, both on your build and first troop in TK armor. In addition to the belt and buttons, can you trim a bit off the top of your holster loops so that they're flush with the top of the belt?

Once again, great job. Any pics from the parades? I love seeing female troopers. :wub:

As you wish :)

Fireworks at midnight (picture from newspaper):

4july2.JPG

Parade assembly grounds with fiancee as Captain America:

4july1.JPG

Posing in front of the truck:

4july3.JPG

Definitely more comfy then the clone armor!!:

4july4.JPG

Walking in the parade waving:

4july5.JPG

Pictures of Alaska always amaze me. It still looks so Frontier and rugged.

I got the Fang in good shape. Thanks Spoox... Has the helmet hit your door yet?

I might replace the loop I have around the finger for velcro. Thats a good idea!

The top of the belt loops are cut so they no longer stick out :)

I received the CAP helmet and it looks awesome!

Now all I need to do is replace the ab buttons and work on is my blaster and I can apply for my TK status, yay!!

Looks like you can easily get a TK designation right now. Replace the buttons and mod the blaster and you should be EIB-eligible. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
Detonator, I did't have the banker's clips but found some tablecloth clasps in the camp section of walmart that I bended:

022_800x532.JPG

See my woopsie with the dremel tool? that will be fixed after the 4th I guess hehe:

023_800x532.JPG

I apologize but if Im correct ANH doesnt have the silver strips on the TD.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Miranda just read this all again, i have an MRCE lid and i have 2 40mm fans in it with 2 4AA batts both sides and my mike plus a ton of thick foam in there too. I'll try and take a photo if u want?

Miranda~

Any chance you can post how you keep your thighs up - did you use a belt, back support straps etc with velcro? I have a problem with the thigh armor not sitting high enough on my legs.

Thanks!