Spoox's ANH progress

spoox

Alright, I finally started on my armor and the upper part is almost done. I have a few cuts n bruises but thats part of the hobby hehehe

Here you can admire my messy hobby room:

001.JPG

Mainly naked Dummy with abs and kidney part:

003.JPG

Look, i got the boots too!:

006.JPG

Glueing the black straps inside shoulders for ANH accuracy:

008.JPG

The separation of the butt...lol:

009.JPG

Upper armor with gorgeous neckseal from oiftanker:

011.JPG

Did I mention I love my Tie buckets?:

019.JPG

Yay Dork Chaos Rulez!!!:

021.JPG

Here it is starting to shape up a little:

025.JPG

A good shot of the arms:

028.JPG

Ohhh so sexy!:

031.JPG

Thats how far I am at this moment :) Tomorrow I am going to work on the side plates to close up the kidney and abs. I also need to shim the upper legs and calfs... (those damn chunky legs! lol)

Next step is to get the buttons painted and assembled and then the belt. I am excited!! yay :)

Any advise is greatly appreciated guys, and girls too! since I am one lol

It's looking great Miranda!

I'd like to know how the hip section turns out, but I'm confident you'll look great in that armor. :)7

What helmet are you going to use? That MR you have there or the one you're going to get from the trade of the Vader helmet? (Is the trade one an AP?)

I am going to use the one I am trading. I just put the MRCE on to get a feel of how it will look hehe

It's looking great Miranda!

I'd like to know how the hip section turns out, but I'm confident you'll look great in that armor. :)7

What helmet are you going to use? That MR you have there or the one you're going to get from the trade of the Vader helmet? (Is the trade one an AP?)

The plan is to eventually organize everything.... lol! I been saying that for almost a year now haha. You haven't seen my storage unit yet :blink: :blink:

The clone bucket is just for fun, I have all 3 versions, white, wallmart and target exclusives. I was thinking about removing the sound system from the white one and add it into my TK bucket but I have no clue how yet haha.

The MRCE I bought intentionally to use but seeing all the mods it needs... I don't know yet. It might be just a collectible display piece :)

Oh, you can do it, Spoox. :D As for the Clone bucket, the sound system is dismountable, but only by completely dismantlilng the bucket, including breaking some glue bonds. Once you're down to the wires running through th ehole in the noseguard, you have to either cut it or them. You have to decide whether you want to keep it intact. Just to let you know, though, modding it is fun. ;)

Looking forward to your finished Hall Of Heads™. And mine, for that matter. Seven helmets underway currently -- nine if you count raw sculpts that I have to way to cast or pull at the moment. Twelve, once you add in buckets I'm doing for others. *lol*

--Jonah

• 2 weeks later...

Ha! I have made a lot of progress but oh boy... the legs really are the hardest! Especially having hips and chunky calves! haha. I used thick strips of leather that I dyed white and make shims with.

I finished the belt, detonator etc. as well and the hand plates. Basically all that is left is the strapping for the legs and making sideplates which I will be using a white trash bucket for.

I have been looking all over the net to find bankers clasps but no luck. The only ones on fleabay wont ship to alaska only if ordered through the site and that charges $87 shipping lol!!

I was able to find some cheap tablecloth clamps in the camping section of walmart and bended those to resemble it somewhat. It works I guess.

The only thing I am wondering is how to make sure the belt stays in place? the weight of the leather holster seems to make it drop down a bit. Any suggestions? Do you guys use velco? or add a snap here n there?

I will post pics in the next day or so :)

On the belt, I use Velcro. Having a plastic backer in the belt layers helps on the holster as well. Above all that I cinch it up tight on my waist as well.

Officemax or Staples have bankers clips.

Thought I would toss up a pic for you! Sounds like you are doing great.

IMG_0736.jpg

Ha! I have made a lot of progress but oh boy... the legs really are the hardest! Especially having hips and chunky calves! haha. I used thick strips of leather that I dyed white and make shims with.

I finished the belt, detonator etc. as well and the hand plates. Basically all that is left is the strapping for the legs and making sideplates which I will be using a white trash bucket for.

I have been looking all over the net to find bankers clasps but no luck. The only ones on fleabay wont ship to alaska only if ordered through the site and that charges $87 shipping lol!!

I was able to find some cheap tablecloth clamps in the camping section of walmart and bended those to resemble it somewhat. It works I guess.

The only thing I am wondering is how to make sure the belt stays in place? the weight of the leather holster seems to make it drop down a bit. Any suggestions? Do you guys use velco? or add a snap here n there?

I will post pics in the next day or so :)

As far as I know snaps are stronger than velcro, unless you use industrial velcro, that holds really well (or so I'm told.)

The final test would be to jump with the belt on. :D

I'm looking forward to see pictures of you as a TK Miranda :duim:

Cheers.

I was going to post pics today but ended up working on my costume too long lol! I promis to have new pics up soon! I glued the backs of my thighs today so those are curing right now. My first troop is this Saturday in the TK so I am stressing now lol!!

My plan is to use a belt with straps to keep the thighs up but I wonder how you guys keep the straps attached from the belt to the thighs? Snaps? velcro? parachute clips??

I also will be wearing my MRCE this troop but it is sort of small and doesnt have much roon for a fan? How do you MRCE wearers get air?

Your helmet shipped...Tossed some goodies in there too...

You could always run really fast... :P;)

Should be able to tuck a fan in there... Position it right should work.

As promised a few more pictures :)

The thighs front:

014_532x800.JPG

The back with shim:

015_532x800.JPG

Shin front:

016_800x532.JPG

Shin back with shim popped out to see what I did using a strip of leather that I dyed white:

017_800x532.JPG

Now with the calf closed:

018_800x532.JPG

Yeah... I hate my chunky legs!! lol

Hand plates:

019_800x532.JPG

Detonator, I did't have the banker's clips but found some tablecloth clasps in the camp section of walmart that I bended:

022_800x532.JPG

See my woopsie with the dremel tool? that will be fixed after the 4th I guess hehe:

023_800x532.JPG

Filling the side gap with a piece out of a white trash can hehe:

024_532x800.JPG

Crotch strap:

025_532x800.JPG

Crotch strap closed:

026_800x532.JPG

Belt:

011_800x532.JPG

012_800x532.JPG

More pics coming!!