ban list for Armor

Darth_Ryyel23

I wanted to know which armor would not be allowed in the 501st for example is the StarWars authentic armor from Rubies one that would pass I have been unable to find any leads about the FX armor Ive heard about I am trying to get something for Comic-Con next month

yeah its more of not what armor is it to be accepted but where you are gonna buy the armor...and i dont think there be a "banned" list but rather a reference of not to buy from sellers list. For the most part of what I know is that the armors are fan made and the ones from Rubies deemed "license" version are well, not accepted right out of the box per say. Either or I would say all the armor is going to have to be tailored to you unless you pay someone to have it tailored\ so expect time and money consumption for it =/ but if you want something that has been finish and approved try the sell/trade section of the fourm topic and then try to work/mod on it to fit ya (its what I did >.>)

My AP kit took me 3 months to trim and build - and I'm an ex-prop and set builder!

SO if you need something quickly, like the other poster said, try for a set that another TK is giving up. Otherwise, I'd suggest you don't rush and work on a set from new. It's a great experience and is so much more rewarding when you finally put it all on, and tell people, "I built this, pretty much from scratch."

Fast. Quality. Money. Pick two, right? For 30 days or less any suit can be done - how much free time do you have.

Also - we're not the Wal-mart of armor. If you are looking to join the 501st this is the place to be. If you just want a costume for cons, this is not.

I must agree, putting together a TK in one month, would be a very difficult to say the least, even if you have lots of time on your hands. Chances are even if you get it completed, it usually requires all kinds of adjustments before it fits properly ( at least mine did) The first time I wore mine it was agony. Kept digging into my neck and knee caps, I lasted about an hour and a half before I had to take it off. B)

Also, don't even consider buying anything until you've been through this forum from top to bottom! Once you've really dug through and done your homework you won't have to ask questions about what type of armor is good or bad. You'll just need a lead on where to buy...

You should be dreaming about this website. Get to work cadet! You've got lots of work to do!

:)

Also, don't even consider buying anything until you've been through this forum from top to bottom! Once you've really dug through and done your homework you won't have to ask questions about what type of armor is good or bad. You'll just need a lead on where to buy...

You should be dreaming about this website. Get to work cadet! You've got lots of work to do!

:)

TOTAL QUOTE. Well said Martin! ;)