Rubies Armor - Note from the LMO

FYI lads, from the LMO himself:

Good morning,

Having seen the Rubies Supreme Edition Stormtrooper up close, I would not recommend it to anyone.

It is inaccurate, cheaply made, and poorly fitted.

Fan made alternatives with decades of experience and care behind the development have produced far superior and much more economical results.

However, if you have purchased the RSES, and are up to modding the suit a bit, then yes, there is place for even this costume in the ranks of the 501st.

The eFX is a licensed helmet with fine accuracy. Replacing the Rubies helmet is a big step towards meeting Legion Standard. After this, you'll need to overcome the awkward one-size-fits-all Rubies costume model by trimming and fitting their suit to fit you frame.

But do not worry. If this is your scenario, you can find help, experience and advise at;

--------

(The 501st Stormtrooper Detachment, a community specifically designed for the celebration and discussion of the white armour.)

Be well,

Thomas

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

:D This post should produce a very intresting thread......... cant wait!

Well, it just goes to show that LFL wants to get in on the costuming craze. So, rather than follow the well-established costuming standards that got the 501st into the good graces of King George, they sub out the project to hack-whacks in China and still expect there to be a gullible market out there that will buy that dung.

David.

Well, it just goes to show that LFL wants to get in on the costuming craze. So, rather than follow the well-established costuming standards that got the 501st into the good graces of King George, they sub out the project to hack-whacks in China and still expect there to be a gullible market out there that will buy that dung.

David.

Ehh they've been making star wars costumes since long before most people knew the 501st existed. They make these crappy supreme models for other big franchises too. You should see the craptastic Batman and Superman Supremes. You think these are bad, imagine this quality in formed muscles. BLECK.

I hope a lot of potential troopers see this before buying anything. We had one trooper try to join my garrison with a rubies suit about 6 months ago and I have not heard from him since. I think he was scared of all the mods and extra cash that were required for this suit to meet 501st standards. I feel bad for the guy but we have standards for a reason.

Yep, barely fit for a one-time Halloween costume. But then, who would spend a grand on a one-time costume? I could think of much better things to blow that much cash on in the space of one night. Break that wad up into singles and head to your local pole dancing academy. That's a lot of $1 bills that could find their way into...well you get the idea! ;)