Hi! im new and could use some help!

Im sure you guys get a ton of theses kind of threads so bare with me...LOL I am a huge star wars freak seen all the moves countless times even read almost all the books, i saw the 501st in pictures an things such as that an thought it was just so cool not only that u fabricate your own armor but also the charity and fund raising and things such as that. I would really love to be a part of this! I have been looking through your forums as recommended in other threads and i would reallyyy like to get as authentic armor as possible like a te2 or ap or something such of that quality......BUT i have read that those are mostly for smaller body builds???? dang that sux becuse im a lil over 6,1 so i suppose those would not work well huh? what are other makes that would work good and also be nice and sturdy armor? All help or advise would be greatly appreciated and taken to heart! THANKS

Welcome first off...

Being 6-1 is not an issue. As many will follow on and tell ya its all in the build. Any armor can fit any body, its all in how it fit to you.

I guess the steps would be to figure out your skill level... First off how handy are you with a dremel?

From my experiences, and this is really MY experience, many will have other opinions...

FX is like Snaptite of armor builds. TM, AP, TE2 and other accurate sets take more patience and a tad more skill.

Next is allready done. You are here. Read Read Read. You are in the right place to learn all things armor.

Welcome, glad to have ya.

See, I am 6'2" and my armor fits perfect!

post-8606-1244136908_thumb.jpg

Oops, you can see my belly! DANG!

Johnny

Welcome first off...

Being 6-1 is not an issue. As many will follow on and tell ya its all in the build. Any armor can fit any body, its all in how it fit to you.

I guess the steps would be to figure out your skill level... First off how handy are you with a dremel?

From my experiences, and this is really MY experience, many will have other opinions...

FX is like Snaptite of armor builds. TM, AP, TE2 and other accurate sets take more patience and a tad more skill.

Next is allready done. You are here. Read Read Read. You are in the right place to learn all things armor.

Welcome, glad to have ya.

Welcome! I'm about 6'-1" or so and I've got the FX armor.

-------------

There's a wealth of knowledge on here, take a look around and do some exploring. Lots of pictures to enjoy and can get an idea of what else is out there.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Murray1134 said:
Welcome! I'm about 6'-1" or so and I've got the FX armor.

------------

There's a wealth of knowledge on here, take a look around and do some exploring. Lots of pictures to enjoy and can get an idea of what else is out there.

HAHA Thats so awesome! I bet the guy at the stop light is like, I knew Star Wars was real!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Welcome !!!!

I am 6 foot and a pear shaped trooper thats was wiethging around 220 when i first got my FX. and i got it to fit....... Fit better after some constant sit ups LOL!!!!

Remember to use your search Box 99.98% of all your questions are answered in some way or other. do research on all 3 episdoe troopers, see which one u like the most. and Mingle with members of the forum, get to know some of us, and then worry about getting your armor, it will save u TONS f time and money to know and then do.......

Bienvenido Austin!!!!!

Welcome !!!!

I am 6 foot and a pear shaped trooper thats was wiethging around 220 when i first got my FX. and i got it to fit....... Fit better after some constant sit ups LOL!!!!

Remember to use your search Box 99.98% of all your questions are answered in some way or other. do research on all 3 episdoe troopers, see which one u like the most. and Mingle with members of the forum, get to know some of us, and then worry about getting your armor, it will save u TONS f time and money to know and then do.......

Bienvenido Austin!!!!!

That is great to know! And lol ya those sit ups can work wonders lol Yep i have already found that the search box is worth its weight in gold around here. Sure am making some good use of it. O really i was not aware that the armor changed in the episodes i suppose i just did not notice it really, will for sure have to check that out thx! And ya i just plan on learning as much as i can for awhile like how to build the armor an the different makes and things like that so i can figure out what would suite me the best.

Thanks for the welcome TK -2126!