My new bucket build (Kev ANH 2.5)

TK8114

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26580949@N06/...57619164888264/

3591091784_574d3d6de1.jpg

I decided to make a plunge and go for a better helmet than my FX.

She just arrived. I washed her up and put her on a shelf to sit and de-gas for at least a week.

So far the aerators gotta go, I'll just pull my hovis w/ speakers out of the FX and I'm none too sure on the lens material being thick enough so I might have to see if my thicker replacement lenses from my FX will fit or not.

Also this thing will likely need reinforcement, there's quite a few thin places in the corners on the helmet (you can see the translucency in the picture set).

Nice James! be sure to document every thing!!!!!!!

Plz enlight me "Up of a shelf to de-gas"????

Resin may have a slight oil sheen after cure, but really, I have never heard of degas Either. Kev Roto casts, so you should be good to go. I had no problem painting up my lid.

Good score. One of the best out there.

Resin may have a slight oil sheen after cure, but really, I have never heard of degas Either. Kev Roto casts, so you should be good to go. I had no problem painting up my lid.

Good score. One of the best out there.

Well Kev is the one that suggested letting it de-gas for a week before painting but to be honest it'll probably be a week or so before I have much time to spend on the helmet anyways.

The material is Rigid Urethane and it is best to let it sit out before covering it with paint. Also this material is very strong! Don't worry about the slightly thin spots where sharp edges are. Like where the ears meet the sides. It will be fine. I hold all the helmets up to the light to be sure before I send them out.

Thanks for starting your work in progress on this.

Kevin W.

The material is Rigid Urethane and it is best to let it sit out before covering it with paint. Also this material is very strong! Don't worry about the slightly thin spots where sharp edges are. Like where the ears meet the sides. It will be fine. I hold all the helmets up to the light to be sure before I send them out.

Thanks for starting your work in progress on this.

Kevin W.

Yeah I'm more worried about the fact that I tend to get the dropsies from time to time so I want to make sure its extra solid to be safe. I am very happy with your handiwork.

• 1 month later...

Finally got some time to work on the helmet some. I've cut out the eyes, cut out some of the teeth and trimmed down the flash so I can finally stick my head in. It is definitely roomy like an FX helmet. Probably won't have time to work on it again for a few weeks at least, so don't expect much updates for a while.

New pictures are at the end.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26580949@N06/...57619164888264/