AP vs RT MOD

I was pretty much a novice when I trimmed my AP armor. It wasn't hard at all. The most important thing is to take your time when trimming the armor, and everything should go smoothly.

I was pretty much a novice when I trimmed my AP armor. It wasn't hard at all. The most important thing is to take your time when trimming the armor, and everything should go smoothly.

Thanks. Thats good to know

A friend of mine has an both an AP and RT bucket. When i tried on the AP it was wicked tight and the RT one was a little easier on my noggin. So from what i was told this also is the same with the armor, so RT was the choice for me.

• 2 weeks later...
That project never made it off the ground. I know alot of people were looking forward to it.

For those who'd care, AP never actually went forward with this as his test armor revealed an armor that was way too much "bendable". Sorry for the lack of vocabulary. The armor details were great (I saw it myself), details, sharpness was incredible and its test ABS was pretty shinny too. But when grabbing the pieces, you'd feel like it was made out of plastic paper and AP didn't want to send such a product to people.

His first desire is to make sure people like his kit upon reception (I did for my 0.080 one!) and that was not his feeling with the 0.060 thick ABS kit.

Thought I'd share,

Cheers

How big of a deal is trimming out armor? I know that RT comes trimmed and AP comes untrimmed. That is another difference between the kits that could be a factor in helping me decide. I have some basic modeling skill but I haven?t worked on anything as big as armor?

Both kits sound like good kit.

Seth

For me, trimming was the best part. Yes, my dremel made a lot of sounds for a couple nights and there was abs particles everywhere but it was clearly the funniest part for me. In mo occasion I regretted getting an untrimmed kit plus. Actually, it was so fun that I may eventually get another kit from AP and sell this one as completed :-)

BTW, about your modeling skills, don't forget that the bigger the pieces, the easier it is to trim :)

A friend of mine has an both an AP and RT bucket. When i tried on the AP it was wicked tight and the RT one was a little easier on my noggin. So from what i was told this also is the same with the armor, so RT was the choice for me.

I noticed this with the AP helmet that I have...I had to trim off about 1/2 inch around the base in order to get my head in a more comfortable manner... :unsure:

For me, trimming was the best part. Yes, my dremel made a lot of sounds for a couple nights and there was abs particles everywhere but it was clearly the funniest part for me. In mo occasion I regretted getting an untrimmed kit plus. Actually, it was so fun that I may eventually get another kit from AP and sell this one as completed :-)

BTW, about your modeling skills, don't forget that the bigger the pieces, the easier it is to trim :)

I use tin snips to trim my armor, it gives me more control than my dremel does. :D

I like the expression in the FX by a long shot over the rt and ap buckets.

I have an imperial TK 1.80 mt tall standard issue body so it fits just perfectly and the sculpt of the FX bucket looks meaner that the other ones.

I have to agree on the fact that working on your OWN armor is something that should not be missed!

when you finish working on it you feel a conection with it!!... well it happened to me... pay no mind.

Gotta go.... I errr... think i left the stove on....yeah.

• 1 month later...