Static burst from clonetrooper helmet toy

My nephew has the clonetrooper helmet so naturally I had to play with it. One button gives a static burst and then allows you to use the internal mic. Has anyone adapted this to their bucket ?

Do you have to punch the button every time you speak? If so, I can't see it being practical unless you have some eletronic knowledge of how to make it voice activated. It would be cool if someone can fix it that way and put it in a TK bucket.

Yes, great minds think alike. This has been a project I've put off at the moment. I have pulled out the whole voice/mic electronics from the helmet. Basically involves rewiring. There's a button to activate the mic and then one for pre-recorded phrases of a Clonetrooper.

I am always baffled about why people want the static burst feature so bad when there was no static burst in the movies. That whole static burst thing was started by the "Troops" fan film. *end rant*

I am always baffled about why people want the static burst feature so bad when there was no static burst in the movies. That whole static burst thing was started by the "Troops" fan film. *end rant*

Ā 

Noooo wayyyyyy! I always thought there was a burst... has anyone tried watching the movie at maximum volume with a 5.1 home theater setup to hear if there actually was a static burst for TK's??

Ā 

This is mind blowing for me.. :blink:

it depends on which scene,,there is some scenes where the TKs have a burst and then sometimes just the click and sometimes nothing,,,same with the TDs...back to the point..i dont believe it would be hard at all to convert it over for your bucket .

Ā 

Ā 

I watched the film again tonight and whilst there is not "static burst" on most of the stormtrooper scenes, there is in one part. Watch the scene where the TD's enter the Cantina looking for the c3po and r2...... when they ask at the bar, there is definately static burst.............

The static burst was not started with "Troops" ... I have followed this since 1977. The staitc burst is from the original "New Hope" ... I smuggled a tape recorder in the movie theater in 1977 . The static burst is there. Kkkk. Psssk. Don't tell me it is not there.

As far as I can recall, in the movies, it was always a click sometimes not even a click but never a static burst. It still makes for a cool effect none the less.

I don't know why you are having a hard time hearing the static burst.... It is there. I just got the original (unaltered) Episode IV -before it was called ANH. Almost everytime a TK speaks, there is a static burst. (I couldn't hear any static burts in the entire "move along" scene.

Ā 

In some scenes it is very quiet... in some scenes, it is very noticeable. I had to put mt ear up to the speaker on my home theater system to hear it in a couple scenes, but it is there. You can even hear it in the "Look sir, droids" line. But it most cases, it is so small you wouldn't notice it unless you were looking for it. As I mentioned a few posts back, it is very noticeable when the Sandtroopers are in the Cantina.

i watch the movie like every week for the past year and there are definitely some static burst in the movie including the look sir droids scene where it is most noticeable

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't know I was on the MEPD. Isn't this a TK board? :D

Ā 

I think the lines TK's should be worried about are on the Tantive raid. "There's one, set for stun" etc.

Ā 

I'll have to re-listen to the TK lines in ANH.

Ā 

I know ROTJ TK's don't have static burst or clicks.

• 2 weeks later...

I have definitely heard some kind of mic on or mic off click, or burst, but as mentioned before, it's not consistent.

Ā 

I just like the sound of it. : )

Ā 

Ā 

I find that people, after asking me a question, will mutter to their kid, companion, etc "He can't talk"

Ā 

Then when I do, they get a good chuckle. If I make the burst sound by blowing into the mic, they think it's even cooler.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I'd honestly be happy to get rid of static burst and have a voice amp that does the little click sound. But the static burst is cool too.

Hey Guys, going back on topic, has anyone managed to pull out the voice amp in the clone trooper helmet and modified it yet?

Static burst or not, this could be a great and cheap mod, if anyone knows how to get the static burst to work by just talking into the mic... :rolleyes:

Hey Guys, going back on topic, has anyone managed to pull out the voice amp in the clone trooper helmet and modified it yet?

Static burst or not, this could be a great and cheap mod, if anyone knows how to get the static burst to work by just talking into the mic... :rolleyes:

Ā 

well when put like that the answer would be

Ā 

do you want static burst between words when you talk, when people talk at you, when you breath, cough, fart?

When loud speakers nearby go off, evertime you walk past noise like radios tv's and children screaming look mum star trek!

Ā 

so you tone down the sensitivety and have to scream at people to make it work!

Ā 

Ā 

yeeeaaah

Ā 

You could possibly wire the button differently with an extension of some sort so you could have it in the palm of your hand and activated when you press it against your blaster or something.

Ā 

best post so far

Ā 

there are some youtube vids showing how to turn one of the ab palte button into a switch for static burst, you could use the same idea?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm been playin with the same idea about the static burst mic on the toy clone helmet. If someone figures out how to upgrade it to the stormtrooper helmet, please let us know. I'll be experimenting with mine in the next few weeks. I wonder though..... will it work with Stompers HOVI speakers?

• 3 weeks later...

I had the set up that consisted of the walmart amp ( gutted ) and the Hovis. It worked very well, but I wanted more volume. I currently have a memorex wireles rig connected to a Smalltalk voice amp. It seems to do the trick. For static and clicks, I just blow into the mic or make the sound.

Ā 

I think the mini speakers can handle only so much wattage. I connected a bigger amp to them and it was too much distortion. Like I said, they work very well, but match your amp source to the speakers.