Looking for wiring Diagram parallel versus series 2x 9 volt wiring

Folks,

Does anyone have a handy reference diagram for wiring up two fans, with two 9 volt batteries and one switch? I had one but I can't seem to find it anywhere... Thanks!

Folks,

Does anyone have a handy reference diagram for wiring up two fans, with two 9 volt batteries and one switch? I had one but I can't seem to find it anywhere... Thanks!

well if they are 12 volt fans that can run on 9 then you would wire them in parallel if they are 18 volt ( doubt it) you would run them in series... here i'll go in to paint and make a crappy diagram

ok i got a little confused... this may or may not work but i believe it will lol... i would just test if first b4 you soilder/shrinkwrap anything.

untitled.jpg

well thats a series circuit and that would mean that the two 9 volt batteries with add up to equal 18 and unless the fans can handle up to 18 volts you'll be in trouble. with the pic i drew you will get 9 volts to each fan with only one switch controlling the whole thing... here is better size pic since my photobucket is acting up...

untitled.jpg

thanks - yes the series was parallel was my primary concern that I didn't want to screw up. I built this up nicely for my TK RT and want to build something similar for my TC. I was trying to not rip up my TK lid to following the wiring :)

Btw - can I mod modify the subject to from "Diagram" to "Looking for wiring Diagram parallel versus series 2x 9 volt wiring." That way the thread is clear for the future. Thanks!

let me know if that circuit works if it doewsnt i can figure it out for you

I will, I should be wiring up this weekend

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone has checked there, but over here at the electronics stores, we can get multi circuit switches... IE: you can run two separate circuits through one switch, but still keep them separate, but switchable at the same time...

That way you can make them go ON-ON, or ON-OFF for the two circuits. In this case you'd want ON-ON....

Look for switches with 4 to 6 pins on the back... Or ask at the counter....It's easier to keep the circuits straight in your head with these switches....

:)

• 2 months later...

I've heard from some guys that the 9 volts drain very quickly, and yet others say that they work just fine. Anyone had any experience either way ?

• 2 years later...