Proposed CRL for Incinerator Trooper

Daetrin

Last Edited: 28FEB10

Context: Incinerator Trooper (INC)

MUST HAVE

* Comply with ALL CRL - ANH Stunt Must Have Requirements

Armor

* The holster may be omitted

* Pauldron : Red neck ornament made of leather or a leather-like material, worn over the right shoulder. These will be in the same style as sandtroopers and heavy weapons troopers

* Ammo Pouch : Black leather or leather-like German MP-40 style ammo pouche. This will be worn on the left shoulder in the same fashion as sandtroopers and heavy weapons troopers.

* Helmet and armor must include all special unit details in red that exactly match the videogame (see visual references below).

* Paint color should match the figure or game

Blaster

An Incinerator Trooper must have one of the following weapons:

* E-11 conforming to ANH, ESB, or ROTJ CRL Standards

* Flamethrower replicating game version

SHOULD HAVE

* Comply with ALL ROTJ CRL Should Have Requirements, but with the following variations:

o Hand plates must be ANH trapezoidal, not ROTJ snowtrooper hand plates

o Helmet must comply with ANH Stunt requirements

o Holster should be omitted

o Pauldron should be a lighter shade of red than the paint on the armor

o Shoulder straps may be ANH/ESB in nature rather than ROTJ

o Shoulder bells may be normal ANH rather than pinched per ROTJ standards

* Ammo pouch should be of the 3+1 variety, rather than a straight 3 pouch type

* Pauldron should fold over the right shoulder bell and be fitted, replacing the bell (see visual references)

* Armor and paint should be lightly scuffed, but not weathered

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Custom Star Wars: Force Unleashed 12" Incinerator Trooper without his helmet - clone head. Customized by Scott McCullar.

3385146251_2d895506b6.jpg

3385958640_29149e4251.jpg

3385958834_91e315fcb9.jpg

3385959048_7f73cb2352.jpg

3385959270_a0517e9550.jpg

Daetrin I hate to be the one to point this out but both of your ref pic are fan made. The figure is a custome which it looks like you know but the screen grab is a skin made to replace the shock trooper in Battlefront 2. I'm not to sure of the accurcy. I will play through the level in the game tonight and take some pics if I can manage to get some good ones.

Daetrin I hate to be the one to point this out but both of your ref pic are fan made. The figure is a custome which it looks like you know but the screen grab is a skin made to replace the shock trooper in Battlefront 2. I'm not to sure of the accurcy. I will play through the level in the game tonight and take some pics if I can manage to get some good ones.

I knew that of the custom, but not of the other grab. These are the only pix I could find, and w/o having a game for a reference I wasn't sure if the custom was just his imagination or made after the game itself. Perhaps I should head over to your place so I can see these in person?

I'm pretty caught off guard on the lack of any references out there - you'd think posting screen grabs would be trivial - so as a start I used whatever was out there for a base, knowing that it would have to be refined as more information surfaces.

I'm cool with you comming out maybe in the next few weeks I could host a AP you can check ou the game. My concern is that I was talking to someone who had the Wii version and since its a compleatly different game they merged some of the troopers together since they didn't need as many baddies for the game. I have the xbox and PSP ones. I may be able to barrow a wii one I think my brother-in-law has it still.

I figured the CRL was a work in progress at this point. :)

It's a bit hard to get good screen caps for these troops in the game because you mainly fight them on Kashyyyk at night. Looking thru wookieepedia and it seems you can get these costume in the game by entering the code "Phoenix" That would certainly help with getting screen shots.

So here is what I have so far. The game play pic is blury I need to get someone over that can take a picture while I'm playing.

they first show up.

As I played I did notice there is no backpack and no side ammo pouches. I will see if my wife is up to taking a couple pictures while I play either later today or tom---------orrow.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Great screen-caps! It looks to me like it's standard TK with the red coloring, no holster, and a pauldron with 3 ammo pouches.

Interesting thing, it appears that they have an ROTJ style ab plate with the "upside down" ab buttons.

• 1 month later...

I took some pictures myself on my PS3 they allways come out blurry but i guess thtas what you get for taking pictures of a TV screen.

Couple of notes

- The markings on the action figure do not match the markings in the game so im assuming the game is what the CRL should follow because hasbro obviously can't see and they just make up crap.

- There doesnt appear to be a right shoulder bell, the pauldron appears to be folded over the right shoulder in place of the armor

- The ammo pouch on the shoulder has the three magazine pouches AS WELL AS the fourth small cleaning kit pouch

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I wonder about the pauldron, is it meant to be folded down like that, or is that just a side effect of it being "skinned" on the character model and not a seperate 3d piece. (if that makes any sense)

No its definetly not skinned, the graphics and modeling in force unleashed for PS3 are too nice for them to do that. I think the pauldron is actually folded down over the shoulder.

Im going to try to get some pics of the flame thrower which from looking at it today doesnt appear to attach to the trooper at all.

It has a buttstock and handle like an m-16 or similar rifle and a long ribbed tube with some hoses running along the sides and a green/blue fuel cannister on the right side. The tip is larger then the body and the nozzle ends in a cone like an old ww2 flamer thrower unit and the lighter is positioned underneath the nozzle.

I have a print out of the developers render of the plasma rifle (flamethrower). It is all one unit with a fuel tank attached to the barrel. I will post pictures as soon as I start making it.

Sweet - can't wait to see it Walter!

• 7 months later...

Adding supplemental info:

1. This costume is now 501st approved. As such we'll surface this CRL for discussion and vote, starting today.

2. Additional shot

IncineratorLowRes.jpg.a3f4380ce7577a802a427a63b4dc1c8a.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

OK, so I updated the CRL in the first post to match the screen shots. FWIW, here is the trooper that was LMO approved:

Picture316.thumb.jpg.d9fec3e751b32fafb49be4c09037ecbd.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

• 1 month later...

Thomas (LMO) is the only one who can say for sure - as we've been reminded ad nauseum the dets don't set standards. But our recommendation is that yes, both are acceptable.

Well, the regular pauldron was Thomas approved, so that will be fine as a minimum. If you do the custom pauldron I can't imagine why it won't be approved as it's more accurate to the game.

• 4 months later...

Yup, and if Thomas says that, the CRL will match. I'll update the CRL on the Academy to reflect this.

Oh! We can still allow it for EIB though...

i think both shoulder bells should be worn most defiantly.. but i think the pauldron should be optional as the wrap around style is more accurate and unique to the incinerator, other troopers in the game with puadrons are more like sandtroopers

rip from psp version

sandtrooper_head.jpg

Edited by dashrazor