Glue, and all its messy fun

SO, this past week i have been taking whatever time i have to one by one permanently glue my thigh, and arm pieces.... as well as the fronts of my shins. But! Using e6000 i am finding that it oozes out the sides after its been set, which is fine and all and you can just pull out the extra but it seems to be leaving kind of a messy sticky little chunks of glue right where the 2 pieces meet and its tough to get them out. Is there an easy way to get rid of these that i am just not seeing? Also, i am finding that even though for the most part its going well but there are a few cases (mostly the thighs) where there is just a tiny bit of a gap. I was thinking of using some silicone sealant to just run a bead along the where they meet so it looks like one solid piece. I think it'll work because its very close to the same shade of white and won't crack under stress or anything... good idea? or not so much?

This stuff is much more difficult.... and more fun than i ever thought it'd be!

Thanks for the help :)

I used painters tape recently to help control where the E6000 was going when I recently redid my thighs. Once it's fully cured (I always leave it for 24 hours or longer) you could use an exacto or some kind of knife or scissors to clean up the edges.

When I glue parts together using E6000, I run a thin bead of glue towards the edge of the armour so that when I offer up the joining strip, the glue can spread without coming out and bing seen. If it does come, which it sometimes does, wait until it dries and run a razor blade along the edge of the joining strip and pull off the offending glue. You can do the same on the inside to make sure the opposite half of the armour butts up correctly.

I've read that some people run a bead of glue on their armour and spread it out first, so that they don't get any runs. Don't worry about any slight gaps. I think filling them with silicone is a bit over the top in my opinion.

You don't need to use a lot of E6000 to get a good bond, it's a great adhesive and is available in white too ;)

I used a nearly whole large tube during my armour fitting and re-strapping. Great stuff, smells AMAZING! :lol: :lol: :lol: (seriously, use in a well ventilated area!)

Haha yeah, well ventilated is right! I started out in my basement but quickly had to move to the garage because of the fumes. But yeah, i tend to spread it around evenly and then clamp the pieces together... Maybe i am just using too much then? I'll try with less glue once i get home! (muahahaha, school computers :P )