Holster question for elite

I wasn't overly happy with the right handed holster I got with my FX kit, so I made a left handed one out of a softer material. I think it looks pretty good, I'll post a pic when I get home tonight. I have some questions about attaching it and finishing it though. The FX one has what looks like snap tops where rivets might go (meaning they are closed off like mushroom tops, not hollow like donuts). Is that acceptable, or should I use rivets? Also, when attaching it to the belt (ANH style), is the front of the loop cut off, or just hidden behind the belt? I've seen some of the elite pics of belts, and they seem to vary as well. Some have what looks like rivets, some snaps, and some don't seem to have any attachment when viewed from the outside. Preferably I'd like to use snaps to secure it to the inside of the belt (2 per loop). Will that be acceptable?

I use snaps, that way I can take the holster on and off, makes for easier packing. Rivets are no doubt more secure, but permanent.

Hang on to the right-handed holster. If you decide to go ESB or sell it to someone who wants to go ESB, it'll come in handy.

• 3 weeks later...