Things to consider before buying armor

Well, I don't know about MEPD, but my contact sells his for 350, no helmet... my buddy says it doesnt have the rest either, just the body armor

I would say that is the going price for a raw FX kit, i wouldn't pay any more than that :unsure:

Good deal?

yes...better price than you will find on any auction cites, and less than I had to pay for mine a year and a half ago :D

Commander Dargas said:
I did! jajjajajaja

but I guess my tummy was stronger...what i?m thinking is following the old Sarge?s way of strapping the armor. It?ll be sturdier that way.

Thanks for the tip!

Dargas.

Here is how I did my strapping, pretty solid.

rest are here:

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 4 weeks later...
Hey, newbie jumping in to screw everything up, can anyone tell me a place to get molds for the stormtrooper armor so I can make my own?

If you want to make your own, that includes sculpting armor too.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear Trooper im Green as grass with becoming a trooper . Please can you send me some info on where,s the best place to ger trooped up. I know there is a lot of tossers just out to make a quick buck as it were or Euro where I am.

my email address is bodyglove126@hotmail. many many thanks TK8316

Hi Jamie,

There is a lot of information on the site about various types of armor, helmets, etc.

Before deciding to make a purchase, do some research. Read up and once you figure out what direction you want to go, post an introductory and let us know your plans.

Buying armor is like the 10th step, figuring out your plan for this hobby should take you time. Oh, and have fun. :lol:

• 1 month later...
Hi Jamie,

There is a lot of information on the site about various types of armor, helmets, etc.

Before deciding to make a purchase, do some research. Read up and once you figure out what direction you want to go, post an introductory and let us know your plans.

Buying armor is like the 10th step, figuring out your plan for this hobby should take you time. Oh, and have fun. :lol:

I know when I start building mine, I will be doing a lot of research on here and with others in the squad that have done them before.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When I say I want to be like Mike... I am not joking. I would love to have his BMI. Man, I bet he does well with the ladies! HAHAHA!

Seriously... he is a stud. Also, this forum and Daetrin made me go TK... but Mike made me dirty! HAHAHA!!!!!!!!! <--- OHHHH HAAAA HA HA HA! HAHAHAHAHA!

Go here to see my new dirty helmet...

http://www.mepd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=39335#39335

Mike H.'s site was one of the inspirations for this one. Truly a valuable resource for all who love white plastic.

• 6 months later...

I'm brand new to the board, definatley want to go with a ANH trooper. My question is helmets. I have a rather large head xl motor cycle helmets are a tight fit. Will I have any trouble with storm trooper helmets?

• 10 months later...
I'm brand new to the board, definatley want to go with a ANH trooper. My question is helmets. I have a rather large head xl motor cycle helmets are a tight fit. Will I have any trouble with storm trooper helmets?

I am new here too but I can easily stuff my big old head inside of a FX helmet. not sure about the others as I have not tried them. I know I am pretty much the "crew cheif" on a ARC clone and I can barely get my head inside that one, and tried on a Phase III helmet last week, it too was a tight fit, and those are smaller than a standard FX kit helmet.

• 7 months later...

Hey - I'm another rookie looking for his first set of white armor. What would you guys recommend for a first set. I've been hearing that FX is a great choice and sounds like the best price, but if you had the resources to go with more expensive armor, or would you still say go with the FX first and then upgrade later when you have a better idea of what you're looking at and know a little more about stormtrooping?

I strongly urge you to review the Armor Helmets section on this forum. There you will find the answers you seek. BTW fx is not the most affordable armor out there. Good luck on your armor decision Deltapilot!