TK-2036 Requesting Elite Status.[63][FX]

TK-2036 requesting ANH Stunt Expert Infantryman status. I fially have my FX and TE2 put together and ready for your approval. If you need any additional photos, please let me know. My camera is terrible so I hope that these are clear enough.

P3220481.jpg

P3220483.jpg

P3220484.jpg

P3220486.jpg

Now for the money shot....

P3220489.jpg

P3220490.jpg

P3220491.jpg

P3220492.jpg

P3220493.jpg

P3220497.jpg

I am using my not so impressive Hasbro since I am still waiting on T-Tracks for my Sterling Conversion project....

P3220498.jpg

P3220499.jpg

P3220500.jpg

Looks really good! Ideally the split should be visible under the belt, as we see this in a lot of shots in the ANH. Did you do the disk/cover conversion on that MG-34 too? It's a great job :)

Suit looks really nice, John! Yet another example that FX suits can look great with a little extra work.

The only two minor nitpicks about the photos I can see is that Terrell might want to see the kidney/back armor split below the belt when the belt is actually secured, as you could not clearly see this in the one shot where the belt was fastened. The other, even smaller bit is just showing that the lenses installed in your sweet TE2 bucket are green.

That's all I could see - really, you've done a great job. :)

Thanks! I haven't done the disk/cover conversion but it's next on my list!

I just can't get the split to be visible under the belt since I'm 6'2". The "Butt" plate would have to be halfway down my thighs to be visible. (BTW, it's not a jagged cut on the plate separation. My undersuit kind of bunched up in between the two pieces).

P3220501.jpg

P3220502.jpg

P3220504.jpg

Those lenses look pretty light. Can people see your eyes from the outside?

No, they are Smitty's lenses. Actually quite dark. The pic of the lenses is taken in a window with sunlight shining through them. It's the only way I could show that they are green. When I put them over a lightbulb, they were so dark that they looked black.

Here are a couple pics of my "Crack". I think that it about as far down as I can get away with. It is an improvement over the previous pics.

crack1.jpg

crack2.jpg

I hear ya about the difficulty in getting the ab/but plate seperation to show below the belt. Really, the preformed line on the FX armor isn't the best guide to use, especially for taller troopers like you and I (I'm 6'3"). Ideally another spot should be measured below where the belt rests, and then used as a guide to make the cut at that spot instead.

My lenses look light like that, as well, but they are plenty dark enough when actually wearing the helmet because light isn't entering or leaving the same way. Also they are easier to see out of because they still let in enough light, whereas darker grades make it nearly impossible to see under normal conditions - like wearing a welder's mask.

#63 to be awarded the EIB. Way to go Expert Infantryman :)

Woo hoo!!! I'm so pleased!!! If it wasn't 8am I'd celebrate with a couple cold beers! :D

Woo hoo!!! I'm so pleased!!! If it wasn't 8am I'd celebrate with a couple cold beers! :D

Go ahead! It's after noon somewhere! :pint1:

Nice to see another FX combo going EIB. Not bad armor with a little work.

Congrats!

No, they are Smitty's lenses. Actually quite dark. The pic of the lenses is taken in a window with sunlight shining through them. It's the only way I could show that they are green. When I put them over a lightbulb, they were so dark that they looked black.
:salute: