Hi guys, my names JT!

Im new here, and new to the whole scene. Im defiently not a huge fan of the series as most, but Ive been a fan of the movies since I first saw them when I was young. Ive always dug the storm troopers, and most of the Imperial army. When I got in an accident with my first car, I looked for a newer one, very similar to the first, and found another one, maintained with a Storm Trooper theme. I had seen the car on another car forum, and idolized it, so naturally, I bought the car :D

beach.jpg

Ive continued to maintain the Storm Trooper theme, and will keep doing so. A few months ago I found out about the 501st, and my interest in Storm Troopers have increased. The mission statement is wonderful, and reminded me much of my works mission statement (In-N-Out). I was very surprised to learn the level of participation the legion does with carity programs. I think its great that such a large group of people can come together, to share their passion with the world, while helping those in need.

I somewhat know how to get started. I know that I need a costume of high accuracy, and have read that the market sold ones are not allowed. Im assuming that includes the deluxe kit found ebay? Ive heard both good and bad things about the FX armor, and see if often on ebay. I know theres guides out there to make them, but Im bad enough at building plastic car models :lol: Being a College student, I dont have much to spend, though Id like to go as high as $600 (I know, not much I can get at that price!). Any help or recommendations would be great! Ive just registered with my local garrison, so hopefully I can be trooping soon!

Thanks everyone for reading!

JT

Welcome to the forums. FX is probably you best bet. I would try to stay away from ebay as much as possible, most of the stuff on there is recasted. Check out this thread: http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?show...&hl=fx+lite that should help you a little and will give you an idea of how much you will be spending on armor.

Thanks guys, im working on getting a suit.

Please excuse my lack of knowledge, but what is so bad about the recast, other than not being accurate? It seems like a cheap alturnative, and if modified, could possibly turn out decent. I see an FX unassembled kit going on ebay for around $220 plus shipping, and was wondering is worked on, it would be 501st material. Lots of sanding and trimming would be involved (I have grits 40-2000 lol), and painting, but would it be decent enough?

Thanks for your help guys! Ive spent the past 5 hours looking though this site and my local garrisons!

JT

Whoa!

Only $220 for FX Armor!?

Nothing wrong with FX...my first set of plastic white goodness was FX back in 2004.

I remember getting it from a fellow 501st trooper in SoCal, it was also double this price though.

T :salute:

Whoa!

Only $220 for FX Armor!?

Nothing wrong with FX...my first set of plastic white goodness was FX back in 2004.

I remember getting it from a fellow 501st trooper in SoCal, it was also double this price though.

T :salute:

Its seems to be. I searched FX armor on ebay for the past month, and the same guy seems to be selling a set every few days, around $200-300, plus expensive shipping. If id go with it, id get another helmet, aparently FX is huge :D

Welcome to the FISD JT! :)

Yeah! hehe someone else from So Cal joined! Yeah I dont have the armor yet either but =) i will find a way to get one! Welcome to all this information burst I tell ya lol *hugs*

Yeah I just finish college so i know money isnt flowing hehe but yeah =) I am gonna see if i can aim at a TX kit but as far as I know these people will help ya lots!

Welcome from a former SoCal resident!

Now, what do I have to do to get you to ship me some Double-Doubles? :lol:

Welcome from a former SoCal resident!

Now, what do I have to do to get you to ship me some Double-Doubles? :lol:

Give me your armor :D

Thanks for the welcome guys!