It's here It's here!

The AP armor looks awesome! its coming along geat. i know how you feel on the skinniness tho. I have been building my commander TK here in afghan its hard haha, I still have alot of work to do. I've also have had a hard time with the thighs fitting. They are right about the E6000, I ordered some (still waiting for it to get here but it will be worth it) Not sure if its been said but modding the cod and butt pieces were such a great idea for me...sitting and bending over is such a plus!

Its looks great and I cant wait to see it all finished!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i get home I'll armor up and post some pictures of my progress so far, still some little things to work out with straps and holding it together but to me its night and day difference with it glued and trimmed.... so beautiful =)

OK my friend got some time to put you on the right track.I have seen that you need to fix one side of your suit together(the AB and Back on the right hand side as you look at it.)

There are many ways you can do this .......

Easy as you are slim is to run some velcro down the side and your done.The other side will overlap but will hold by its self.Or if you have lots of room run velcro down both sides and step into it.

My old RT suit was masive and that was my fix.Found an old picture to help.

3567940515_3a8cb9c1d1.jpg

Dont go with the heat ideas as i feel your not ready for this method (You really need to know what you are doing with plastic) Im still getting it wrong after lots and lots of practice.

The other way is for a screen look suit with rivets down the right side .

2770648906_9c919053d8.jpg

First off cut a strip of ABS .Drill three holes for the rivets.Push the rivet in from the outside of the suit through the AB part,through the strip and capped with a male snap head.

2769803113_d6bfe7c95e.jpg

2769803503_6601d37c04.jpg

2769803833_ccaf74021f.jpg

Thats the Ab part done.Now offer up the back part,mark the position of the rivets and do the same three rivets and snaps on the back part (Right side only as you look at the suit from the front.) Like this....

2900355578_b51e17ceef.jpg

The two halves front and back are joined like this .........

2899511189_b2126660a9.jpg

Three 1 inch elastic straps with female snaps.

I have a ton of pictures of my old AP build HERE

I hope some of this helps.

That looks fantastic!!!! It might take me another month or so of reading up on this and testing with the extra material in my spare time but i never thought to do that! My only concern is that it might look a little funny because the ab and back parts don't have much curve to it so it'll make me look flat as can be! (not that its really a change from how it is now :P ) But i LOVE the look :)