?how to improve my FXlite?

Hello!

i've heard about the inaccuracies of the FX armor (minus the helmet).. but at the moment an MRCE bucket and an FXlite kit is all i could afford.. ;)

i'm currently in the building stage and would like to know what parts of the FX kit should i replace to make it a bit more accurate for a ANH TK. i know the shoulder bells are to be replaced..but what other mods do i have to do or replace? i was thinking of getting replacement parts thru AP.

Thanks for the help!

Luis

Your best bet is to start reading through the Elite requirements and submission threads and making the Elite-required mods. They are mostly small changes that collectively make a world of difference.

From there, if you want to take it further you can do things like trimming the chest piece & adding a return edge, adding a return edge to the shoulder bells, tapering the thighs, swapping out for AP or RT-Mod parts, etc.

Brian is absolutely right.Out of the box the fx lite is quit acceptable as long as it has been built to the right standards.I know ,i gained access into the ukg which has very high standards and of course elite with an FX lite suit and AP helmet.

The only thing i changed on mine was the td ,i bought a fully assembled accurate one only because i couldnt be bothered building the FX one.I also cheated a bit with the return edges,instead i put a bit foam behing the chest,back and shoulder bells to give the illusion of depth instead of the return edge mod.

I would reccomend a set of vaderdave's AB buttons ,canvas belt from firebladejedi (or any of the other sellers) and an accurate holster from bernard to finish the suit off.

You will also need to cut 2 small circles of plastic to fit ontop of the squares on either side of the front part of the belt to look like the center piece of the belt.

so you could save yourself lots of time and money just assembling what you have got.

proof of the pudding SDS on the left,FX lite + AP helmet on the right6sdAOBb.jpg

If you need any help give me a shout

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Colin's FX looks really nice. The #1 thing you can do is to ensure it's properly fitted for you. To truly pimp it out you'd want to do all of the below, but you can really do which parts speak to you:

1) Replace the ab plate buttons with those from VaderDave

2) Replace the plastic belt with a canvas one.

3) Split the back in to butt/kidney plates

4) Do the chest plate / shoulder bell mod to trim them up and add return edges (or foam like Colin)

You could really keep going and get latex hand plates too and a more accurate TD. It really comes down to what level of accuracy you want and your inclination. None of these really cost much money, just time.

Geez guys thanks for the TONS of help..really :D

i'm still a newbie though on the modifications..

4) Do the chest plate / shoulder bell mod to trim them up and add return edges (or foam like Colin)

what exactly are the return edges? how do i do it? or do the foam mod like colin's?

sorry for the newbie questions!

Louis,

Here are some pics of mine using the foam mod.

Firstly the shoulder bells,glue the foam to the area that sits against the bicep piece,therefore pushing the bell out a bit

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Thanks for the links and replies guys.. Awesome help!

The FX sure needs a lot of work! But i'm also into scale modeling, so i'm gonna enjoy every minute of modding my armor! :D

Thanks for the links and replies guys.. Awesome help!

The FX sure needs a lot of work! But i'm also into scale modeling, so i'm gonna enjoy every minute of modding my armor! :D

The mods are part of the fun, plus it really gives your suit a unique look. I have yet to see any 2 suits with the same mods.

You will find that the more you get into the hobby and the more you wear your armour and mix with other troopers you will always find something to modify..

I have done the following to my armour although not all mods may be visible..

Change the helmet, replaced the shoulder bells, reshapped the bicep cut out on the inside to square, smaller ab plate buttons, modified the ab plate to raise the belt from my hips to around my middle, latex hand plates on rubber gloves. Cut the butt plate from the kidney plate ( not visible ) reshapped the thigh pack ( not visiable ).

--------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

The mods are part of the fun, plus it really gives your suit a unique look. I have yet to see any 2 suits with the same mods.

I'm still a new be with this and i will have to say the same . you will or almost never see the same mod . but all the input that all of you give can make one hell of a outfit . I'm still doing things that all of you suggest to make my armor better.

You will find that the more you get into the hobby and the more you wear your armour and mix with other troopers you will always find something to modify..

I have done the following to my armour although not all mods may be visible..

Change the helmet, replaced the shoulder bells, reshapped the bicep cut out on the inside to square, smaller ab plate buttons, modified the ab plate to raise the belt from my hips to around my middle, latex hand plates on rubber gloves. Cut the butt plate from the kidney plate ( not visible ) reshapped the thigh pack ( not visiable ).

Great mods! Is that an FX body kit? Howd you mod the ab plate to make your belt go higher?

I cut underneath where the belt sits and added a couple of inches to raise the belt to my middle. You cannot see the mod under the belt. It also stopped the chest plate getting stuck under the ab plate.