What is a Heavy Weapons Trooper

Daetrin

I was thinking the same thing about the Themo Detonator and the pack. This might require the pack to be higheron the back or smaller in size to accomodate a comfortable positiopn on the back.

As of now, I have a compete HWT, minus the weapon I want, which is the big bazooka looking thing. I have a DLT-19, so I guess I am complete... Can we submit pictures for ID yet?

TK-J said:

If we go by Chazz's screen caps, we'll have a det dangling off the back. Thats going to be uncomfortable with a field pack :lol:

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 3 months later...

i think the T Det is only still there so they didnt have to redo the original stormtrooper model and they could just add on the backpack bazooka etc i really dont think it should be a compulsory part of the HWT costume

I'd also vote to remove the O2 cylinder. I've done a TD for several years and can't see wearing a pack and a O2 at the same time. The physiology doesn't work this way in real life.

I'll update the CRL & EIB standards unless someone objects.

• 9 months later...

Is this the battlefront reference everyone is talking about, the PLT mini-mag rocket launcher battlefront 2 shocktrooper, cause I built the bazooka. ---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

William - then I want to see your EIB submission thread. That is the most awesome thing I've seen in a long time :)

I never submitted for the HWT, Ive been inactive so long and during that long time period, tons of ideas went into motion. Built custom sandy pack there, bought the pauldron. Added the ww2 french ammo pouch for my amp with the mic. As for the bazooka or rocket launcher per say, I played the game star wars battlefront 2 till i turned blue in the face. That game had tons of ideas, I even made the imperial mine that the bf2 shocktrooper carried. It has a big flashing led on the top of it. During this time I looked at action figures for ideas, which reminds me I just submitted an idea from a action figure and very little movie reference pics that were available. That would the ANH Imperial Spacetrooper. Waiting to hear about possible approval as we speak on that. Thats also an awesome idea to submit a thread for the EIB, never ever thought of trying that either. I almost like this forum better than the main legion forum, just got on board for this one today. Maybe my ideas will get more EU type costumes going. Its really good to be on the active status once more.

Really? When did you submit the space trooper? Would love to see pix - in fact it's really considered a standard TK and the space pack is an accessory.

Just submitted the ANH spacetrooper the other day, as for what you see for the HWT there with the PLT mini-mag missile launcher from the game star wars bf2. I have the ammo pouch for the shoulder, and only the french ww2 ammo pouch for that costume, plus sandy pack is custom, and I would probably need another sandy ammo pouch for the other side on the belt. So I may need that before i submit for a HWT. As for the spacetrooper, Its a complicated and conflicting situation when you only have very little movie reference to go by, also with hasbro making an action figure of the ANH imperial spacetrooper, it can leave open a ton of optional ways to go about this costume. So I took a very unusual route with it. In movie pics, you see the black buttons are still there on the ab plate, well the figure has them colored white, in which i went that route with it, and just found sticky round adhesives to go over the black, which can just be peeled off. We never see a full view of the backpack in movie picture reference, hasbro has been only one to give a full view reference. So in that case we dont know if they wear a thermal detonator or not, but the figure has it, so i went with the idea they didnt have one. As for rebreather hose, I figured it could be ribbed like the tie fighter pilots, hasbro made it ribbed, but if seen in movie reference it could be a smooth industrial black hose. So what im saying, you could possibly have a this or that option possibly with this costume. I will post pics in my next thread of it, cause its like writing a book here explaining.

Edited by TK5066

=======

According to hasbro a new imperial weapon was intruced and even more custom lewis gun,

the T-21 Light repeating blaster.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Who did you submit these to? It's the first I've seen the pix, and I'd have thought I'd at least see them in the GML area.

Who did you submit these to? It's the first I've seen the pix, and I'd have thought I'd at least see them in the GML area.

Garrison Carida GML, he probably hasnt got to it yet.

Who has approval authority for HWTs? Is it the LMO, or has it been delegated to the GMLs?

I'm trying to get myself official for HWT, and while I plan on submitting for EIB with my new build - to be completed in about a month or so, I figure I can at least get basic approval with my current build.

As an EU trooper it's the LMO. I just saw your app on the LMO 2010 approvals thread in the GML area, posted 27JUN. I gave you a pass, we'll see what the LMO says. He's a little behind, but should be caught up in a few days.

As an EU trooper it's the LMO. I just saw your app on the LMO 2010 approvals thread in the GML area, posted 27JUN. I gave you a pass, we'll see what the LMO says. He's a little behind, but should be caught up in a few days.

:duim: