boots- will these work?

got these at savers for $12, wash and wore them today and are nice and comfy to walk in, hopefully they work but if they dont they're still cool boots

they have a zipper on the inner leg side but theres a small flap above it so you kinda cant see it, i know they should have the elastic thing but the shin part covers it on my armo----------

got the paint/dye just wanna know if these are acceptable since i cant really justify spending $80 on caboots right now

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Well for $12, you're not out much.

I bought these, they take about 6-8 weeks to arrive after you order them. They are only £25.60 ($36.08) plus shipping, great deal IMO. I ordered mine when they were $45 plus shipping, grab them quick while the Pound Sterling is weak.

CIMG1643.jpg.ea0229d682f4e91a5bfb93eca1ed6552.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

You can always cut out the U shape and sew an elastic band there. I swapped my black elastic band for a white one on my shoes, and it's totally doable to do it from scratch as well. Only thing different is that you need to cut the U shape and make holes for the seams as leather can be hard to work on with needles only.

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

TK-1287 said:
Well for $12, you're not out much.

I bought these, they take about 6-8 weeks to arrive after you order them. They are only £25.60 ($36.08) plus shipping, great deal IMO. I ordered mine when they were $45 plus shipping, grab them quick while the Pound Sterling is weak.

---------

How much was the shipping? Does not say on their website to US.

How much was the shipping? Does not say on their website to US.

Yeah, I'm really interested in getting these too. I sent an email to them yesterday asking for a quote for shipping to the USA. No reply yet.

Shipping was only like £7 I think. It calculates shipping and all of that junk while you're processing your purchase. Just choose USA and your zip code, and it will give you a final price. I think I only paid $53 for them total.

I just ordered these in a size 13:

---------

I think they are the same as TK-1287's. They are based in the US so you don't get killed on shipping.

These will be $46 delivered after using the coupon code "NEW" for $5 off.

Andy, let us see what/how you turn those white. I will be doing the same thing it looks like.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I think they are the same as TK-1287's. They are based in the US so you don't get killed on shipping.

Andy, let us see what/how you turn those white. I will be doing the same thing it looks like.

Those look fantastic. Definitely would save on the shipping wait. Maybe their out of stock on certain sizes right now cause I didn't see mine available. I ordered mine from barnstormers yesterday; cost $52. The wait to arrival begins!

Yes Andy, please take lots of pics on how you dye those boots, and what brand you used. I'll be doing the same thing also! :D

JSmails said:
I just ordered these in a size 13:

---------

Let us know how they are. I am looking at the same boot.

Does it run true to size?

Thanks!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Well, the Equestrianconnection emailed me today to say that they are out of stock in my size and discontinued. Grrrrrr.

How about these. CHEAP!

-------

I know they have that weird toe. But would it be enough to keep you from Elite? No zippers, and correct elastic, but just a weird cut to set off the toe.

I'd like to know before I buy. I'll keep looking.

I would buy the Barnstormers for $52 delivered, but they only go up to a 46. My size 13 Nike says 47.5 on the tongue, so I don't think a 46 would work. :D

EDIT:

I found Tuffa boots in the UK. Which of their styles is most correct?

---------

Lots of different styles of Jodhpurs there. I just don't know which is the "correct one" to get from someplace. They seem to have my size though.

Where oh where did those hi-res boot pictures go? :rolleyes:

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Hbrika said:
Is this them? I typed 154803 as a stock number and got these

--------

Those were the ones. Thanks for fixing the link.

The ones that you link are the boots I was going to buy for $45 delivered I believe. The item you linked doesn't have my size. (13)

I'll keep looking.

Off on a tangent..... Does anyone know where to get leather dye to dye the boots? I was stunned when Michael's said they don't have any.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Null 13 said:
ok so wait I didnt see a response to these but would these work for a TX?

just means i dont have to dye them white

---------

Those would be great.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed