Is height a factor in elite status?

Hey all.

I'm 6'4" and I am hoping to obtain elite status.

I'm purchasing FX armor which I hope I can mod with the tips I've seen on this forum while lurking when waiting to get validated.

Is height a factor? Will I get elite status if I can actually get all the specs down correctly but for my proportions?

Thanks

TK-725

Fantastic! :) I joined the 501st way back in 1999 :D Years ago I sold my armor but I'm looking to get back into it all again :) I'll look around for answers on the forum but I'll ask a question here too.

Is it possible to mod fx armor to look more accurate, and is it also possible to mod fx armor to hide the big gaps that tall TK's sometimes have between their armor parts that show a lot of the undersuit? I want to do it and have it look seamless.

I'm 6'4", and my vintage 2001/2002 FX armor fits pretty well - with modifications. I had to cut my ab/cod and add an extension (hidden by the belt). Legs still pose a problem as they barely cover the top of the boots. Eh, whatcha gonna do?

(sorry I can't post pictures here at work - can't access photobucket - but they're posted under my elite request)

Just don't stand to close to Darth Vader ;)

At 6'-03" in or out of armor, I can't tell you how often I've heard that one! :lol: Just one more reason to add to the list of why I'm working on a Vader costume of my own. Really, height is no issue (if anyone asks, tell 'em it's the uniform ;) )

I'm glad I'm only 5'11". If I were in the 6+ range then Vader would be SOOOO tempting. My pocket book just wouldn't take the abuse. :o

Yeah, but sometimes I get mad that 5'11" is too tall to be a Jawa. I love those guys. :P

You can mod FX to a point, but if your looking to cover more black you may want to consider RT-Mod armor. It's made for bigger troopers.

I'll second that. I just received my long-awaited RT armor a few days ago and have started putting it together. Already I can tell that it's going to fit better than my FX and should look quite nice. The thigh armor was the big thing on the FX kit - TK-725, if you look at my Elite app pics you can see what I mean (I'm 6'3"). The RT thigh pieces should work out much better in that regard.