What's in your tub?

So I wanted to start a thread and understand what spare equipment you typically carry with you.

1. Duct tape

At one trooping event one of my ABS snap tabs broke loose. Another TK used two pieces of duct tape and I was ready to go. Not a permanent solution, but it did work until I got home.

2. Spare batteries

On more than one event I'm run through my 9volt's spinning the fans the entire time.

3. Cell phone

I installed a black pouch on my belt so I can carry a phone and the batteries for in troop events. Both are for emergencies.

Thx, Ed

Do you mean in the bin or on your person? I have a small "first aid" kit that I keep in my bin:

1. Scissors

2. Velcro

3. Snap kit w/strapping material

4. Electrical tape

5. Leatherman

6. Spare neckseal (in case someone forgets theirs)

7. Zip (bundle) ties

I find I use the velcro & scissors (or knife) the most for spot fixes, and it's black to boot.

In my bin, I always carry a small tool box.

Contents:

Hot glue gun/glue

epoxy putty

Gorilla Tape

elecitrical tape

scissors

rivet gun/rivets

strap material

snaps

white and black industrial velcro

extra push buttons

wire

wire strippers

cheap velcro for batteries

Sharpies

White paint marker

Extreme Velcro

elastic

washers

screws and nuts

clamp

mesh screen

shoe goo

wire connectors

For long weekend troops I also pack in a multi speed dremel and a small tool kit. The dremel worked wonders in Columbus, I was just gettign ready to go out when my thigh split apart at the seam, I dremeled a little hold and poped in a rivet and it was super strong and fixed in a flash.

• 2 weeks later...

- White duct tape

- Novus #2

- Rag for polishing / wiping down armor after troop

- Spare batteries for voice amp

- Dehumidifer (found this at the local grocery store - designed to keep your closets nice and dry, but figured it would help after trooping)

For conventions, I will also throw a rotary tool, glue gun, rivet gun, spare velcro into a backpack.

So a different question, but related. How big is your tub to carry all that stuff? Do you carry your armor in one tub and then a tool kit with the stuff (like deo)?

Thx, Ed

I carry all my stuff in a single Rubbermaid tub I got from Fred Meyer. Walmart carries a similar size one that's got a little more interior room, but has no handle (e.g. not as easy to drag to events).

If I remember correctly, mine is a Sterilite 45 gallon bin with wheels. The handle is a little annoying, but it works. I was going to go for a larger Rubbermaid bin, but I'm glad I didn't: this one clears just perfectly in the back of my '05 Altima. Everything fits inside neatly (as long as you stack it correctly). My girlfriend made me drawstring cloth bags for all my armor, mics pieces (voice amp, gloves, sweat bands, etc), and a fleece bag for my bucket.

In the bottom are a couple Ziploc baggies with Plastic Welder, Krazy Glue, Velcro, spare bits of ABS, some soft cloths, and a couple other things.

If I remember correctly, mine is a Sterilite 45 gallon bin with wheels. The handle is a little annoying, but it works. I was going to go for a larger Rubbermaid bin, but I'm glad I didn't: this one clears just perfectly in the back of my '05 Altima. Everything fits inside neatly (as long as you stack it correctly). My girlfriend made me drawstring cloth bags for all my armor, mics pieces (voice amp, gloves, sweat bands, etc), and a fleece bag for my bucket.

In the bottom are a couple Ziploc baggies with Plastic Welder, Krazy Glue, Velcro, spare bits of ABS, some soft cloths, and a couple other things.

I use the same one, they just came out w/a nice gray color instead of the light blue. My FX is in a 50 gallon w/wheels. The 50 gallon fits in the back of my Mazda 3 hatch but it hangs on the sides, the 45 gallon fits perfectly.

I get everything in it no problem. I put a box under the helmet w/all sorts of spare parts, white duck tape, snaps, elastic, Devcon Plastic Welder, super glue, batteries, etc. I'm not sure everything that is in it right now, I usually re-pack it the night before any event.

I've got a tool kit that I take with me on troops. I keep quite a few items in it:

1) Plastic Welder

2) Industrial velcro

3) Sheet styrene

4) Rivet gun, and rivets

4) Drill, and drill bits

5) Scissors

6) Hobby paint brushes, and touch up paint

7) One inch nylon webbing, and extra elastic

8) 1000 to 12,000 grit sand paper

9) Turtle Wax spray on car wax

10) Razor knife

11) Screw drivers

12) Pliers

13) 501st patch trades

14) 501st card trades

15) 501st temp. tattoos

My armor bin is the big Stanley tool box with wheels.

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

That's definately better than the Walmart bin most people have.

-----------

It's only $25 or so, but the downsides I've found on these are:

1) There is handle on the side to pull it with, so you need to rig something

2) I've found the lid pops off way too easy, and doesn't stay secure while traveling

My other bin is this Rubbermaid I got at Fred Meyer

-------

I like it because it's easy to pull along (hey, sometimes the changing area is a few blocks from the car) and the lid stays secure, but there is less room than the Walmart special. I can get all my kit in but it's there's not much room room left over.

My wife thinks I got the Caravan for haulding kids, but it's really because I can stuff three bins, two sandtrooper packs, three BFGs, Jedi kit, and two fellow troopers. 

The Stanley tool box looks the best - do you know if you can take that on an airplane?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

The Stanley toolbox is definately the way to go it seems, but like I said, I can just barely clear the trunk in my car with the Wal-Mart bin. Also, we don't have Fred Meyer stores in Florida that I know of. The only time I've seen one was then I was staying with some friends in Seattle.

My wife thinks I got the Caravan for haulding kids, but it's really because I can stuff three bins, two sandtrooper packs, three BFGs, Jedi kit, and two fellow troopers. :td::td: :ph34r:

I can attest to that.

For the lid, I heard someone suggest punching holes in the the lid and running a nylon rope through it for easier pulling. ;)

• 2 months later...

I am assembling a field "first-aid" kit, containing:

Aliminum tape

Novus polish #2

ABS cement

Paintbrushes

Black and white paint

Velcro

A set of small screwdrivers

Hot-glue gun and "Ammo" (gluesticks)

a spanner

9V batteries

I am going to add:

Nuts and bolts

If someone can come up with any other things it'd would be great.

With all that stuff in the tote, how do you all prefer to protect your armor form dents and scratches? I can just stack it in there, but creative ways to protect it elude me at this point...

:huh:

My girlfriend made me a fleece draw string bag for my bucket. After that, she decided to make me bags for all my armor. It helps keep the scratches off the armor when I'm stacking everything together. The only downside is that it adds time to gearing up and down.

If you're handy with a sewing machine, it's pretty easy. When she did them, she was just learning to sew, so it wasn't a huge daunting task or anything. I'll take pics soon and post them if anyone's interested.

Carlos - I see a new product line for your gf - TK armor bags! Each one can be labeled with the part they should contain (for those us who need garanimal clothes), and you can add people's TK ID's to them for a "nominal fee". ;-)

Aside from Vader who only has a couple of hard pieces to worry about, we're the only costume type with this need. I'd think they'd be pretty cool, IMHO.

Funny thing is I tried to talk her into it, but she's a grad student and works full time, not to mention she's working on a Ventress and Jango for herself. Got her hands pretty full at the moment, but I'll keep trying. Maybe I could get her to do a limited run just for First Imperial Stormtrooper Corps members... No promises though!

some of you have their whole toolbox with you while trooping it seems :lol:

for armor emergencies i have usually only:

-white and black tape

-velcro

-hot glue and hot glue pistol

-needle and thread

-some band aid

additional stuff is:

-camera + spare batteries

-patches/cards to trade (only at multi garrison events or bigger events)

-temp. tattoos/flyers as give aways

-garrison lanyard + badge

-shower out of the can (deodorant) <- very important :rolleyes:

-new tshirt.

extra straps

extra heavy duty snaps(and hammer to fix them in place)

Snaps with bases

Velcro(both colors)

armor polish

Goo Gone

white boot polish

scissors

razor knife

mini clamps

ABS glue

ABS stips

Pop Rivet gun( and Rivets)

electrical tape

Extras:

Temp tatoos

Batteries

screwdriver

deodorant(ALWAYS)...lol

I think thats it, but I probably forgot sopmething...

Boozel

• 4 weeks later...
TK-Fett said:
In my bin, I always carry a small tool box.

Contents:

Hot glue gun/glue

epoxy putty

Gorilla Tape

elecitrical tape

scissors

rivet gun/rivets

strap material

snaps

white and black industrial velcro

extra push buttons

wire

wire strippers

cheap velcro for batteries

Sharpies

White paint marker

Extreme Velcro

elastic

washers

screws and nuts

clamp

mesh screen

shoe goo

wire connectors

For long weekend troops I also pack in a multi speed dremel and a small tool kit. The dremel worked wonders in Columbus, I was just gettign ready to go out when my thigh split apart at the seam, I dremeled a little hold and poped in a rivet and it was super strong and fixed in a flash.

WOW, you could put a raw armor kit together with those supplys :blink::lol:

Kahler TK-8029 said:
I've got a tool kit that I take with me on troops. I keep quite a few items in it:

1) Plastic Welder

2) Industrial velcro

3) Sheet styrene

4) Rivet gun, and rivets

4) Drill, and drill bits

5) Scissors

6) Hobby paint brushes, and touch up paint

7) One inch nylon webbing, and extra elastic

8) 1000 to 12,000 grit sand paper

9) Turtle Wax spray on car wax

10) Razor knife

11) Screw drivers

12) Pliers

13) 501st patch trades

14) 501st card trades

15) 501st temp. tattoos

My armor bin is the big Stanley tool box with wheels.

--------

Nice set up!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed