Cloth Belt Assembled.. but how to I make it stay?

TK3202

Hey guys, quick q. I'm on the long, tedious road to Elite class, and one of the many things I've done was to get myself a cloth belt (kudos to Fitz btw).

Thing is, now it moves. And this is without the holster, which I'm afraid will make things even worse. It will want to sag down, even when the belt is tight. My old plastic belt was fastened to the ab plate, so I'm not used to this kind of movement.

What's a simple way to make this stop? I'm sick, and I only have about a week till my next troop, so I need something that can be done in house, and quickly.

Thanks guys.

You can try adding some velcro or snaps to your ab plate and belt to make it stay, i have never had this problem myself.. or screw through everything again like you did before, that is how my AP suit was set up.

Velcro works like a charm. If you are worried about the holster making it sag add some plastic behind the belt and holster loops that will help out a lot.

Thanks guys! I'm hoping to do the snaps in time, but if not... I could always put some sticky velcro on the belt to last just the one troop before I get something more permanent done. I just hope it stays on haha. :)

Darryl - Here is how my belt attaches to my ab. There are 3 snaps on the hard front of the belt. Then I have a small piece of Velcro that is sewn into the front that matches up to the center of the ab. Then once the belt is tight, it stays in place. The hard part about the removable belt is you need to make sure you are centered when you put it on. The Velcro in the front serves well on the duel purposes.

2r7jhXx.jpg

gdlKWeN.jpg

YraTdVU.jpg

Thanks bud. I just attached the snaps to the holster tonight... it's so awesome not to have the slots that you put the belt through anymore :D. I'm debating if I want to use snaps on the front, or just do velcro. At the very least, since I can't sew it by my troop this weekend, I'll use sticky velcro on the fabric and the ab plate/back plate to make it stay for the troop.

I'd think it would stay on the cloth long enough for the troop at least... if not, maybe use rivets to hold the velcro in since I can't sew...

Hey, it's something!

Ok, I am SO proud of myself :D. I used the existing holes in the ab plate where the bolts were in holding the old plastic belt, and used that to put the snaps in on either end. I put snaps in either side of the fabric belt.. it's PERFETLY level and the holster is done too! Thanks guys for the help!

Thanks bud. I just attached the snaps to the holster tonight... it's so awesome not to have the slots that you put the belt through anymore :D. I'm debating if I want to use snaps on the front, or just do velcro. At the very least, since I can't sew it by my troop this weekend, I'll use sticky velcro on the fabric and the ab plate/back plate to make it stay for the troop.

I'd think it would stay on the cloth long enough for the troop at least... if not, maybe use rivets to hold the velcro in since I can't sew...

Hey, it's something!

Be sure that you add rivets for the holster. They don't have snaps on them. The holster is actually riveted to the belt where the straps are on the inside of the belt. For elite status, you need to have the holster riveted to the inside of the belt with 4 rivets (2 on each side) and use the brown strips of leather for the straps.

Be sure that you add rivets for the holster. They don't have snaps on them. The holster is actually riveted to the belt where the straps are on the inside of the belt. For elite status, you need to have the holster riveted to the inside of the belt with 4 rivets (2 on each side) and use the brown strips of leather for the straps.

Actually it just has to be mounted behind the belt. Rivets, snaps, or rigging plastic and velcro are all acceptable.

Actually it just has to be mounted behind the belt. Rivets, snaps, or rigging plastic and velcro are all acceptable.

Thanks Terrell. I didn't realize that. Looking at reference photos, I just assumed that it was in the standards.

Thanks Terrell. I didn't realize that. Looking at reference photos, I just assumed that it was in the standards.

Yea, there was one guy recently who got in with just 2 like I did and with snaps :). Thanks for lookin out for me though. :)