Deployment Standards - ANH - working draft

This is just a working draft, comments welcome.

To qualify for Death Star Deployed status for an ANH stormtrooper cotume, the elements are:

Required

1. ANH style armor

2. ANH style helmet

3. Canvas belt

4. Gray frown

5. Holster

6. ANH style E-11 blaster

Optional

1. MG-34

should the frown be cut out as in ANH?

should a sound system be manditory for deployment?

I think deployment should be a little tougher to achieve. As it stands now, deployment standards are not much higher than those of the 501st.

The biggest difference is in requiring ANH style armor, but yeah I think yours are great suggestions as they do make your costume more screen accurate.

Also, should we specify the number of teeth cut out & lens types, e.g. you need to pick either the Hero or Stunt variations, but not mix details?

Hopefully I'll get this right:

Hero (as worn by Luke & Han)

Lowered brow

Bubble lenses

Six "teeth"

Stunt

Flat green lenses

Eight teeth

Here is a great page that explains the differences:

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/stormcompGinoCR_GF.htm

You ever troop with a Sterling or MR? I think as long as the weapon looks like what it's supposed to, it should be good to go. I love hyperfirm, but I've seen other custom E-11's that look just as good.

I wouldn't require a sound system, since that is more of a peripheral item than a visible costume detail. Or, maybe require it to be "invisible" if present. ie; no big-arsed speaker hanging off of your belt.

You ever troop with a Sterling or MR? I think as long as the weapon looks like what it's supposed to, it should be good to go. I love hyperfirm, but I've seen other custom E-11's that look just as good.

You mean like MY Bad Boy scratch built E-11's? This is three different Blasters I've made so far... B) (BTW, do you have a line on the Belt Canvas?)

Comparison1.jpg

Comparison2.jpg

LaBrake9.jpg

LaBrake5.jpg

LaBrake4.jpg

Comparison5.jpg

Comparison3.jpg

Comparison4.jpg

That's some seriously beautiful craftsmanship! To me that would qualify as a quality fan-made blaster. :)

For the belt, here is a post from TE on another board:

Well, time for one last reveal folks.

While at the archives doing some work for LFL this last summer I was able to find some ANH stormtrooper suits they did not know they had. I was able to see the strapping, and also the belts. Cool stuff, but paper thin. It is not the .080 AA claims was used. It is .060 and not the color AA claims it was (Surprised? Me neither.)

So I can say I can tell you 100% what the belts are as I actually touched the stupid things and the archivists agreed 100% on the material...

Drum roll..... salute

CANVAS

So there you have it. I cannot commnet on the interior strapping, nor can I draw you a diagram and I am sorry about that. Use this info above to assist you in making your suits even better. No, it is not leather as some beleive it to be. 100% cut and stacked and sewn canvas.

Enjoy.. (Another fine bit of information brought to you by TE.. when in doubt, toss it out. Like all the AA crap)

The original belts are cut and piled and sewn. How many layers I have no clue. As far as attaching things I am sure it would be fine as long as you riveted them as per the originals were done or make it a tad bit thicker so it can handle extra weight.

Yeah. I got my hyperfirm not to long ago. I love it. I had a real Sterling once. My arms were wasted by the end of the day.

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of more:

Correct AB plate button color. they were not black, they were Humbrel(sp?) grey and dark blue

White webbing from belt to drop boxes

Holster mounted under the belt not around. the belts were not fed through loops on the holster

Boozel

Hey Paul! I saw that on Jim's site, VERY NICE!! I never noticed it before about the holster, that DOES look better than having the two black loops mucking up the nice clean white lines of the belt!!

We're not worthy!! We're not worthy!!! worship.giftrooper.gif

• 1 month later...
That's some seriously beautiful craftsmanship! To me that would qualify as a quality fan-made blaster. :)

For the belt, here is a post from TE on another board:

I wonder what the opinion is on the bone white elastic belts (looks like canvas from 3 feet out) that some armor markers include with their kits?

I'm usually a sticker for being as close to dead on as possible, but if you sinch a canvas belt up tight, so that it actually holds the ab to the butt plate, wouldn't that make some things hard, like leaning over?

Actually it is canvas. I don't think it would make a difference in terms of flexibility. If anything, it would be more rather than less compared to using the plastic that comes with most kits.

The belt in the end is really cosmetic IMHO - your suit should fit the way you want with or w/o it.