left handed BAH!

Anomaly

before i get roasted if its been talked about....i did search...

now, as im about to begin assembling my e11 kit, i notice that nearly all holsters are lefty, and e11s all appear that way too.

but as im sure many rightys will attest, holding a weapon left handed feels about as goofy as tryin to throw a football left handed.

question is, would a right handed blaster be acceptable? (ie, clip on right of barrel, counter would likely stay left side)

i think you would have to talk to your GML about that. but honestly im a righty and i have held my blaster so much that now it is weird holding it right handed. it feels goofy at first but it just feels normal after a while.

I've done the same and I am right handed as well, but hold my blaster in my left hand when wearing my ANH rig. I hold it in my right hand when I wear my ESB rig.

I just carry mine right handed, and only make the switch from right to left when drawing/holstering my weapon. I just can't make the transition to holding it like a southpaw... ;)

The reason they used left-handed holsters in the movie (ANH), is of course due to the magazine. My guess is that it was painful having the magazine bumping into their thighs...

Most of the stormies shoot with their right hand though, so I don't think it matters if you have it on the left side... The holster is there to give your arms some rest, not to be able to quick draw a blaster carbine... ;)

And if you recall the scene in ANH where Luke and Han (disguised as stormtroopers of course) first step off the elevator into the detention block, Luke draws his holstered E-11 with his left hand and immediately switches it to his right.

Most of the stormies shoot with their right hand though, so I don't think it matters if you have it on the left side... The holster is there to give your arms some rest, not to be able to quick draw a blaster carbine... ;)

I dunno about the rest of you guys, but there's just no such thing as a quick-draw with my holster.

It's a ridiculous, illusion-shattering moment, every time...

"Umm... if you could just hold on, I'd be happy to vaporize you... I'll be with you in a moment... just hold still, sir.... red, firey death awaits, I promise... just a jiff..."

Never fails to make me feel like a bozo. :D

I dunno about the gest of you guys, but there's just no such thing as a quick-draw with my holster.

"Umm... if you could just hold on, I'd be happy to vaporize you... I'll be with you in a moment... just hold still, sir.... red, firey death awaits, I promise... just a jiff..."

To paraphrase a great quote I've read here on FISD:

"The only time your E11 should be holstered is when you're wielding a BFG"

I dunno about the gest of you guys, but there's just no such thing as a quick-draw with my holster.

I feel your pain! Nothing like having to do a two-handed draw to ruin the moment. Of course, usually I don't have the holster occupied, unless it's just to give a little bit of a break. Or if I'm carrying a BFG... which is getting more use w/ my TS (I know it's not cannon, it's just until I can get ahold of another E-11 that's ESB accurate) than my TK. Strange...

the whole problem is due to the fact that they used a real sub machine gun as a starter point and it was never intended(the real sterling gun) to be in a holster but carried from a sling, pistols can be right or left handed because the mag loads from the bottom, or like the mauser pistol that han solo carried which feeds ammo from the top off stripper clips because the mag is a permanant part of the gun

• 2 weeks later...
And if you recall the scene in ANH where Luke and Han (disguised as stormtroopers of course) first step off the elevator into the detention block, Luke draws his holstered E-11 with his left hand and immediately switches it to his right.

That is odd, I was always under the impression that Mark Hamill was left handed. The only evidence I have of this is the movie "Corvette Summer". In it, in one scene, he is writing a letter to his teacher and he is definatly writing with his left hand. Anyone know the truth?

By the way- I am a proud lefty myself.

• 6 months later...

While I understand that the E-11, due to the magazine, has to be holstered on the left side it gets confusing for a RoTJ stormtrooper. Their holsters are worn on the right side.

It seems that they have to hold their E-11 at all times and the holster is mere decoration. Or they move their holster to the right side and carry the blaster backwards. That just seems awkward.

That is odd, I was always under the impression that Mark Hamill was left handed. The only evidence I have of this is the movie "Corvette Summer". In it, in one scene, he is writing a letter to his teacher and he is definatly writing with his left hand. Anyone know the truth?

By the way- I am a proud lefty myself.

Yep, a quick google search confirms he's a lefty. B)

I can't really see the problem. Just draw it with your left and switch to your right.

I've got no problem switching to the right hand if you're an ANH stormtrooper. But what does a RoTJ trooper do when their holster is supposed to be worn on the right hand side of their body?

As somebody said, when they used real Sterling as base for E-11. Logicaly they put it in holster on left, because ammo magazine, hengstler etc. They didn´t think about rebuild this weapon mirrored for right side holster. Too much work and money and almost no one will notice that.

After years we can think, that Left handed stormtroopers are superior.

For EIB ANH you need it wear on left, even if you are right handed. I don´t think they will change standard, because you are right handed or you make mirrored E-11 that can be worn on right.

Funny is ROTJ in scene in front of Endor Bunker, many of them don´t wear holsters :))

I've got no problem switching to the right hand if you're an ANH stormtrooper. But what does a RoTJ trooper do when their holster is supposed to be worn on the right hand side of their body?

If RoTJ has to have the holster on the right, and blasters only have the mag on the left... I would simply just hold the blaster and never holster it.

Aren´t the vast majority of stormtroopers ambidextrous just like Jango? supposedly the can wield the weapon with the same efficiency with both hands.

when The Emperor changed the genetic plates for his own cloning productions the ambidexterity might have gone down the drain, but still quite a few might have the original Jango traits.

it seems the holster side is the choosing preference of the Soldier using it, although we know in ANH is all lefties and RotJ are all righties (is that a real word?)

If the RoTJ stormtroopers are all using the standard E-11 then I guess the holster is mere decoration. That or it's a left-handed holster worn on the right side for an incredibly awkward cross-draw.

Either way, it seems easier to just carry the blaster all the time.