TK-1287 ESB Build[*AP]

The frown, ears, and vocoder have been painted. All that I need to do to the helmet now are to paint the stripes on the ears, install the lenses, and install the frown mesh. After this comes pics of the armour :) The armour is about 90% trimmed, I just need to first start learning to work with this modeling iron!!

CIMG1585.jpg

CIMG1586.jpg

CIMG1587.jpg

My canvas belt has arrived. Only problem is that it is white, not the off-white which I requested. No problem though, I can fix this through weathering :)

CIMG1597.jpg

Here is my armour at the moment, everything is trimmed except for the upper back (in the mail), the drop boxes, and the side caps to the bomb. I have begun assembling the arms too.

CIMG1596.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Paul :)

They are not only more screen accurate, they are also more comfortable!! I will never recommend CA boots to anyone after wearing some real Jodphurs, only downfall is they took 6 weeks to get to my house after they were shipped.

Thanks Paul :)

They are not only more screen accurate, they are also more comfortable!! I will never recommend CA boots to anyone after wearing some real Jodphurs, only downfall is they took 6 weeks to get to my house after they were shipped.

Can you post one of those fancy Youtube tutorials when you dye them, Andy (a la the electrical tape armor trimming ones we've come to know and love)? :D

My jodhpurs should be here next week and -- if not a video tutorial -- at least a step-by-step would be cool.

-Chris

Just wanted to give shout out on the build. It's great to see this come together piece by piece and now that we're done with the appetizers, can't wait to see the first course :)

Can you post one of those fancy Youtube tutorials when you dye them, Andy (a la the electrical tape armor trimming ones we've come to know and love)? :D

My jodhpurs should be here next week and -- if not a video tutorial -- at least a step-by-step would be cool.

-Chris

That was the plan!! Need to buy a ton of acetone, cotton balls, and head over to Tandy for some leather dye :)

Arms and legs are all assembled!! They've been like this for about 2 weeks, I've just haven't taken pictures yet, haha.

CIMG1614.jpg

CIMG1622.jpg

That was the plan!! Need to buy a ton of acetone, cotton balls, and head over to Tandy for some leather dye :)

Arms and legs are all assembled!! They've been like this for about 2 weeks, I've just haven't taken pictures yet, haha.

CIMG1614.jpg

CIMG1622.jpg

AP kits is so sweet.... nice job buddy cant wait 2 c the whole armor :)

• 2 months later...

Haven't posted in a while but here we go, haha. Need to get this thing done for next weekend at LegoLand in Carlsbad, CA.

Abdomen buttons cut out.

CIMG1795.jpg

E-6000'd on.

CIMG1799.jpg

Painted.

CIMG1802.jpg

Strips cut and E-6000'd on.

CIMG1806.jpg

CIMG1814.jpg

CIMG1815.jpg

CIMG1821.jpg

Belt Assembled.

CIMG1827.jpg

Elastic double sided to connect drop boxes.

CIMG1828.jpg

Me being cool.

CIMG1832.jpg

CIMG1831.jpg

Black & White boots

CIMG1822.jpg

Black Elastic

CIMG1823.jpg

Elastic coloured with Leather Paint (can be removed with acetone if needed)

CIMG1825.jpg

Boot with Leg armour

CIMG1826.jpg

• 2 months later...