ROTJ helmet decal interest list!

TK-4510

MORE PICS :) These pics have been color corrected, BUT the helmets are not really this white guys... I wanted to post these for clarity and assembly reference. The helmets are really yellowed after all these years.

100_9622.jpg

100_9623.jpg

100_9624.jpg

100_9625.jpg

100_9626.jpg

100_9627.jpg

100_9628.jpg

100_9629.jpg

100_9630.jpg

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone happen to notice the material used in the frown area? It appears to be the same green or black plastic material that was used for the lenses as well. pretty cool

Great work man, wonderful photos as well! This will make a great addition to Starwarshelmets.com

Edited by synaptyx
No need to quote large image posts.

I have never seen any material in the frown on any other helmets. Could this be on the stand it is on?

Also looks like the frowns were masked off and painted, not that well, as there is leakage!

Great pics Mike. We now have enough infor to do a super accurate replica.

Joe

Anyone happen to notice the material used in the frown area? It appears to be the same green or black plastic material that was used for the lenses as well. pretty cool

Great work man, wonderful photos as well! This will make a great addition to Starwarshelmets.com

I was looking at bucket pics to decide how to cut out the frown holes on my ATA and I spotted something on Jez's DaveM photo from Star Wars Helmets:

DaveMANH_eye-and-frown-gel.jpg

Check that out! Looks like they did the same in ANH. :D

Jez, hope you don't mind me using the pic.

Synaptyx, I think it's the green acetate material used for the lens which overtakes behind the teeth holes.

anhori10.jpg

Thanks for all these pictures Mike!

It seems the decals were printed on black material which seems to be textured and thick (exactly like ESB decals) But it's an impression.

Can you confirm that the lenses are green on this helmet please?

Joe, didn't you have the possibility of scanning original decals?

I know it is, that's why I posted the pic. :lol: I mean, if it was just meant for the eyes, they didn't really need to put that much in there. From a costuming perspective, it gives the option of mesh, or acetate gel in the frown.

Ow, ok ;)

For this ROTJ helmet, I agree with Joe! I think this material was put for the display.

Same here, 100% agree. BTW Thanks so much for the wonderfull pics Mike. I trully I appreciate your generosity sharing this with the comunity :salute:

Cheers

A

That's cool, guys, I know that there are plenty of screen grabs that we can just see pink through the teeth e.g. Mr. Toothless! :lol: I wonder if there are any clear closeup HD grabs of ROTJ trooper buckets. :)

Mike

I think vinyl mate, I just don't think coated paper of any sort would age like this.

it would bound to lift and fray with moisture no matter how well it had been kept.

Boy, I wish I could have seen these Bad Boys up close B)

Fantastic work mate, well done :)

I am STILL waiting on a helmet to fit them to. Matt promised me one several months ago. He says its on its way buuuuuuuuuuuuuut I still havent seen one. I have some templates that were traced off another persons helmet, but I really cant take any chances and would rather wait. I need a damn helmet. Until I get one we are dead in the water. I cant make decals without fitting them to something. Sorry guys...

I am STILL waiting on a helmet to fit them to. Matt promised me one several months ago. He says its on its way buuuuuuuuuuuuuut I still havent seen one. I have some templates that were traced off another persons helmet, but I really cant take any chances and would rather wait. I need a damn helmet. Until I get one we are dead in the water. I cant make decals without fitting them to something. Sorry guys...

Thanks for the update Mike. I hope you get yours soon.

A

I am STILL waiting on a helmet to fit them to. Matt promised me one several months ago. He says its on its way buuuuuuuuuuuuuut I still havent seen one.

I contacted Matt yesterday. He told me that he sent the bucket. ;)

T :salute: