ROTJ helmet decal interest list!

TK-4510

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here are the colors I have so far. The common ad gray is for the ears which as usual will need to be painted. I wanted to show the contrast between the ears and the trap/tear colors. Which one do you guys like? I am leaning toward the PMS 7545

Ā 

List update:

1. Stormtroopers ar...

2. Billy Hag

3. Billy Hag

4.Ghost

5.Thaynerd

6.JSmails

7.firebladejedi

8.firebladejedi

9.TKCaleb

10.FON

11.FON

12.FON

13.FON

14.TK8280

15.HPDBlues

16.HPDBlues

17.Dark Shadow RPF

18.Slasher X RPF

19.Slasher X RPF

20. TK-J

21.JoeR

22.AJCG

23.JoeR

24.JoeR

25.JoeR

Ā 

When the final design is ready I will need payments from everyone on the list to pay the printer and die cutting. These are going to be professionally printed and will be the highest quality you can get. Just like the ESB decal quality if you have seen them. I am also requesting a dull varnish for these so they will match the actual decals.

Sure Joe, thanks!. OK I have my 25. We are now locked and loaded. I will post pics of the final design and color. After I do that I will get my final price from the printer and I will need your contributions so we can get er' done. Thanks everyone. These are going to be sweet!

Here are the colors I have so far. The common ad gray is for the ears which as usual will need to be painted. I wanted to show the contrast between the ears and the trap/tear colors. Which one do you guys like? I am leaning toward the PMS 7545

Ā 

Mike

Here ya go mate B)

Ā 

PIHOriginalTrooperBucketOTB1c.jpg

Ā 

PIHOriginalTrooperBucketOTB2c.jpg

Ā 

PIHOriginalTrooperBucketOriginalTro.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I'm also edging towards PMS 7545 :duim:

Ā 

Can't wait to see these Bad Boys surface mate :)

Where is that helmet located?!!! :)

Ā 

Thanks for the post Billy!

Ā 

Mike

The helmet is in your home state of California awaiting auction by Profiles In History over next

couple of months.

jlong- Jon Long on the RFP had the wonderful opportunity to handle this beautiful piece and kindly

shared the photos of the event B) .

I've dropped him a mail asking if it would be OK for me to post the rest of his pictures on here

so hopefully we'll all have a chance to see more shots of this fantastic original helmet.

Ā 

:)

5415 and 7545 looks good.

Ā 

But it's really hard to know! If you watch the movie, you will see a color which will be very different from each pictures of original helmets.

Ā 

From all the photos that I have, it's never the same color! Some helmets seems to have grey decals, other have a darker blue, other have a kind of grey blue....

Ā 

It's really a pain to know what is the correct color if you don't have an original helmet on hand.

If only I would have known sooner I would have made the 2.5 hour drive with PMS book in hand. The color would have been without a doubt the most accurate yet. I have placed a call in the hopes of getting a chance to see it if its still there. My hopes are not too high though as there is nothing on their website at all :(

If only I would have known sooner I would have made the 2.5 hour drive with PMS book in hand. The color would have been without a doubt the most accurate yet. I have placed a call in the hopes of getting a chance to see it if its still there. My hopes are not too high though as there is nothing on their website at all :(

Ā 

Ā 

The thing is if we know the Humbrol shade that is the ear color, can we not deduce the decal color from that?

Ā 

Hey T been married for a year, almost! LOL

Ā 

Joe

I got a PM back from John and he said "Go FOR IT!, I hope they like them" B)

Ā 

RealTroop4.jpg

Ā 

RealTroop5.jpg

Ā 

RealTroop6.jpg

Ā 

RealTroop7.jpg

Ā 

RealTroop8.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Mike it hasn't been sold yet and it will appear in their next auction :)

Ā 

Looks like you might get to have that 2 1/2 hour drive after all :D