Warning about commercially available Stormtrooper Armor

NOTE: Star Wars costumes that are commercially available (e.g. Rubies) is NOT ACCEPTABLE for membership without replacement of some parts and other modifications! It is recommended that you contact your GML or the LMO before purchasing a retail costume.

Also be aware that this site - http://www.stormtrooper-costumes.com/home.html - is not considered commercially available. It is run by a person selling recast parts, and at a healthy premium over what you can buy direct from vetted sources. You've been warned...

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

NOTE: Star Wars costumes that are commercially available (e.g. Rubies) is NOT ACCEPTABLE for membership without replacement of some parts and other modifications! It is recommended that you contact your GML or the LMO before purchasing a retail costume.

Also be aware that this site - http://www.stormtrooper-costumes.com/home.html - is not considered commercially available. It is run by a person selling recast parts, and at a healthy premium over what you can buy direct from vetted sources. You've been warned...

Hello there! I am new to the site and I'm from Costa Rica :lol:

I bought a Rubies armor some days ago. Which parts do I need to replace and which ones to modify?

Thanks guys! :)

• 8 months later...

Man, we just had a local Marine contact us. He bought a full TK from stormtrooper-costumes. Almost $1800 shipped. We have not seen it yet, he is taking photos this week. I REALLY wish he had asked us before buying!

Man, we just had a local Marine contact us. He bought a full TK from stormtrooper-costumes. Almost $1800 shipped. We have not seen it yet, he is taking photos this week. I REALLY wish he had asked us before buying!

You're in for a shock. It's a really terrible armour. :/

Julie, We have a guy with the same problem over at the UKG. The trouble is these people are giving the illusion that their armour is 501st approved and as Mathias has said - its awful!!

Does anyone have any photos of it? Can we work it to get it approved, or just give up and start over? Me, Wet Okole, and TK Medical are meeting him next week to check out the gear. Thanks FISD crew! We'll get this trooper straight!

Here's one "out of the box" I believe. Note that it looks even worse up close. Thankfully in this case the armour was sent back and refunded. The money was then used much more wisely.

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Sadly our garrison forum moved hosting some time ago and the pics I had in mind originally were gone. Those were of a member who did get approved with that costume, but he put a lot of extra work into it, and it was still on the low end.

FISD to the rescue again! He got it Monday! The return policy is within 7 days of receipt, so he is good!

Returns - It is important to www.Stormtrooper-Costumes.com - The Stormtrooper Shop that you are 100% satisfied with your order. If you have any problems with your order, please contact us by email or phone, within 7 days of receipt of your order.

The purchased item must be returned in its original condition, once received we will offer you a replacement or full refund without delay.

http://www.stormtrooper-costumes.com/terms_of_use.html

Already told him to get on the ATA wait list!

No response from stormtrooper costumes on his return request, so he is initiating a chargeback on his card. Despite being a newbie, even this guy could tell the stuff was not quality. I stil have not seen it, but hope to check it out for my learning before it goes back.

My suit is that very same(rookie mistake).

If you people want, i can post pictures of it out of the box, and after my mods that got it 501st approved?

Or check this link. Its my thread on the NG boards.

http://www.nordicgarrison.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=4681

Just upload them somewhere else, like on imageshack.us or photobucket. You may need to create an account on the site, but that'll serve you good in the future. :)

Stupid me, just need to resize the pictures :0Lighten:

Here goes.

Out of the box.

post-15027-0-65012000-1325229631_thumb.jpg

post-15027-0-63970200-1325229615_thumb.jpg

post-15027-0-85251600-1325229654_thumb.jpg

post-15027-0-60328600-1325229667_thumb.jpg

Everything was velcroed together, so i removed it all, except for the back of the shins, and glued all the part, and attached snap plates and straps. Also got TK boots instead of the Elvis supplied boots.

post-15027-0-34543500-1325229953_thumb.jpg

post-15027-0-97896900-1325229854_thumb.jpg

post-15027-0-66054000-1325229976_thumb.jpg

post-15027-0-34992700-1325229991_thumb.jpg

So it can be approved if you do some work and buy new boots, but for the price of this kit, its better to buy a proper kit. You have almost the same work anyway, except a bit of trimming.

I have learned my lesson, and i will get a shiny new TM kit around the start of Febuary :D

Oh and just for the fun of it, then here is the first time i saw my armour. It got shipped to my parents while i was i Afghanistan, and this is my father trying it on :D

post-15027-0-99544900-1325230302_thumb.jpg

• Like 1