modded rubies supream tk armor

I agree with Smitty, I think that the armor with the mods shown in those pics meets 501st standards. Elite Status definitely not but with a few tweaks here and there I think it is possible.

I believe it is acceptable with these mods for base 501st acceptance. Yes, there is much the person can do to get it more accurate and really go down the path for Elite, but these are *not* 501st requirements.

Ā 

I would strongly prefer the frown to be painted in true ROTJ style but this will be dependent on the CRL (the drafts required it, later versions from Mark F. did not).

Ā 

The right thigh ammo belt could be secured better, but not a biggie per se. As Terrell pointed out the chest should ride a little higher and the back a little lower but these are adjustment issues just like the thigh ammo belt.

Ā 

The boots funny enough are the most glaring no-go and would be the only reason for rejection IMHO.

Ā 

So...in summary just a few adjustment issues but otherwise good to go given the current 501st standards. Like I said I'd prefer the ROTJ frown, but am not sure it's grounds for rejection.

Ā 

Overall - the person did a fantastic job with the suit and I think after a little more adjustment and a new set of boots, I'd sign off on it. Thumbs up and congrats to the suit owner. :)

I've had my pop at the Rubies suit in the past, but that's pretty impressive work! I know it's expensive, but at least it should be readily available to the Stateside guys AND it's LICENCED! :lol:

Ā 

I wonder what it would take to get that ROTJ ELITE look.

Well... pardon if I do the harsh-guy here but...

Ā 

I think that Rubies shouldn't be 501st approved, but maybe that's too much for someone.

Ā 

But what I certainly hope not to see is a Rubies pass as elite ROTJ.

Ā 

Come on guys, ELITE! The best of the best!!! The Olympus of Stormtroopers!!!

You can pimp the hell out of an old Ford or Toyota to make it look like a Ferrari, but you won't allow it in a Ferrari club.

Ā 

And for the same price tag or even more...

Ā 

Hell, I'll reject for elite even FX armor and MR CE, but that's me, I believe in high standards.

Ā 

I understand that someone who already bought it does his best to make it better and justify his purchase, but not Elite, please.

Well... pardon if I do the harsh-guy here but...

Ā 

I think that Rubies shouldn't be 501st approved, but maybe that's too much for someone.

Ā 

But what I certainly hope not to see is a Rubies pass as elite ROTJ.

Ā 

Come on guys, ELITE! The best of the best!!! The Olympus of Stormtroopers!!!

You can pimp the hell out of an old Ford or Toyota to make it look like a Ferrari, but you won't allow it in a Ferrari club.

Ā 

And for the same price tag or even more...

Ā 

Hell, I'll reject for elite even FX armor and MR CE, but that's me, I believe in high standards.

Ā 

I understand that someone who already bought it does his best to make it better and justify his purchase, but not Elite, please.

Ā 

Considering this is a forum based on making fake "ferraris" that's a really bad comparison.

We recruited Tom over to our local 501st Garrison for some personal help...

Ā 

He's a cool dude and came to a recent "armor party" where we were pulling Tie Helmets from Chris' original molds (waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cooooool!!!!)

Ā 

I had my FX suit, it's all beat up and ghetto at this point but we used it to snap comparrison pics with Tom's Rubies suit. Check 'em out (FX on left / Rubies on right. The helmets included and FX, MRCE & Rubies)...

Ā 

<a href="http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff150/L...orParty2012009/" target="_blank">http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff150/L...orParty2012009/</a>

Ā 

*EDIT = Aaron fixed the link, see post #41 on top of page three if you wanna see the pics... :P

Really nice work Tuskentrooper.

Ā 

I agree with others that the chest/back needs lifting a little and also see if you can pull the Ab section up a little but thats more to do with the wearing than anything else.

Ā 

Your pics are great but I'd like to see shots of it outside, without flash and in "combat pose" - I thik that would convince any remaining skeptics. The MR CE makes a huge difference.

Ā 

Accuracy-wise its a significant improvement over the standard FX armor so I'd would be a very odd decision for anyone to say it shouldnt be 501st approved - unless theyre looking to phase out the FX armor that is :D

Ā 

Cheers

Ā 

Jez

The Rubies Costume looks cheap and ugly.

The material looks cheap.

The parts looks cheap in detail and in form.

Simply inaccurate. :(:duimomlaag:

Ā 

The helmet is not a RotJ helmet.

The MR CE helmet is maybe, with two eyes closed, a AnH Stunt helmet.

Ā 

The left buttonplate needs to be turn on 180 Ā°

Ā 

Original RotJ Amor:

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/stormexibit0.jpg

@tuskentrooper:Good update...but I think the whitematch is not good.Right?I think you need to paint the complete suit,because the ROTJ helmet and armor are the same white.

Ā 

I think you'd need some outside pictures to determine that. There's some elites out there who depending on the lighting in their photos have horrible white matches as well but outside look seamless.

I think you'd need some outside pictures to determine that. There's some elites out there who depending on the lighting in their photos have horrible white matches as well but outside look seamless.

Absolutely! Most TK's with an MRCE have the double white pattern, so we can't gig this effort for that unless you want to gig every other MRCE wearer.

Ā 

Consistency guys!

Ā 

Tusken - congrats on the build - I'd troop with this guy.

Ā 

:salute:

Dean -- all things considered, I think your buddy has done an amazing job, and should be proud of taking the Rubies as far as he has.

It's obvious he's put a lot of care and effort into it, and that's what counts for me. Just my $.02.

Ā 

The Rubies is definitely not my cup of tea, but far be it from me to knock someone for really going the extra mile to make it work.

I am doing the exact same thing, though trying to get a little closer to ROTJ elite.

Ā 

I am coupling my Rubies with my MRCE that I ROTJ'd:

Ā 

http://whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=6033

Ā 

I'll post a build thread with pics in ROTJ tomorrow.

Ā 

Same boots though. :D

JSmails said:
I am doing the exact same thing, though trying to get a little closer to ROTJ elite.

Ā 

I am coupling my Rubies with my MRCE that I ROTJ'd:

Ā 

http://whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=6033

Ā 

I'll post a build thread with pics in ROTJ tomorrow.

Ā 

Same boots though. :D

Ā 

Looking forward to it. It's pretty neat to see what can be done with this kit. Would be totally cool to see it get ROTJ Elite, but even if you don't it's all good and it should look sweet. :)

Thanks for the feedback. I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised at the overwhelming positive support for this Rubies conversion. This is an applicant in a fledgling 501st Outpost that really needs growth, but I didn't want to approve a costume "just because" they needed another member. Sounds like the efforts put into modifying this suit are respected by FISD so I'm going to pursue, with the LMO's approval, getting this member accepted with the caveat that he replace the boots, raise the chest and "tighten up" the calves and forearms a bit more within the next year. I think that sounds like a fair compromise to improving the quality of the suit as far as "Legion standards" and also being inclusive enough to allow the 501st to grow in this region of the world. Thank you all so much for the valuable feedback. Troop on! :)

Sounds like the efforts put into modifying this suit are respected by FISD

Ā 

Yup, that's the crux of it. It's all in the build - a well done FX will always look better than a poorly built TM. Now we know a Rubies with enough attention to detail - plus a helmet swap - can be made to look 501st acceptable.

Ā 

What we should do is catalog the list of changes required and codify it. This is what was done by the UKG with regards to the MRCE helmet and as we've seen was rapidly adopted by MEPD & FISD, and then Legion wide. It's due to that discrete list of codified changes that IMHO allowed the MRCE to become so amazingly popular.

Ā 

So, are we saying that the required changes would be:

1. Replace the helmet with a 501st approved option

2. Replace the oversized bodysuit with one that is 501st acceptable.

3. Large gaps on side of armour to be corrected (if present)

4. A 501st acceptable holster needs to be acquired and mounted.

5. Armor has to be properly trimmed/shimmed/adjusted to the wearer, just like all other armor makes. *

Ā 

* This is required of all applicants, regardless of armor make

Paul, if I may, since it is practially ROTJ armor with a flipped button pattern; Saying side gaps are permissable since we accept side gaps on ROTJ Elite.

Ā 

Unless we are talking like the kinda gaps you'd find on a Peter Griffin TK

Paul, if I may, since it is practially ROTJ armor with a flipped button pattern; Saying side gaps are permissable since we accept side gaps on ROTJ Elite.

Ā 

Unless we are talking like the kinda gaps you'd find on a Peter Griffin TK

Ā 

Good catch - yes side gaps are permissible for all TK variants on 501st standards.