Never before seen ANH Stormtrooper photos

I don't think Brian Muir (original armor sculptor) is a member here and if he minds me reposting this I will take it down, but I'm sure he'd want some of his biggest fans enjoying these...

Thanks Brian!

K8GaTMw.jpg

qR6r4tm.jpg

dp92NT9.jpg

ZRx5Qj9.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Wow... very interesting indeed. :)

Looks like it's taken from video footage? Care to share? ;)

Looks like this was at the Sandtrooper stage, before GL reportedly ordered the extra lil' bits 'n' pieces like he sniper knee plate abdominal button details etc.

Oh, and funky looking handguards too! LOL

Cheers,

John

atleast not around his waist. look at the leg where the ammo boxes usually are ;)

:D Jason

That's the first thing that I thought..."Why as he got the belt around his knee" :D

It's weird but things look odd, as John said the hand plates, the biseps look like two tubes

calves / shins look strage without the trim. The thighs look real, look at the tops

only TM does thighs that good other than the originals.

If its a fake then its a bloody good one :)

.....And if its real...... Kirk, PLEEEEEESE show some more pictures :)

seeing as the source is Brian Muir B) I'd highly suspect it's authentic ;)

Steve

Yerrp, you're 100% right (as bloody always :D ), the pictures came from Brian,

I just spotted his post over on the PD.

Fantastic photos from a briiliant guy and he even joked about AA maybe replicating

the orignal Stormtrooper weapon, .........the 2x4 :D

Thanks for sharing! It's hard to make time to get over to The Prop Den, so great to see them here. Yeah, it's interesting to see an early unfinished version of the suit. Very glossy. Missing the classic sniper plate too, but you can see how they would want to make changes like that.

Very cool of Mr. Muir to share.

Cool pics! Thanks for sharing.

I think the TKs lose some of their "Fear factor" when they only have a 2x2 as an offensive weapon, But now that we have pics, its canon, right? I hope Hyperfirm comes out with a rubber 2x2! Ive got my finger on the Paypal button!

:P

Disclaimer: This joke was in no way, shape or form meant as a knock against Hyperfirm or their partners. I have two Hyperfirm weapons and couldnt be happier with them. Again, this was only a joke. ;)

All thanks goes to Brian for sharing these great photos, maybe the video will be included in the Blu-ray release...ok, ok, I'm dreaming.

Notice the back cap on this helmet that Brian said shows that it was pulled by someone else other than AA (Maybe the Elstree guys). Quite the indentation into the bell on the back, rather than the smooth ski jump transition we are all used to with the screen versions. Hard to see the traps in back as well, I can sort of see the front unpainted traps...

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Wow, these pictures are just breathtaking! I just love behind the scenes material from ANH, and behind the scenes pictures OF the actual stormtrooper is like..wow, it's like the holy grail to me!

Thanks so much for sharing! I hope he has the video as well :P

The thighs look real, look at the tops only TM does thighs that good other than the originals.

Actually, I own a set of the latest German MFX suit that I bought in 2006, the thighs are also replicated after the ANH armor, and they're just like those

on these pictures. They reach up pretty high.. It makes it extremely hard to walk, especially up stairs, and it's simply impossible to sit no matter how hard I try.

..... imagen all the stuff out there sitting in boxes in some storage facility .... probably beside or on top of the Ark of the Covent :)