Help wanted - need height of central frown tooth from screen-based helmets

Hope this doesn't count as a double post as I'd asked something far more involved in the general discussion section.

I'd like to know the height of the central tooth in the frown of any of the TE, TE2, AP, etc screen-based helmets. I want to do some more extensive mods to the MRCE frown than normal and want to get an idea of how big the difference is. Difficult to see in photos as they're always from mildly different angles.

I'd be looking for the full height of the tooth as on an unpainted helmet (not just the grey-painted band as it often has white at the top and bottom of the tooth), ideally in millimetres but whatever suits you.

If anyone has one of these helmets and is feeling dedicated, there are five measurements marked on this photo that would give me confidence to proceed:

gallery_3673_176_31871.jpg

It's the measurements marked 1 - 5 down the middle: height and width of the central tooth and some distances on the faceplate to allow me to work out rough proportions. All the other tooth measurements aren't necessary for me unless you're very bored :o

Cheers,

Guy

Guy

Not sure how much this is going to help you but here's the measurements of a TE B)

TEMeasurments.jpg

helmet1.jpg

Man, I just love those asymmetrical features of a screen accurate helmet, nothing matches

and its BRILLIANT :D

Good luck with the project mate

Wow, Billhag, that's awesome and all laid out on the photo - a true work of art. I was hoping for maybe a typed list 1 - 5 and matching measurements at best.

Big thankyou!

I have to confess I'm not going to be trying for millimetric accuracy on all the asymmetric teeth, not sure how that would sit on the perfect proportions of the MRCE. Ideally I'd have one of these screen helmets sitting next to the MRCE to work this from but your measurement list is next best thing. I'm going to try and translate the full size of the frown on to the MRCE but balanced out to fit the symmetry. Having all these tooth measurements will help me to see how the line of the frown works as it's all so subtle I find it impossible to tell in 2-D photos. I've tried gridding a few photos and matching camera angles on this MRCE but can't get close enough to match the subtlety of the top edge of the frown. It looks dead straight from some side angles and deeply curved from others as it tracks across such a complex series of curves on the face surface. If the MRCE was hideously far out then it wouldn't be so much of a problem but it's a great helmet and so close that making changes could really mess things up.

I suspect there's a very good chance I'll trash the helmet completely but at least if it does work I should have a good collection of my very own "asymmetrical features" that you enjoy, however hard I go for the idealised look. Unfortunately, now you've provided all the info I no longer have an excuse not to go ahead with this. :P

Anyway, I do really appreciate the time you've obviously spent on this for me.

Did I mention thanks?

Guy