Purchasable armor

Hi there, what do the troops of FISD think of this?

SDS ------------

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this so sorry if its a violation of sorts. I know it is very pricey but that's not really a problem for me.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

No, it's just funny. SDS was sued by LFL for copyright infringement and lost. If you want a pre-built suit you can simply wait for one to go up for sale, or else buy a kit and pay someone to do the assembly.

Here's one now...

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

It is nice glossy armor, but you can get more accurate for half the price. While the bells are dead on, the handplates don't look like ANH. I owned a set but ended up selling it for much needed money. It really is more of a display piece. It has the distinquishing aspect of being sold by the vac puller (not the sculptor) of the original armor and that's really what you are paying the high price for, that and a good assembly/strapping system. Too expensive to troop in as well and easily breakable in certain locations. I am 5'11" 178 lbs and I cracked a thigh the first time out, but got it replaced for free at the time.

Are you looking for assembled armor only? It's better to assemble and trim your armor to your own build for the best fit.

I owned a set not long after he starting producing them... way before all the LFL stuff began. Even popped up to SDS and got a personal measuring session, so it would fit spot on.

Certainly is nice armour, but as mentioned above, does break easily. I fellow UKG member went through 2 or 3 chest plates. AA replaced them straight away, so you can't say the service lacked, which is a good thing.

He won't ship to the US now, so no point asking IMHO... and it is pricey for what it is. Luckily got mine way back before the price rocketed.

Sold it a fair while ago now... purely due to funds.

IMHO, it was nice to have a set made by the guy that made the originals... shame he lied about the origins of the armour he is selling now though.

I'm not so worried about fit as I seem to be about the same size as the original model for the stormtrooper armor.

I would love to get unassembled armor, but I'm not much one for winning bids on Ebay, that's why I am trying to just buy armor.

I asked and no he will not ship to US so...I guess if someone elsewhere in the world has lots of money...

I'm not so worried about fit as I seem to be about the same size as the original model for the stormtrooper armor.

I would love to get unassembled armor, but I'm not much one for winning bids on Ebay, that's why I am trying to just buy armor.

I asked and no he will not ship to US so...I guess if someone elsewhere in the world has lots of money...

Then why not get a more accurate kit and pay someone to build it? I'd still be cheaper.

I'd be reluctant to buy internationally from a "shop" the import bill I got from customs & excise was a whopper royal <_<

If your adamant about getting SDS? do you have family or friends overseas? who could help out?

• 2 weeks later...

yea i heard it looks good but its expensive and breaks real easy. if i were you i would get something much more durable. and i would even say build it yourself. you could get someone to trim it for you. but building it is sooooo much fun. trust me. and you can make it fit to your body type as well.