Helmet Help

I'm going to swap out my FX bucket for either an MRCE or an AP originally I'd just been thinking MRCE primarily because I don't want to have to paint it. But the AP is also ABS so wouldn't need painted. Which other buckets come in ABS??

How does the AP price compare to the MRCE??

Cheers

Let me see ..

MRCE and AP are both ABS (not 100% sure on CE though) .. so no need to paint.

Price is around 100$ for MRCE .. while AP is around 250$ .. BUT you can have a flawed AP helmet kit for I think, aruond 160$ which, from the people here who got one, isn't even flawed to their eyes .. a few thin spot maybe, but I do have it on mine too anyway (not a flawed kit) and I definitely don't mind anyway.

AP is much better looking then the MR one .. and the price diff is not enough to truly make a diff in the balance. Plus, pretty much all MRCE bucket we see on FX kit are completely off in the color ...

Again, my opinion .. and I'm completely sold to AP too ;)

Go for AP. Loads better looking than the CE. I have the CE, and I'm happy with it, but took loads of work and ended more or less at the same price as an AP.

The only thing that would keep you away from AP is if you have broad shoulders. The AP is a little on the small side. Inthat case you have a great choise in TM in stead.

I don't have his contactinfo, but I'm sure someone here will shoot you a PM soon. Loads of people here who have it.

Bezerkus: That's a Don Post or something? (# 3 from the left). It's not the MRCE at least:)

I'm a little late on this topic but I would go with AP. It looks so much better than the MRCE. You would be much happier with an AP in the long run.

Go with the AP. The MRCE is not an exact color match for ABS armor, so you'll be two toned or have to paint anyway if that's your concern. I'm 6'0" and the AP looks good on me - no worries there.

I've heard some members on here saying TM uses ABS now. I'm not sure if that is true or not maybe someone can chim in and give the correct info.

weekenny said:
Oh any pics??

Thanks

You can see pics of fan made armor and helmets here:

------------

Hope this helps. :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021