Bigger person

TI25674

This looks like the place to post this, but if not feel free to let me know. Im a bigger person (dad bod not tall). Anyone have info on an FOTK? Ive never built one. There is one for sale over on the 501st forums but don't want to pull the trigger unless I know it can be adjusted to fit me without approval issues. Admittedly I don't know much about FOTKs and fitting them to someone outside the "normal" size. 

Thanks ahead!

This looks like the place to post this, but if not feel free to let me know. Im a bigger person (dad bod not tall). Anyone have info on an FOTK? Ive never built one. There is one for sale over on the 501st forums but don't want to pull the trigger unless I know it can be adjusted to fit me without approval issues. Admittedly I don't know much about FOTKs and fitting them to someone outside the "normal" size. 

Thanks ahead!

Honestly, I’m unaware of anyone selling FOTK armor for bigger individuals, Dave’s Darkside Depot does a great job with ANH tk style for us, but FOTK vendors are sparse.

Im only aware of Denuo Novo, KB Props, and Jim Tripon.

Denuo novo is quite thin person style, it can be modded, but it’s not out the box great for our size and doesn’t come with extra plastic beyond what you may trim.

KB props right now is once again in struggles and last I saw was essentially no longer in existence so probably not a reliable source.

Jim’s is sized well, but comes from the phillipines and is a flexible fiberglass version.

Which one is the one you were looking at? You’ll likely need to modify any one you’d get somewhat, so worth seeing how it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FN1313 said:

Honestly, I’m unaware of anyone selling FOTK armor for bigger individuals, Dave’s Darkside Depot does a great job with ANH tk style for us, but FOTK vendors are sparse.

Im only aware of Denuo Novo, KB Props, and Jim Tripon.

Denuo novo is quite thin person style, it can be modded, but it’s not out the box great for our size and doesn’t come with extra plastic beyond what you may trim.

KB props right now is once again in struggles and last I saw was essentially no longer in existence so probably not a reliable source.

Jim’s is sized well, but comes from the phillipines and is a flexible fiberglass version.

Which one is the one you were looking at? You’ll likely need to modify any one you’d get somewhat, so worth seeing how it is.

Thanks for the response. I know KB is out, i got burned on their last run and unable to collect my money (almost 2 yrs ago). Im talking with Walt at WTF on one, hes checking on the size. Im looking at an FOTK or a traditional TK. I know TKs are a little more forgiving in that gut area. I just don't know much about the FOs and how they fit. The more I look at build threads, FOs are less likely for me and TK may be the way to go

Im not affraid to modify, but I just don't want to modify it to the point that it may look ridiculous. 

There are a few that have added shims to the ab and chest/back but I've not seen any other pieces expanded for size

You can find a list of suppliers in the FOBG 

• Like 1

FOTK is doable, but yeah you likely may need to shin some. I had to do so with my legs on my first armor as is.

OTTKs are definitely more forgiving there unless you go for centurion and the gap then needs to be closed, but at that point it’s the same story of shimming abdominal pieces.

As it is, lots of good resources and hopefully you can find something that works even more effectively :)

• 10 months later...
 Thanks for the response. I know KB is out, i got burned on their last run and unable to collect my money (almost 2 yrs ago). Im talking with Walt at WTF on one, hes checking on the size. Im looking at an FOTK or a traditional TK. I know TKs are a little more forgiving in that gut area. I just don't know much about the FOs and how they fit. The more I look at build threads, FOs are less likely for me and TK may be the way to go

Im not affraid to modify, but I just don't want to modify it to the point that it may look ridiculous. 

I have a Walt FOTK. I’m working on and I’m on the dadbod bigger side. I’m still building. I’m like 99% positive I should be able to make it work without to much extra plastic or none at all. The biggest thing is splitting the torso in the middle the. Heating and shaping it to fit around the belly area properly (I should be able to report back in a few weeks) since I’m finishing up from the waist down right now. Shin armor is plenty big, thigh was a bit tight made a little bit of an adjustment there. But again for the torso the back will be covered by the TD and that’s like an extra 8 inches. So once I get it trimmed and glued I’ll see if I need to add any extra (hoping I won’t need to). The issue with the Walt kit is the yoke is 2 parts so like the Denovo kit you’ll need to make it a seamless piece.