TK-21103 Requesting ANH (Stunt) EIB Status [RWA] (1062)

Name: Sean Pringle Kosikowsky

TK 21103 UK Garrison

Forum ID: SeanPK

Please look me over for expert status.

Extra info:

Height: 5' 10"

Weight: 11.1 Stone / 70.31kg / 155lb

Armour: RWA

Blaster: JMC E-11 Kit build

Boots: Imperial Boots

Belt: RWA

Hand Guard: Imperial Warfighters

Holster: RWA

Neck Seal: Imperial Seamstress

20230426_171200.jpg

Edited by Sean PK
  • Like 1

Hi Sean!  First, best of luck on your approval!  :jc_doublethumbup:  You will need quite a few additional photos of your armor as well as your blaster.  I have a thread (link here) that will show what is required.

Looking forward to seeing them!

• Like 1

Overall a really sharp looking job on this armor, Sean!  :jc_doublethumbup:  A couple of things may hold you back, but both are pretty straightforward to correct.

As per the CRL for Basic approval, the paint on the teeth "does not leave the teeth area".  Some (non acetone) paint remover and a toothpick will take care of that.  Should take 10-15 minutes.

Reference images

S0xhqay.jpg     s0rkY6k.jpg

For the TD, the white control panel (raised ribs) must face the rear, and yours is sitting pretty high.  The clips should barely be seen (or not at all).  One way to do this is to remove the TD, roll it back to the ideal position, cut off the ends, re-drill the holes and re-mount it.  Again, 10-15 minutes or so and you will be golden.

Reference image

tY24vOl.jpg      UvwYD6g.jpg

The D.O.s will need photos with your arms raised on the left side, showing the drop-box alignment and canvas belt details.

So2gjDr.jpg        aIdIwdq.jpg

You have a little work in front of you, but after seeing what a great job you did on this build these items should be a breeze!  If you have any questions or need help we are here, so just ask.  Looking forward to seeing the results!

• Like 1

I hope this is looking better.

I have bent the clips on the TD slightly so that it now sits where it should (I think). Will get some kitted up photos at some point.

Anything else need looking at? I should probably say that if it's within my grasp I intend to go for centurion so any advice for that would be excellent.

Sean.9bdcef85429910ecc2715325fb30eb9e.jpg

Sent from my SM-A145R using Tapatalk

• Chemi changed the title to TK-21103 Requesting ANH (Stunt) EIB Status [RWA]

Hi Sean. :salute:

First of all, we need you to include the link  to your approved armor(501st record). You can edit the first post and include it.:duim:

In the meantime, I would like to tell you that your armor looks great!:jc_doublethumbup:.  

Nice job on those teeth. However, while we are working on your application, there are a couple of them that can be fixed a bit. 

dg8uXYw.png

We would also like to ask you a favor. We need a photo like the example below, as the images you have attached do not allow us to see the details clearly;).

K8n369Y.png

-Also a photo of the wrist openings (close-up) like this:

iTET7iQ.jpg?2

Thanks!

• Like 2

On 5/22/2023 at 6:44 AM, Sean PK said:

Anything else need looking at? I should probably say that if it's within my grasp I intend to go for centurion so any advice for that would be excellent.

You have obviously put a great deal of work into this armor and paid attention to details, Sean, and I can definitely see a Centurion badge in your future!  :jc_doublethumbup:

The D.O.s will go over any issues for Level 3 in your review, but if you want to get a jump on it one that will need to be addressed is the position of your ABS belt.  As per the CRL for Centurion level:

• The top of the ABS ammo belt should sit at or just above the bottom of the central and vertical abdomen button panels

It is usually held in place with snaps attached to the ab plate, which can be hard to adjust.  An alternative to moving the snaps would be to use industrial strength Velcro 

xXz2rJZ.jpg    Yhy7WFZ.jpg

AWESOME job on that blaster, by the way!  As an E-11 enthusiast I was well impressed with all the details.  Well done!  :salute:   Also, I know one D.O. (@Chemi) who will be very pleased with the position of your Han snap, lol.  Perfect!

ZUnPF4O.jpg

• Like 3

Actually I do have velcro to hold the belt up, however the tackyness has failed. I think either betting a better sort or glue would do the job. Once cleared expert, I will do another set of kitted photos for centurion.

Thank you for all of the positive comments, I must say a big deal of thanks goes to the great vendors who have helped me through the builds (as well as the armourers with the uk garrison). Ross from RWA and Marc from Troopacoola have been amazing at helping and suggesting ways through the tricky bits.

It's a really loving and generous community that I am glad to be a part of.

• Like 1

Regular Velcro is fine for many things, but I swear by the Industrial Strength type.  You need to let it adhere to the surfaces for 24 hours or so before joining it, but it almost takes an act of Congress (or Parliament in your case, lol) to remove it once the bond is set.  You can get a meter (WAY more than you will need) on Amazon UK for less than 6 pounds.  Link here.

• Like 1

Since velcro is used on the belt it could be considered a simple dressing issue! If you have a spotter whilst taking the images just make them aware of the position! :)

• Like 2

Hello Sean. Thanks so much for the pictures!!!:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Unfortunately, in order to check the position of the TD, we need a photo showing its final position.. The best thing to do would be to put on the armor, and take a new photo. ;)

Regarding the teeth, we have been talking about it, and we think you should fix a little bit more the lower part that we indicated.

Reference image

8iy9qcK.jpg             ezcVZLH.jpg

We know it's a little "scary" this kind of fixes, but believe us, for this kind of details, you will feel proud to wear your armor ...:salute:

Thanks!

• Like 3

Okay, I think I get what you're after on the helmet, and for reference TD new position (excuse the bad camera angle) and belt velcro adjusted over buttons. a0f622dd73a6ec173dc01900ed24c53b.jpgab9ebcf7b94a8aa1a455693b99bc6f21.jpge631289baeb2c323e92671368e292f32.jpg

• Like 2

hace 1 hora, Sean PK dijo:

Should probably say the last post has the camera flipped, not backwards armour :-)

:laugh1:

Thanks Sean. Excellent  job!!!:jc_doublethumbup:

Hi Sean, and thank you for your EIB application! 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted, and on behalf of the entire D.O. staff we are pleased to welcome you to the rank of Expert Infantry.  Congratulations!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly;

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team.  Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor, and please keep in mind that  we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

Congratulations. An armor that takes care of the details. Very nice work Trooper!!!

Let's comment on a few small details.

-This is a detail that we frequently suggest. As seen in the reference image, you could trim the ends of the brow trim. Easy fix

Reference images

tNv9dN1.jpg   ayybbGJ.jpg             P3XfbwR.png   QnJoTZ4.png

L2-Fall of tube stripe tops ideally lean toward the front. The CRL for level two states that IDEALLY the fall should be as in the reference images shown below.:duim:

XXLCHHk.jpgx4W4bCA.jpg         cumtYYW.jpgofkTtzO.jpg

Reference images

DGfKnSJ.jpg   DZ9GLwz.jpg

-The small button panel can be trimmed a little to show the part of the armor where it sits (which has a small notch).;)

Reference images

zaL5U2Q.jpg                          y9CgV8u.jpg   58Lr8vW.jpg   svP1seK.png

-A simple dressing issue here. There should be no gap between the two parts of the raised ridges:duim:

Reference images

QnuMH06.png                                     V0Zhsvm.png      VLly8fM.png

***************************************************

Centurion Requirements:

In this section we prepare you for our highest tier of approval.  Because Centurion photos must show more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Level 3 might be seen there and not here and additional photos may be required. We try to point out all that we can from what we are able to clearly see, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

The CRL states that the Sniper knee plate must be aligned with the ridges on the shin.  This point is definitely the biggest challenge you will find on your way to the Centurion level. This will require you to detach the knee of the sniper (very carefully!!!) and realign it. It doesn't have to be 100% perfect, but it should be much closer than it is. :jc_doublethumbup:

Reference images

83S2ORO.jpg   AJxiu9z.jpg             4vp0UOq.jpg   

-L3- The blaster may have minor weathering or base metal exposure however, T-tracks and grips shall be of a black plastic appearance with no silver/metallic weathering allowed. Although in some counters the brass could be seen, in this one it does not look like weathering, (it is a perfect square). You may be able to paint it black and then rub a little before it dries completely, and thus give it the " weathered " look.:duim:

Reference images

nOzEcnW.jpg            M96eZAF.png   Bfm4KOQ.jpg   3SgkXTu.jpg

And that's all Sean, Congratulations!!!! And we look forward to seeing your Centurion application soon!!!!:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

• Chemi changed the title to TK-21103 Requesting ANH (Stunt) EIB Status [RWA] (1062)

Congratulations and welcome to Expert Infantry and the EI Honor Gallery

DXOeA4i.png

• Like 1