authenticprops vs. rspropmasters differences?

Hi all!

Looking to understand the differences between the ANH Stunt kits of these two companies. Maybe somebody with more experience can help clarify a couple things for me.

1. I read that both RS and AP are ANH derived but that RS is the only 1st Generation cast of an original ANH armor. What does that mean and what's the difference between the way AP is ANH derived? 
2. The thickness of RS is 1.5mm and on the various types of armor and where to find them thread it says that the AP is .080. I also read on other threads that RS could feel thin (Although yes I know the screenused armor was 1.5mm) Does that mean that the AP could be much flimsier? Any experiences or straight comparisons would be much appreciated.
3. If I order armor already built with my submitted measurements from either RS or AP will I still need to do some adjustments when it gets to me before it is approvable? Or is it literally an out of the box experience?
4. RS has much more of an online presence than AP, however, whenever I talk to friends from the 501st they're essentially regarded in the same league. I know that there is no "best" armor out there, but what would you guys say in regards to this? 

I do wish there was a compilation of photos somewhere with all main brands side by side, that would be so incredibly helpful to newbies like me looking to build their first TK kit!

Thanks everyone :)

• Like 2

Hi Ethan

AP is cast from a modified RoTJ set of armour and cleaned up to remove a lot of lumps and bumps.

Some parts are duplicates as the suit was not complete that it was cast from, Biceps identical left and right as are the fore arms and shoulder bells too if i remember correctly.

AP is durable, I have had mine for over 8 years and still troop in it so no issues there, and you can build it to centurion level.

RS is indeed cast of an ANH suit which they own.

It is a warts and all version as the Stunt buckets were painted white, so the pulls certainly reflect paint runs etc. It;s still the closest you can get in reproduction. it also was not a complete kit so they have sculpted parts to replace those that were missing.

Go check out the build threads and look for RS or AP in the titles, that will show you the differences as we have loads and loads of images on the forums of both kits.

To be honest, both are great kits, so you cant go wrong sticking with either.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/

• Like 2

Regarding the thickness of the ABSAP is reporting in inches, which equates to 2mm. AP is thicker plastic which can be stronger but the details will be a bit softer than the 1.5mm kits. 

The amount of abuse I've put my AP armor through in the past year with nearly ZERO damage is truly exceptional. I sit in it like I wasn't wearing armor. I climb and run. I've laid down and crawled around. The AP armor just takes it. I wipe it off and polish up the scratches and it's ready for more action.

I honestly love how the RS armor looks and drool over it constantly, but I wouldn't trade my AP for it at this point.

Look at my troop log linked in my signature to see the AP in action.

• Like 2

RS currently are pausing the new orders since they focus on a certain limited edition helmet right now, so if you are thinking about getting the RS armor then you'd have to wait a little bit and keep an eye on their website for when they accept new orders!

• Like 2

For being approved in the 501st then I know from personal experience that the RS is almost guaranteed (I have to say almost because I don't want to lie and having it held against me, if they would have screwed something up) to get approved in the 501st! I did work to get to Centurion but it wasn't all that much!

• Like 2