glue for flexible hand guards that is actually available in Canada?

I need to redo the flexible hand guards on the rubber gloves.  They are already falling off after 4 hours of use.

I'm pulling my hair out trying to find a good glue that is actually available in Canada at a common hardware store.  Loctite was suggested (681925) but stores here tell me that doesn't exist and to order it online from Amazon is over $50 and I wouldn't see it until June which is too late.

I'm rather in a hurry to find a solution as I need them again in a couple weeks so if I have to order something my time is short.

What are the options in Canada?

Thanks.

Bart

Really depends on the gloves and the handplates, I had one pair that wouldn't stick with anything until I tried black silicon, roughed up both surfaces first with rough sandpaper to give the silicon something to glue too.

Other glues used depending on the combination, E6000, super glue, contact glue.

They are the latex variety I think.  Wook1138 verified a version of the Loctite product that should work.  I'm going to give it a go tomorrow.  He has the same AP gloves and guards as me.  If it works I'll post a link for future reference in Canada.

Thanks.

Bart

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BAZINGA said:

They are the latex variety I think.  Wook1138 verified a version of the Loctite product that should work.  I'm going to give it a go tomorrow.  He has the same AP gloves and guards as me.  If it works I'll post a link for future reference in Canada.

I should have specified, there are different types of latex, hence the issues with which glue to use ;) Hopefully want Wook1138 has suggested will work for you 

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if you got this sorted yet. This is the email that Mark from AP props sent me after I failed at several attempts to attach the silicone hand guards. The Lepage glue and promoter is available in Canada

Hello Gerarld

Sorry forgot to mention, you need CA glue with promotor that's the only thing that will work.

Just apply a very thin strip all around approx 1 cm from inside edges, don't put any in the middle so when the gloves stretch there's less stress on hand plates.

Mark (AP)

OZW88Dp.jpg

Edited by Doggydoc

4 hours ago, Doggydoc said:

Not sure if you got this sorted yet. This is the email that Mark from AP props sent me after I failed at several attempts to attach the silicone hand guards. The Lepage glue and promoter is available in Canada

Hello Gerarld

Sorry forgot to mention, you need CA glue with promotor that's the only thing that will work.

Just apply a very thin strip all around approx 1 cm from inside edges, don't put any in the middle so when the gloves stretch there's less stress on hand plates.

Mark (AP)

OZW88Dp.jpg

That is what I purchased based on what Wook1138 also suggested.  Seems to have stuck.  I'll see how it holds up.  What I found is that the glue stayed on the glove, but it pulled away at the latex which left little tear outs in the latex.  Bart

• Like 1