A sad day for FISD - Dan Branton

It is with great sadness I am making this announcement that today we lost one of our own.

Earlier today Dan Branton TK-42911 passed away, after a long battle with cancer.

Many will know him for his incredible enthusiasm in always helping others and this often included aiding those to build the best stormtrooper they could.

Within his own Garrison he held the position of armourer. A formal recognition of his enthusiasm, his knowledge, and his ability to assist others new to Star Wars Costuming.  Here he was a staff member, a Provost Marshall, and his opinion always welcomed.

The majority of you will only know him from the forums, or Facebook groups he would post in. To many others, myself included he was a great friend, and we will miss him dearly.

He is succeeded by his wonderful wife Tuesday and their three children.

Buckets off.

Dan Branton, left most stormtrooper, pictured trooping at Elstree Studios near London in 2018.

image.jpeg

• Like 4

This truly is such a sad day.  Dan has contributed so much to our community.  He was a friend whom I never had the pleasure of meeting in person.  I just spoke to him a few days ago.  Our community has lost a great person.  Prayers to his wife and children.  You will be missed Dan.  RIP

• Like 2

Terrible and shocking news, words escape me, a great loss to our community, Dan being a long standing staff member, condolences go out to his family and friends, buckets off, he will be missed.

• Like 2

Buckets off in South Florida for CableGuy Dan Branton, TK-42911. May he march on in the Hall of Eternal Legionnaires and his memory live on forever in our community. :stormtrooper:

• Like 2

Makes me incredibly saddened to hear this. He was someone I looked up to before joining the 501st legion and watched his YouTube videos a few years before I got my armor. I have a troop tomorrow, but in my mind it's now to honor Dan and all he did for our community! Sadly I never got to meet him, would have loved to, but I've heard about what a great guy he was and I send all possible condolences to his family and his friends! Remember to hug your loved ones <3

Buckets off

• Like 2

Very Sad news. Buckets off. 
‘Thank you Dan for everything you did for this community.  My deepest heartfelt condolences to his family.

• Like 2

Absolutely heart broken to hear this news.

My condolences go out to Dan's family, he was a wonderful person and friend, an absolute credit to the  Star Wars family, this detachment and his home garrison the UKG.

I am struggling for words at this moment, but Dan will be dearly missed, and not forgotten.

Buckets off

• Like 2

3 hours ago, starsaber25 said:

He was a friend whom I never had the pleasure of meeting in person.

Same. Saw the news on FB earlier and still processing.

Dan and I built our kits, got approval, EIB and Centurion around the same times so we struck up a friendship over common bonds quickly.

He went on to be the Stripes police and an outstanding example of a Legion member, armourer, attaché and FISD staff - and husband, friend, and father - and our little corner of the internet has a CableGuy shaped hole in it.

Buckets off Dan.

• Like 1

What a loss for the FISD and for the Legion as a whole. Like others I never had the opportunity to meet Dan in person but he helped me and countless others. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

• Like 1

My condolences to his family.

Dan you have been a great mentor and a good friend here.

Rest in Peace.

• Like 1

I woke up to these news and am incredibly saddened to hear it. I didn't know him very well, but when we interacted he was always so very kind, helpful, and supportive. He was truly one of the people who helped FISD and FISD Members. 

He will be missed. My condolences to his family and friends. Bucket off. 

• Like 1

Can’t understand it…don’t want to…took me awhile to understand the IG post of his passing….I couldn’t process it…just the other day he liked a post I made here and now he’s gone. Like others said I also never got around to meeting him in person but due to our contact on these boards over the years I consider him a very close friend…my heart goes out to his family and I want to do something..don’t know what…but something….I’m going to miss you Dan and I just should have booked that flight over from Sweden to London when we talked about it those years ago…

• Like 5