TK 82278 Requesting ATA Stormtrooper ANH Stunt EIB Status (1063)

On 6/2/2023 at 9:15 AM, TKSpartan said:

Hi Tyler , and thank you for your EIB application! 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted, and on behalf of the entire D.O. staff we are pleased to welcome you to the rank of Expert Infantry.  Congratulations!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly;

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team.  Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor, and please keep in mind that  we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

You have made a great job with the requested fixes Trooper!!  Well done.

Let's start from top. It looks like you may have a bit too much padding in the top of your helmet.  It is sitting pretty high and for a much better overall look should sit a lot lower.

EGXGzKj.jpg  pcfhrLV.jpg   

References

iu7Ibyv.jpg?1      KmZEqda.jpg?1

For accuracy, you may want trim the back tab of your shoulder bridges and remove a little more of the return edge as the references.

vh1JFrD.jpg  kD5F0h2.jpg

References

E7HPgjY.jpg   z4FXqB6.jpg?1  uG4pEd5.jpg

For accuracy, we suggest to trim a little more the small ab buttons panel .

References

b1ay6Mx.jpg                                UzU1W3j.jpg?5     wFB6j8I.jpg?1

Yours forearms look uneven, adjusting a little the  right one's strap could help and let you carry your weapon more confortable. 

References

CB08ghB.jpg       809cWJb.jpg?1

Centurion Requirements:

In this section we prepare you for our highest tier of approval.  Because Centurion photos must show more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Level 3 might be seen there and not here and additional photos may be required. We try to point out all that we can from what we are able to clearly see, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

CRL L3: There should be a minimal gap between the shoulder armor and the chest/back plates.

This looks like a simple strapping issue.  shortening  the shoulder strap and  a bit could reduce the gap. 

lGPH4vX.jpg          qjjhL1B.png?1   pMU3r05.jpg?1

Looking closely to  the large ab-button panel , it must have at least a small flat edge around it.  We see this a lot, and it's honestly not to difficult to remedy in your case.  You can add an ABS plate behind it, touch up the edges with some ABS paste and sand/polish it. The other solution is to replace it with a new one.

ArFh5Fk.jpg            mqTEnrf.jpg?1       ET34PuR.jpg?1

Glue a piece and fill the seam with ABS paste                 Sand and polish

DAylugo.jpg?1                G45DIai.jpg?2

CRL L3: Ideally there no gap between the abdomen and kidney armor. Abdominal and Kidney Plate align horizontally at top.

This looks like a simple strapping adjustment and take care when taking the pictures.

NCeb9cI.jpg   Cu9Sa8h.jpg       ieF7xdu.jpg?1    9Ktw7FD.jpg?1

CRL L3: The top of the ABS ammo belt should sit at or just above the bottom of the central and vertical abdomen button panels.

In your case, you're almost perfect, you could use a piece of velcro to allow the right side of the belt to come up a little more.

unERMwD.jpg          10Xqwf3.jpg?2 8DGr9Tm.jpg?1

CRL L3: Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box.

Easy fix here Trooper . Just reduce the right drop box strap to get closer to the belt and you can add a dab of E600 behind the strap to  keep it aligned 

References

DO00riF.jpg  uNOziEm.jpg        tm7wE8T.jpg?1     618t4ij.png

v1VB2zx.jpg?1

This issue is not specifically noted in the crl but the centurion level if all for accuracy. Your butt plate is overlapping too much your kidney armor and canvas belt.

The V tabs method can help to fix it. 

DwRMxin.jpg  Gefnu4p.jpg    dMfsPME.jpg?1 6AQSNWS.jpg?2

V Tabs Method

Mold 2 pieces of ABS plastic and give then the V shape and glue one side to the butt plate and leave the kidney section free to move.

trUoRxC.jpg      vewlgSP.jpg    Q4cKwUF.jpg

Looking to your Thigh Ammo Belt , It could be a light effect but it looks to have a different shade of white. If you apply for Centurion (we hope) we'll need you to show a very clear photo showing the same color or if it's different you will need to replace it for the correct one. 

Reference

UZQx8uM.jpg    Ecf9EV4.jpg     E9tbfaG.jpg

Finally Trooper , 

It looks like you have a mobility cut just on your left thigh. You will need to make the right one and give them a rounded shape . Just take care to do not extend beyond the top of the raised ridge and every time you suit up your shins check the closure . 

zlyeHHt.jpg             HFDLdi6.jpg?2

That's all  Tyler, welcome to the EIB ranks and we are confident that you're going to continue to the finish line with your Centurion application soon!! 

:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

I was looking at my  thigh ammo belt and was wondering what I could do to make the color match the rest of my armor? ATA is no longer in operation because I believe he passed away a few years back. Exact replacement parts are not going to be a thing. What are my options since I have already replaced this piece and cant find an exact shade? Thanks everyone

20 minutes ago, iSmilebak said:

I was looking at my  thigh ammo belt and was wondering what I could do to make the color match the rest of my armor? ATA is no longer in operation because I believe he passed away a few years back. Exact replacement parts are not going to be a thing. What are my options since I have already replaced this piece and cant find an exact shade? Thanks everyone

Some automotive paint suppliers can color match paint which may be an option.

You could compare your armor color to other makes to see if you can find another supplier with a similar color/shade. It's quite amazing the drastic difference in color you can see from one maker to another, RS is almost cream compared to ATA.

ATA molds had been purchased some time ago but no info on if armor will be produced again. 

• Like 1