Update on my Anovos Build

Luciana

I’m not sure if I’m posting this on the correct thread, and if I’m not, I’m sorry!!

First ”full” test fit wasn’t too shabby - it was worthy of a happy dance :)

I’m actually having a lot of fun with this. 

I’m wearing the Anovos belt since the replacement hasn’t yet arrived.

I ordered the canvas belt off of trooperbay and should arrive this week.

Thinking of replacing the holster as well for an all black one (if allowed?). My other one is the exact same, except all black.

I am also on this next wave for keeptrooping - my boots will be in soon.

I purchased Aker 1506 + Troopertalk APP (yet to play around and figure out the settings) - I have found some helpful stuff on it on here and will try soon. 

8C42496D-907A-49EB-B351-8D8563EA18CB.jpeg

• Like 2

I’m not sure if I’m posting this on the correct thread, and if I’m not, I’m sorry!!

First ”full” test fit wasn’t too shabby - it was worthy of a happy dance
I’m actually having a lot of fun with this. 
I’m wearing the Anovos belt since the replacement hasn’t yet arrived.
I ordered the canvas belt off of trooperbay and should arrive this week.
Thinking of replacing the holster as well for an all black one (if allowed?). My other one is the exact same, except all black.
I am also on this next wave for keeptrooping - my boots will be in soon.
I purchased Aker 1506 + Troopertalk APP (yet to play around and figure out the settings) - I have found some helpful stuff on it on here and will try soon. 

8C42496D-907A-49EB-B351-8D8563EA18CB.jpeg.8d9a0602f0fb16f7a7d599f14d13c47b.jpeg

Hi Luciana,

Not sure what you meant by an all black holster vs. the one you have. Can you send photos of the current holster and what you meant by all black?

As far as the test suit up, things look good, however it would be easier to gauge things with similar front/side/back photos like you’d send for approval.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If by "all black" holster do you mean the straps that hold it to the canvas belt?  While there was an exception or two (see last pic below) the majority of the straps were the natural tan color, which is what it looks like you are wearing in the photo.  Although the CRL doesn't specifically mention the color of the straps themselves, I would stick with the tan ones. ;)

9lmgANY.jpg  Olz5RUx.png  VJhTeiZ.png  zfIRlhl.png      unG4VqT.png

Looks like one of the prop makers

attached this one on the wrong

side, lol.

3 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

If by "all black" holster do you mean the straps that hold it to the canvas belt?  While there was an exception or two (see last pic below) the majority of the straps were the natural tan color, which is what it looks like you are wearing in the photo.  Although the CRL doesn't specifically mention the color of the straps themselves, I would stick with the tan ones. ;)

9lmgANY.jpg  Olz5RUx.png  VJhTeiZ.png  zfIRlhl.png      unG4VqT.png

Looks like one of the prop makers

attached this one on the wrong

side, lol.

Yes, that is what I meant.
When the new belt comes. I’ll stick to the one that’s part of the suit (with tan straps).  Thank you for the pictures!

6 hours ago, FN1313 said:

Hi Luciana,

Not sure what you meant by an all black holster vs. the one you have. Can you send photos of the current holster and what you meant by all black?

As far as the test suit up, things look good, however it would be easier to gauge things with similar front/side/back photos like you’d send for approval.

The current one is pictured (tan straps). The “black one”, is the exact same thing, only with black straps. I’ll stick with the tan strap ones.

As far as pictures for approval, I’m not even close. This was an update of how far I’ve gotten. My original post is under new members, and was suggested I started with a new thread to capture the build progress. I did take pictures of all angles, however, to post 1 picture on here is already a struggle due to size. 
I’ll stop by again when ready for approval. 

7A7BE6EF-2B79-4991-8329-85BD2666A97D.jpeg

The current one is pictured (tan straps). The “black one”, is the exact same thing, only with black straps. I’ll stick with the tan strap ones.
As far as pictures for approval, I’m not even close. This was an update of how far I’ve gotten. My original post is under new members, and was suggested I started with a new thread to capture the build progress. I did take pictures of all angles, however, to post 1 picture on here is already a struggle due to size. 
I’ll stop by again when ready for approval. 
7A7BE6EF-2B79-4991-8329-85BD2666A97D.jpeg.f5ed22f85e31c7d40632c3a74103e4c3.jpeg

I would recommend against a full black strap one like you posted as the CRL specifically shows one with the tan straps. Also the straps of the holster shouldn’t wrap around like the image you posted but rather go behind the canvas itself.

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

Save some money and be more accurate at the same time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, FN1313 said:

I would recommend against a full black strap one like you posted as the CRL specifically shows one with the tan straps. Also the straps of the holster shouldn’t wrap around like the image you posted but rather go behind the canvas itself.

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

Save some money and be more accurate at the same time.

I have the Tan strap one that came with my Anovos kit.

The black holster is an extra one I have. 

I’m sticking with the Anovos one. Once the new belt comes, I’ll rebuild it and use the proper holster.

Also - save money when you have a hobby as this - said no one ever!

Edited by Luciana
Duplicate
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Luciana said:

I have the Tan strap one that came with my Anovos kit.

The black holster is an extra one I have. 

I’m sticking with the Anovos one. Once the new belt comes, I’ll rebuild it and use the proper holster.

Also - save money when you have a hobby as this - said no one ever!

My Hero armor is Anovos, and one thing I was really surprised to notice when I got the kit was that the holster really is superb.  Super thick leather.  Some makers are made with thin(ner) leather, which can cause an issue when actually trying to insert your E-11 as they just don't stay open enough.  Especially tough when you can't see what you are doing with a bucket on, lol.

The one with the black straps could be sold to someone doing an ESB build. ;)

"Also - save money when you have a hobby as this - said no one ever"!  So true.  Unfortunately many purchase armor from unscrupulous sellers on ebay for a "great price" then find out it can't even meet Basic 501st approval and are gutted when they find out.

An inexpensive hobby this is not, but when done right a nice set of armor from a reputable maker looks truly spectacular and is something to be proud of.

5 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

My Hero armor is Anovos, and one thing I was really surprised to notice when I got the kit was that the holster really is superb.  Super thick leather.  Some makers are made with thin(ner) leather, which can cause an issue when actually trying to insert your E-11 as they just don't stay open enough.  Especially tough when you can't see what you are doing with a bucket on, lol.

The one with the black straps could be sold to someone doing an ESB build. ;)

"Also - save money when you have a hobby as this - said no one ever"!  So true.  Unfortunately many purchase armor from unscrupulous sellers on ebay for a "great price" then find out it can't even meet Basic 501st approval and are gutted when they find out.

An inexpensive hobby this is not, but when done right a nice set of armor from a reputable maker looks truly spectacular and is something to be proud of.

If you can guide me to someone who’s doing an ESB build - I’ll gladly gift it and not sell it! 

I agree with the quality of the Anovos holster. The quality of the armor over all. 
replacing the snaps and belt is minimum. 

My E-11 is tight in the new holster, but I can live with it lol

This is all very rewarding.

5 minutes ago, Luciana said:

My E-11 is tight in the new holster, but I can live with it lol

If you keep your E-11 stored in your holster it will eventually take the shape of it. ;)

• Like 1

Old trick with shoes was to stuff with crunched up wet newspaper, then leave to dry, this would expand the leather a little. Not sure if you could use the same method with a blaster and holser, wrap wet newspaper around the blaster, may work

• Like 1

Old trick with shoes was to stuff with crunched up wet newspaper, then leave to dry, this would expand the leather a little. Not sure if you could use the same method with a blaster and holser, wrap wet newspaper around the blaster, may work

Just don’t use hot water or things set hard.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

If you keep your E-11 stored in your holster it will eventually take the shape of it. ;)

Btw - My E-11 is my “toy” from the mid 90’s - it is a Lucasfilm blaster, but it is missing what looks like the collapsible buttstock. 

Btw - My E-11 is my “toy” from the mid 90’s - it is a Lucasfilm blaster, but it is missing what looks like the collapsible buttstock. 

I’m taking a guess, is it the Hasbro E-11 toy that is white?

That one has been used by troopers before, it does need some mods, but you can find a lot of build threads that can work with that. Here’s a section for blaster builds

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/127-anh-blastech-e11/

• Like 1

Must be one of these (or similar, they came out in many different versions)

s-l500.jpg

Doopy Doo's used to do an upgrade kit to bring the blaster up to L2 specs, unfortunately no longer supplying them, they wouldn't make centurion L3 either

CEu3gLp.jpg

You can check out my build here

There are still options, printing some updated pieces or making from scratch, has been done before, you can actually find full files for the E-11 if needed.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Must be one of these (or similar, they came out in many different versions)

s-l500.jpg

Doopy Doo's used to do an upgrade kit to bring the blaster up to L2 specs, unfortunately no longer supplying them, they wouldn't make centurion L3 either

CEu3gLp.jpg

You can check out my build here

There are still options, printing some updated pieces or making from scratch, has been done before, you can actually find full files for the E-11 if needed.

I saw all sorts of stuff on the E-11 on here - looks pretty neat.

I plan on purchasing a good one for trooping and have my “toy” back on display along with all else I already have displayed. For now, I believe it will do.

AEB1BA10-041D-4393-A4FA-DB0BE84AFC23.jpeg

Entirely up to your GML as they are the ones who approve or deny any legion costume or prop, BUT if you go by the CRL:

E-11 Blaster

• Based on a real or replica Sterling sub-machine gun, scratch-built, or a modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster

Note: a blaster is not required for base Legion approval ;)

• 1 month later...

I finished my armor and submitted for approval yesterday.

Let’s play the waiting game now..

Good luck with approval, hope to see some new TKID numbers soon 

Costume APPROVED!!!!

\o/

Awesome, congratulations and welcome to the ranks trooper. Once you recieve your 501st approval email you can request higher forum access here 

6 hours ago, Luciana said:

Costume APPROVED!!!!

\o/

Wonderful news Luciana, welcome as an official Stormtrooper of the legion and FISD!! :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley: