Space Oddity Requesting Pre Approval Review (RS Propmasters full commission)

Scott Wilson

Green Mountain Garrison/Garrison Tyranus

Armour/ Helmet/Cloth Belt - RS Propmasters

Neck Seal - Imperial Boots??

Boots - Imperial Boots

Blaster - RS Propmasters

Height 6'2"

Weight 245lbs

TK ANH Hero 

Full Commission...so far

Hi Guys, so I got my armour. I'm a little worried because I'm not sure if the gap between the kidney and ab is too large. Also, I can't keep the butt plate from creeping up. Not sure if that's an issue. And those are just the issues that I see. I hope there's not something else. I've tried it on twice and have already had to repair the shoulder straps lol wah wahhh.

I have questions about the helmet. Well, first, I'm probably going to rip out the chin strap because it force chokes me worse than Vader. Regardless, the lenses have already popped off once as they're put in place with double sided tape. Any suggestions on adhesive that won't melt/wrinkle the bubble? Also, the S shaped trim is problematic as it easily slips off the plastic (probably result of steaming up the helmet during wear). Any suggestions?

I have a Stunt helmet from FarAway Creations. I like the look of it better as the construction is sturdier. However, the white is different. Is there much issue in wearing a helmet that mismatches the white of the armour? Regardless, I'm submitting for Hero as-is, but kinda want to replace the helmet with a different Hero (possibly another FarAway). I'll submit for Stunt later, also depending on this answer as I only have mismatching white for Stunt.

Lastly, what are the hand plates for that I have pictured? I got a Hero commission with ESB and Stunt kits. I have the ESB clamshells and the Hero Latex gloves with integrated hand plates (as pictured in uniform). However, it doesn't appear by the CRLs that handplates with visible straps are allowed, which is what these additional hand plates are. Plus, I have "silk" gloves for ESB, but the only latex gloves I have are the ones with the integrated hand plates. So, I am confused about the inclusion of the extra hand plates. I'm not even sure if the Hero gloves I have are legit as-is because the integrated hand plates are painted in a white that doesn't match the rest of the armour.

I was also so excited to don the armour that I didn't realise my knee ammo pouches were skewed. Guess I have to glue those in place too.

I have already posted with Green Mountain and the GML isn't happy with the thighs being too low. I have to figure out how to get those higher as painlessly as possible.

Thanks for any help. Please let me know what else I need to finish this.

8APim0g.jpg

7O7Vv48.jpg

4shoJMF.jpg

EZg2h1m.jpg

add1K7B.jpg

3nIqHDX.jpg

jgTwSxh.jpg

CltQsWs.jpg

805DokF.jpg

3FBhGMM.jpg

ZTOfdoH.jpg

GxMdQrq.jpg

1VV6nIZ.jpg

I am no expert by and stretch, but the armor looks small for your size.  If you pull the thighs up, your going to have pretty large gaps at the knees.  

However, these guys on here are top notch, if anyone can help you, these guys can. 

Overall not a bad fit at all, but there is some tweaking that could sharpen things up for you.

One of the first things I would think about is removing the padding from the inside of your bucket (or at least going with a thinner type).  It should ideally ride much lower, and this should give you a better field of vision.  Having it seated lower would prevent anyone from seeing the inside as well. ;)

iv3xEPQ.jpg    eLLFbow.png

One thing to consider is the strapping.  In a perfect world each side should be pretty close to symmetrical.  Raising the right bicep a bit and lowering the forearm would help.

4fO1FgA.jpg

As for the thighs, it has to be considered that not all troopers are the same size so allowances should be made.  The left side should come up a bit to match the right, but as you can see from the reference images below the gaps are not unprecedented,

nfXhVw1.jpg        7Uzs99S.png   vJbcMcf.png

To keep the posterior plate from riding up, our resident expert on this is Glen @gmrhodes13 so I'll let him show you his awesome method of preventing this. 

The gloves you are wearing are the rubber type, which is required for Level 3 (perfect).  The hand guards that are attached are the flexible type and look to be glued on.  Perfect for Level 3 as well.

glhd7XB.jpg

• Like 1

As Joseph mentioned the V tabs they are quite easy to make, strips of plastic heated and bent either with heat gun or placed in oven, use pliers and push the plastic over the kidney and posterior. Add glue to the kidney side and let the other side of the clip.float free so it still allows some movement.

I find one on either end is enough but some also add extra ones in the middle.

atGzym4.jpg    1wTpfgq.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Armor9 said:

I am no expert by and stretch, but the armor looks small for your size.  If you pull the thighs up, your going to have pretty large gaps at the knees.  

However, these guys on here are top notch, if anyone can help you, these guys can. 

Yeah, I felt the same. The thighs are definitely low because when I try to sit or crouch, the thighs block against the backs of my knees. However, if I pull the thighs up (after whatever fix occurs) and pull the calves down (as others in another forum suggest), then I have a considerable gap at the knee. I probably wouldn't have done much better on my own, but was hoping full commission would take care of all issues.

16 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

One of the first things I would think about is removing the padding from the inside of your bucket (or at least going with a thinner type).  It should ideally ride much lower, and this should give you a better field of vision.  Having it seated lower would prevent anyone from seeing the inside as well. ;)

The gloves you are wearing are the rubber type, which is required for Level 3 (perfect).  The hand guards that are attached are the flexible type and look to be glued on.  Perfect for Level 3 as well.

Among other things I want with the helmet (a fan not being the least) is it kosher to blacken the interior? I can definitely go thinner on the foam. It was quite a bit thicker than in my other helmet.

Any tricks on the gloves? They are monster hard to get off. I feel they will be obliterated after just a few uses due to extreme stretching. I'm feeling the ESB much more now because the "silk" gloves are a dream to get on and off.

11 hours ago, Chemi said:

Hi Scott.:salute:

I also think it will be necessary to fix the teeth area...:blush:

I'm assuming you mean I just need to file down that one opening?? Any tricks to avoid repainting? This was a commission so I don't have any of the materials they used to make this.

23 minutes ago, Space Oddity said:

Yeah, I felt the same. The thighs are definitely low because when I try to sit or crouch, the thighs block against the backs of my knees. However, if I pull the thighs up (after whatever fix occurs) and pull the calves down (as others in another forum suggest), then I have a considerable gap at the knee. I probably wouldn't have done much better on my own, but was hoping full commission would take care of all issues.

I got my Hero from RS as well and mine looks very different size wise.  You might want to contact them and see if you can get some pieces remade.  

Regarding the gloves, keep those for your EIB, but for trooping get black Nomex glove and then hit up @justjoseph63 for a pair of his kick an impolite person hand armor.  Follow his instructions for gluing on and you are set.  

For fans, I recommend this: https://www.etsy.com/listing/525806498/stormtrooper-cooling-system-bracket?ref=yr_purchases

For helet padding I'd recommned this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09TT68J33/ref=twister_B0BYYMD35F?_encoding=UTF8&th=1 and https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08RP88B1L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yes, I've seen several make the inside black without issue.  However, once you get all the padding, fans, etc., its almost black LOL 

hace 38 minutos, Space Oddity dijo:

I'm assuming you mean I just need to file down that one opening?? Any tricks to avoid repainting? This was a commission so I don't have any of the materials they used to make this.

That's right...You can use a small file to remove the plastic little by little....

limas.jpg.6ef2b617f202120e7fcb9a4a91a162d2.jpg

6 hours ago, Space Oddity said:

Among other things I want with the helmet (a fan not being the least) is it kosher to blacken the interior? I can definitely go thinner on the foam. It was quite a bit thicker than in my other helmet.

Any tricks on the gloves? They are monster hard to get off. I feel they will be obliterated after just a few uses due to extreme stretching. I'm feeling the ESB much more now because the "silk" gloves are a dream to get on and off.

You can definitely go black with the interior as many of us do.  It can be a bit tricky, as you will need to mask off any openings (eyes, frown etc.).  Many of use Plasti Dip spray, which is a rubber-type sealant.  It stinks like crazy for a day or two but then goes away 100%.  No matter what type of product you use, be sure to sand down and thoroughly clean the interior beforehand so that the product has a good surface to adhere to and wear a mask or respirator.  Overspray can be removed with a NON acetone paint thinner or sometimes even rubbing alcohol.

I have a set of extra large black rubber (flock lined) gloves if you want to see if they fit better.  If interested just let me know via PM and I will send them to you (no charge).