screws & nuts

xurbit

Hi everyone, I'm pretty new here and building my amour, first of all I like to say thanks for your time in reading this post, secondly thank you if anyone can give me some information or has sources, thirdly I really apprciate your co-operation!! :D

Well I was going to the home depot store and was purchasing rivets, and rivet gun, however when it came to screws I wasn't sure what size is recommended. And seeing a lot of experience builders here I wanted to ask what screws did you use for putting the amour together? Also is there such a thing as "Rivet Washers" which is specific for 1/8 (3mm) rivets? Any help would be most appreciated!!!

Yours Truly,

Xurbit

My armour has 20mm machine screws (slot tapered head) and nuts holding on the ammo box on the thigh and also the knee part on the shin and the ears on my bucket. I used 4mm rivets else where and matching 4mm washers for the rivets mate. The washers are normally boxed up near to where the washers hang. Well they do in my local shops anyway dude :)

Ah, rivets are my specialty (aircraft ones at least!). If you use 1/8" 'pop' rivets, then just find some 1/8" washers. If you are using 5/32" then find the corresponding diameter washers to go along. I picked up some 1/8" rivets at Home Depot and they actually stock the hand riveters, the rivets, and the washers all right in the same section. They also carry those rivets in white (how nice of them :) )!

I think rivets have been sufficiently covered..... :)

As for screws and washers, I have them holding my belt pieces on to the ab plate so I can take it apart more easily for transport. The screws were from a white electrical outlet cover (white screws to match the white armor). Not sure of the specific size but I just went from the electrical aisle at my Home Depot with the cover to the hardware aisle and matched up what I needed.