Got my Anovos Kit in!

Very exciting, Luciana! Welcome to the FISD forum... the one true home of all things stormtrooper-related! Below are several resources that you may find helpful during your build.

Tony's thread below is considered to be an Anovos bible of sorts.

And here we have a link to a brand new section on our forum for all our identifying female members.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/254-vaders-valkyries/

One last thing. It appears that your boots are not quite standard issue due to the tread pattern on the soles, though it's a bit hard to dell due to the image stylization. Below is a link to one of the most common boots that Legion TKs use. "Keeptrooping" was formally known and branded as "Imperial Boots."

https://keeptrooping.com/product/421-classic-white/

I'm sure I speak for others in saying that we look forward to seeing you post a build thread, and follow along on your journey!

• Like 1

Hello and welcome aboard, if you get stuck we have a gallery area full of references to follow, good luck with the build

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Luciano, great to see you are on your way to becoming a TK.

Some nice clean trimming there, well done so far.

Nice work, Luciana! 

If you follow the "guidelines" when trimming you will have a lot of return edges.  On some parts that is fine (and expected) but in some other areas more can be taken off.

Example:  On your bicep tops, removing the excess return edge (as shown) will help prevent them from digging into your arms during a troop, which can get mighty uncomfortable.

Reference image

r0YfG7w.jpg     bm3uPgL.jpg

You don't have to remove all of it.  Some folks like the thicker look, but as seen in the reference image it's actually screen accurate to cut it down.

If you decide to reduce/remove it, it's VERY important to do it before final fitting/gluing.  If you glue everything together and then find it cuts into you, after taking off any excess you will find that the opening will be too large.  This applies to many other areas as well, and I have a thread here that can help.

Keep up the great work, and be sure to post lots more photos!  :salute:

• Like 1

I am struggling with the boot choice. Wanted to get it ordered while building and such. What I already have is no bueno. I did see the one in link sent at the beginning of the thread, however, I want to explore more options. Is there a measurement of max thickness for the black sole? I know the elastic has to be U shape. This is harder than I thought it would be… here is what I came across and wanted to ask if it fits the standards. It is much flatter than what I have.

706722E0-A2D8-4255-A899-D1108B678468.jpeg

3 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Nice work, Luciana! 

If you follow the "guidelines" when trimming you will have a lot of return edges.  On some parts that is fine (and expected) but in some other areas more can be taken off.

Example:  On your bicep tops, removing the excess return edge (as shown) will help prevent them from digging into your arms during a troop, which can get mighty uncomfortable.

Reference image

r0YfG7w.jpg     bm3uPgL.jpg

You don't have to remove all of it.  Some folks like the thicker look, but as seen in the reference image it's actually screen accurate to cut it down.

If you decide to reduce/remove it, it's VERY important to do it before final fitting/gluing.  If you glue everything together and then find it cuts into you, after taking off any excess you will find that the opening will be too large.  This applies to many other areas as well, and I have a thread here that can help.

Keep up the great work, and be sure to post lots more photos!  :salute:

I’ll definitely do all these prior to glueing the pieces, as well as try all I can to get the measurements as good as I can. I’d hate to have to re-do it. I appreciate all the help! 

Hello again, Luciana. Honestly, I don't think those boots are ok either. It is better to wait a little and spend the money on ones that are ok.:duim:

You can take a look at this link(421 Classic WHITE- STORE IS OPEN

Next Wave 04/01):

https://keeptrooping.com/

I'm sure someone will advise you on where to find valid boots.:jc_doublethumbup:

24 minutes ago, Chemi said:

Hello again, Luciana. Honestly, I don't think those boots are ok either. It is better to wait a little and spend the money on ones that are ok.:duim:

You can take a look at this link(421 Classic WHITE- STORE IS OPEN

Next Wave 04/01):

www.imperialboots.com

I'm sure someone will advise you on where to find valid boots.:jc_doublethumbup:

I gave up on the struggle and ordered from keeptrooping.com. Since it comes from China, let’s see how long till I have them. They were the only ones that had my size with “approved boots”. Thanks for the help.

Edited by Luciana

Keep trooping is the new name for Imperial Boots, they changed it as it's not just boots anymore.  I have had mine since wave 4? I think it was, I find them very comfortable, well as far as Chelsea boots are comfortable one me anyway.

• Like 1

Did lots of work today:

Forearms, biceps, shoulders, shoulder straps, calves (inside and outside), thighs (inside and outside), back plate, kidney plate, and butt plate.
All cut. Very little to trim so I can start resizing and glueing.

Gained a little confidence today lol

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Doggydoc said:

Keep up the good work. You will be happy with those boots. 
confidence will build like a snowball rolling toward a rebel base on Hoth. 

LOL! Well, I do hope so. 

• Like 1

I echo using KeepTrooping for your boots. They've been consistently accurate, high quality, and very good with their service. You'll want to verify when they do a wave though as they don't just have orders available at every moment.

20 hours ago, FN1313 said:

I echo using KeepTrooping for your boots. They've been consistently accurate, high quality, and very good with their service. You'll want to verify when they do a wave though as they don't just have orders available at every moment.

Well mine is paid for - whenever the next wave comes, I will get mine. Till then, no boots for this girl 

• Like 1