TK-17278 Requesting ESB EIB Stauts (RS)(1057)

Costume Information

• Armor Maker: RS Props
  • Helmet Maker: RS Props
  • E-11 Blaster: RS Props
  • Canvas Belt: RS Props
  • Hand Guards: RS Props
  • Gloves: Rubber Chemical Gloves: RS Props
  • Neck Seal: RS Props
  • Holster: RS Props
  • Boots: Imperial Surplus via RS Props

EWaxNyf.jpg

1N44pJf.jpg

X46cot0.jpg

WtPA0kK.jpg

ByxJsKF.jpg

crrmh5R.jpg

os5FGSr.jpg

ILLBIfC.jpg

STExRDb.jpg

GBESH6j.jpg

HEftwJr.jpg

XQjvLEf.jpg

zXG8KD3.jpg

n2ZKrvn.jpg

O0NxsI8.jpg

kUsSv0I.jpg

P2YqSmL.jpg

BxAQLY0.jpg

evnPlz3.jpg

GszfXxz.jpg

2e0FYxg.jpg

BI9s5CP.jpg

n6ad3rL.jpg

HMW48nr.jpg

UAHmVqD.jpg

MzQFWo2.jpg

E4wQuTW.jpg

BE7kr5M.jpg

oIOaK9F.jpg

eID55Gj.jpg

QDMX5M3.jpg

lFOy5ju.jpg

8So97N5.jpg

rGRKs1v.jpg

06Q3jTu.jpg

NmidgEC.jpg

FNW8NsO.jpg

xIH8S6P.jpg

ZyZ9FOR.jpg

xVWyBAp.jpg

m5KDo0k.jpg

BDpXuqI.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Dave. I am the DO who will review your application.:salute:

Before we can move along, I need a couple of things.

L2-Correct Aerators/Hovi-MIX tips are present. Screens used shall be of a wide type mesh, with the rim of the mic and the inside white or painted white.

We need you to paint the rims of the mics white.;)

Reference image

92nKxEZ.jpg               dRDLdhO.png   

L2-Clips shall be attached with slotted type, flat or dome top style screws, and be black (two per clip).

It may be the photo, but it is not clear if they are painted black. If they are not, you can give them a little coat of black paint, easy fix.;)

hkVB4m7.jpg

Also, I would like to ask you for a couple more photos:

-A photo of the belt (front), as shown in this reference image.

cvtXId2.jpg

-A photo of the 6 rivets(with the two parts aligned):

NXXr4ys.jpg

-And as a last favor, a couple of photos (close-up) of the area where you have the extensions.

8rNIX9J.jpg   XBBQjDZ.jpg

Thanks Dave, and thank you for your patience!!!:jc_doublethumbup:

Hey there Chemi

Thanks for that. I will endeavour to get these things sorted for you tomorrow and send through the photos you required. 

Still getting used to things like Imgur so probably uploaded the incorrect (low res)  photo of the thermal detonator. The screw are indeed not painted black so I’ll get it sorted.

Please don’t hesitate to let me know if there is anything else you need. 

• Like 3

Hi Chemi

Please find below the photos that I believe you require. Did my best with the painting but I'm not used to that kind of thing. I've been accused of being a lot of things, but being good at something requiring fine detailing has never been among them. I'm more of a sledgehammer type of guy. 

aSDuf8Q.jpg

R8bw5uX.jpg

Wclks3e.jpg

TXvPPhL.jpg

8zETj4w.jpg

sf6YknR.jpg

FrVHJQy.jpg

41VNsFd.jpg

Please let me know if there is anything else that I need to sort out, or any other photos that you need.

Have an awesome weekend.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave, and thank you for your EIB application! 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted, and on behalf of the entire D.O. staff we are pleased to welcome you to the rank of Expert Infantry.  Congratulations!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly;

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team.  Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor, and please keep in mind that  we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

Let's start with the helmet.

Your helmet seems to be a little high. You could remove some padding from the top to lower it a bit.:duim:

Reference images

p9EKY4t.jpg                             lWN15kU.png   guIjQGO.png

The brow trim, you could cut it a little for more screen accuracy(do it little by little so you don't trim too much).;)

Reference images

ZhylmaM.jpg   i3Ep3fN.jpg                  F4nVAnc.jpg   bUGi1cY.png

Ideally, the ear screws should be aligned with the rear edge of the Traps. It's not much, so we leave it as a suggestion.:)

Reference images

0dNVjhl.jpg   FLQsDNT.jpg              jO7EFTe.png   U8eLka5.png

Your forearms overlap the handguards. We recommend you to raise your biceps a little bit so that you can raise your forearms a little bit too, so that they are in line with the handguards.

Reference image

STeWXjv.jpg                viZgUrI.jpg

One of the holster loops is at an angle. Easy fix.;)

Reference image

RoAIG4g.jpg                                    czkhdqd.jpg

It seems that your back plate is sticking out a bit and is not aligned with the kidney.  Maybe you can use the famous "v tabs" to fix it.:jc_doublethumbup:

Reference images

OkyYANH.jpg   4vSpEOa.jpg        3o9FaEL.jpg   HFL1FPa.jpg   nld7pRF.png

It looks like the Thigh ammo belt has moved, as in other photos you have it "higher". A drop of glue will fix it 

Reference images

1TtRev4.jpg                                   DM14RtC.png   dneQjnR.png   nCYS2Fe.png   

Your right thigh seems a little low. You can shorten the strap a little to match the other.

Reference images

FnPfBPX.jpg   8WPjVX1.jpg                      UDSyiIo.jpg    GlhGUv6.jpg

Just a dressing issue here. When putting on the calves watch the alignment of the back closure. :)

Reference images

I8v08t6.jpg                 pFZgzeY.png   QlZOE4t.png

***************************************************

Centurion Requirements:

In this section we prepare you for our highest tier of approval.  Because Centurion photos must show more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Level 3 might be seen there and not here and additional photos may be required. We try to point out all that we can from what we are able to clearly see, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

L3- If silk or satin gloves are worn, the hand plates have the correct visible stitching with a 5 point/star pattern, equally spread out with 2 on each side and 1 in the middle front, double stitched with 2 holes at each point and sewn to the glove at each one using black thread.

Yours looks to be satin type gloves but the hand plates are affixed with an elastic strap and no stitched to them.  We think that it is necessary to sew them to the glove.

Reference images

oe2SEMO.png                             NFAD1V3.jpg   zN6pLGL.jpg

L3- Abdominal and Kidney Plate align horizontally at top.

An adjustment in the straps will do the trick.

Reference images

m8UGfHi.jpg   o7hM9pu.jpg                              yZ2pONk.png   ICtQbll.png

L3- Ideally there no gap between the abdomen and kidney armor. Abdominal and Kidney Plate align horizontally at top.

A single visible seam line is present.

This seam is totally fine for the EIB, but for Centurion, it has to be seamless. You can use abs paste, or some two-component putty to fill the joint. Then you should sand it and paint it. It looks complicated, but it’s not.:jc_doublethumbup:

Reference images

lIO8GTa.jpg   YbUO2YP.jpg                         ICtQbll.png   4Le4CZc.png   rxGPWRm.png

L3- The top of the ABS ammo belt should sit at or just above the bottom of the central and vertical abdomen button panels.

The easiest solution is to add some Velcro behind the belt to raise it up a bit.

Reference images

cRWNrX0.jpg                  9dnWHEb.png   JRgsIBN.png

L3 -The corners of the plastic ammo belt shall be trimmed at a 45 degree angle that that meets the outer edge of the cloth belt.

You can trim the edges of the plastic ammo belt  a bit to adjust it to those 45 degrees.

Reference images

eDMJdK4.png   YpGjU5b.jpg                     gNocrxt.png      B1xrugO.jpg       

L3- Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box.

Many of us add a drop of glue to the elastic holding the drop boxes on to keep them from wandering.

Reference image

BTFMshE.jpg                      cvtXId2.jpg

Looking at the back of your thighs, you have a small gap in the ridges. you can glue a small square of ABS plastic and fill with ABS paste, sugru or something similar.

Reference images

Z9WxdoU.jpg                     7d619uV.png      HeGctmM.jpg

-As for the blaster, it may be the photo, but we think it has a too "shiny" finish. To give it a more similar look to what you see on screen, we recommend giving it a layer of matte paint.

1AP2Rag.jpg           0bynLtu.jpg

That's all, Dave. A few small fixes and that’s it!

I look forward to seeing your application for Centurion soon.

Congratulations!:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

• Like 1

• Chemi changed the title to TK-17278 Requesting ESB EIS Stauts (RS)(1057)
  • TKSpartan changed the title to TK-17278 Requesting ESB EIB Stauts (RS)(1057)

Hey there Chemi

That’s awesome!! Thanks so much. And a big thanks to those that helped and to everyone for the kind words. I appreciate the list of things to look into for Centurion. Will make a start on some of those today. Will touch base, and get some help from, my mates here for the stuff I may struggle with. 

Do you recommend all of the photos for a Centurion application? Or just the areas where the current issues have been identified? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HardcaseNZ said:

Hey there Chemi

That’s awesome!! Thanks so much. And a big thanks to those that helped and to everyone for the kind words. I appreciate the list of things to look into for Centurion. Will make a start on some of those today. Will touch base, and get some help from, my mates here for the stuff I may struggle with. 

Do you recommend all of the photos for a Centurion application? Or just the areas where the current issues have been identified? 

Yes all of the photos are required

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Yes all of the photos are required

Sorry, I missed a few words in there. Got a bit excited that I’d been approved! :D 

What I meant was, am I required to do a whole set of new photos for the Centurion application? Or can I use my existing photos and add in the new ones covering off the improvements that need to be made once they are done? 

47 minutes ago, HardcaseNZ said:

Sorry, I missed a few words in there. Got a bit excited that I’d been approved! :D 

What I meant was, am I required to do a whole set of new photos for the Centurion application? Or can I use my existing photos and add in the new ones covering off the improvements that need to be made once they are done? 

Correct, you can use existing photos and add in the new ones when changes have been made

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HardcaseNZ said:

Hey there Chemi

Congrats Dave! Great job and welcome to Expert Infantry!!! :salute::dancing-trooper: Sounds like you're going to have a really fun time getting to Centurion, possibly with the help from your friends! :happyandcheerfulbirthday: Your armor is looking incredible!

• Like 1