Question reguarding abdominal plate buttons

Hi there,

So I have found an FX kit which I think I'm gonna go with and now I've hit that panic stage where I realize I have consulted half as much resources as I should have, heh. My question is: are the buttons on the abdominal plate meant to be black? Or a combination of grey and blue as seen in the picture. I know most FX kits come with just flat gloss black and most wear them that way. But would it be more screen accurat to pain them as seen?

Disclaimer: I do not own this picture. Although it is an actuall movie screenshot the modified picture belongs to TK300 of http://www.tonybarnett.plus.com (who, by the way, has numerous great tutorials on armor assembly).

P1gwUzg.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Got to paint them buttons dude :huh:

The Humbrol grey colour has changed and is now lighter. I had to dab in a bit of black to correct the colour in my tin :blink:

We have the Humbrol here in the UK, but I think the guys over th pond have a different brand of paint that is better B)

I sanded down and repainted my FX buttons, however I do have plans to replace them when finances improve.

They're like $5 shipped. Not sure how it gets cheaper/easier. I probably spend more $$ on gas just going to the store, or even one can of paint. :-p