Defect trooper HWT build

defect trooper

Oh wow! 3D printing the armor! Are you using Chris' (the Prop Guy) files? His are likely the only ones that might pass the approval process.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/47493-christhepropguy-tk/

I'm sure other others will chime in on the topic of 3D printing. I would also recommend that you print Eric's backpack files, which are AWESOME. The CRL version that he makes is definitely approvable even through L2 and L3.

2 hours ago, MaskedVengeance said:

Oh wow! 3D printing the armor! Are you using Chris' (the Prop Guy) files? His are likely the only ones that might pass the approval process.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/47493-christhepropguy-tk/

I'm sure other others will chime in on the topic of 3D printing. I would also recommend that you print Eric's backpack files, which are AWESOME. The CRL version that he makes is definitely approvable even through L2 and L3.

where are the files for that? or do I need to reach out to him personally or them?

I found another one on CG trader here https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-models/art/other/star-wars-rogue-one-tk-first-imperial-stormtrooper-armor which says in the description that it is 501st approvable, but I understand that that doesn't mean they actually are. he did leave a link to his wip on the whitearmor forms in which he did get approved, which is located here: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/49826-the-bigjasonis-rotk-3d-print-build-thread/

I would be up for using these files if I can get confirmation that they will pass, I understand its also how I build the kit not just about the files. or I could use the field from this Chris guy. whichever.

The HWT uses original trilogy armor not Rogue One which are the files Jason used.

Chris's OTTK files are available here 

Ok, so the only concern/ question I have with ChrisThePropGuy files is, he says they are asymmetrical in order to replicate the hand sculpting they use to do. Isn't stormtrooper armor supposed to be manufactured by machines?!? I understand that they "used" to be off-balanced due to human error or the given circumstances. But if I have the option to make it look machined then I feel like I should do that.

basically, is it that badly off? or can only people who know asymmetrical see it? does that make sense?  I just don't want to walk around looking like I trooped in Musafar and my armor got all warped ;).

Maybe I'm just being picky, I guess I shouldn't complain. I reckon I don't have many other options anyway. I mean no hate, as these files look insanely good!  I reckon you probably won't be able to tell anyway as I never noticed whenever I watched the movies over and over! This isn't a complaint about the armor I just wanted to talk about it. 

Correct I doubt most would notice, That being said Chris made the files so they could be vac formed over so you may need to soften some of the corners/edges, I don't know if he tweaked them at all prior to releasing them. Chris is approved with the vac formed armor but I am yet to see anyone print the files and be 501st approved, that's not to say they can't be.

Chris' WIP thread is here 

Just now, gmrhodes13 said:

Correct I doubt most would notice, That being said Chris made the files so they could be vac formed over so you may need to soften some of the corners/edges, I don't know if he tweaked them at all prior to releasing them. Chris is approved with the vac formed armor but I am yet to see anyone print the files and be 501st approved, that's not to say they can't be.

Chris' WIP thread is here 

Ok sounds good,  might be able to soften some of the edges myself in a 3D software. Ill see

• Like 1