Armor Suppliers - Individual Pieces and Parts?

Does anyone know of any reputable armor suppliers that do or are willing to sell individual pieces and not just full kits?  For example, I'm looking for an ANH TK left shin with sniper plate and a right thigh with ammo strap?  Would appreciate any info you have.  Thanks. 

6 minutes ago, Armor9 said:

Does anyone know of any reputable armor suppliers that do or are willing to sell individual pieces and not just full kits?  For example, I'm looking for an ANH TK left shin with sniper plate and a right thigh with ammo strap?  Would appreciate any info you have.  Thanks. 

Hi Scott, 

Have you tried with your armor maker? (in case you're looking to replace the same armor parts). Why this? sometimes you would have the issue of different shade of white color of the pieces from another vendor.

:salute:

I do have a message out to them, but wanted to get some other ideas in the event they can't or are just too backed up.  /fingerscrossed

Edited by Armor9
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Armor9 said:

What armor do you have now? 

1 minute ago, Armor9 said:

RS Props, PVC 

Then I would contact Paul aka troopermaster on FB:duim:

Edit: miiight not be best as I was a bit slow in reading ”PVC” but maybe:icon_beg:

Edited by TheSwede
  • Like 1

You should always try to stick with your original armor supplier, there can be a massive difference in shades of white from one maker to another and can be quite noticeable ;) 

RS has an outstanding reputation for customer service, so you should have no issues getting any parts you need from them.

7 hours ago, Armor9 said:

You shouldn't have to replace your sniper knee! I only remember small comments that some sand paper can take care of!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Nairy said:

You shouldn't have to replace your sniper knee! I only remember small comments that some sand paper can take care of!

The anxiety of doing something that messes it up is dreadful LOL.  That is why I had to buy it prebuilt, there is no way I could have taken on that task.  I give so much credit to those that can build their own.  I'd rather have an extra part on hand in the event I screw up and not need it then need it and not have it and not be able to troop. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Armor9 said:

The anxiety of doing something that messes it up is dreadful LOL.  That is why I had to buy it prebuilt, there is no way I could have taken on that task.  I give so much credit to those that can build their own.  I'd rather have an extra part on hand in the event I screw up and not need it then need it and not have it and not be able to troop. 

I was very nervous when taking on some of my tasks, but it was very rewarding when completing them! :laugh1:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Armor9 said:

The anxiety of doing something that messes it up is dreadful LOL. 

You would be amazed how many feel this way, I was panicking attempting to trim the first piece but as soon as I did I wondered what all the worry was about.

For anyone following research is definitely the key as well as checking the CRL's and with our gallery full of references, "measure twice and cut once"

• Like 2

When you do get the pieces for the sniper knee, Scott, I would suggest posting up a "mini" build thread.  RS tends to not align the sniper knee ideally, but we can help get it where it needs to be.  This would be beneficial for others as well!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, justjoseph63 said:

I would suggest posting up a "mini" build thread.

Especially since you will get feedback instantly before cutting or placing anything, so it eliminates most of the anxiety that we talked about! :laugh1::salute:

• Like 1

You can do it, Scott! I’ll also add that you’ll most likely want/need to make armor adjustments (like for comfort) or repairs down the road, so this might be the opportunity to get comfortable on that front. Out of curiosity, do you know what kind of glue RS used for your knee assembly? I believe they prefer CA glue, which may be more difficult to work with than E-6000.

2 hours ago, MaskedVengeance said:

You can do it, Scott! I’ll also add that you’ll most likely want/need to make armor adjustments (like for comfort) or repairs down the road, so this might be the opportunity to get comfortable on that front. Out of curiosity, do you know what kind of glue RS used for your knee assembly? I believe they prefer CA glue, which may be more difficult to work with than E-6000.

It is my understanding that they used CA glue as well.  

Good news, heard back from RS Props and I'll be able to get these parts in PVC.  So that is hurdle one out of the way.  Then just attaching ammo rivets correctly will be huddle the next hurdle. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Armor9 said:

Good news, heard back from RS Props and I'll be able to get these parts in PVC.  So that is hurdle one out of the way.  Then just attaching ammo rivets correctly will be huddle the next hurdle. 

Awesome news ! :jc_doublethumbup:  

You may want to check the gallery section or post here  before (any drilling)  attaching the rivets .  :salute:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TKSpartan said:

Awesome news ! :jc_doublethumbup:  

You may want to check the gallery section or post here  before (any drilling)  attaching the rivets .  :salute:

LOL Oh I assure you, I will have it all marked up, pictures posted, and every single detail mapped out before I do anything irreversible.  

• Like 1