Dblcross's 5.0 AM Build Thread

dblcross

If you have any issues with wide gaps between the shoulder bells and chest moving your strapping can solve this, can also bring them in closer after moving your arms

1MTWUi1.jpg.c730bcfdd40b8ca6eacbf33bcfcb7e60.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dblcross said:

2WCz07o.jpg left side

Looks good. I’m sure you already checked but just in case you’ll want to make sure that the bicep fits sitting up a little higher and while flexing. Though from what I can see you have enough space in it no problem.

• Like 1

While we wait, what do are everyone's thoughts on this? Room wise? Milwaukee is cry proud of this, as you can see by the price https://www.northerntool.com/products/milwaukee-packout-rolling-tool-chest-with-dual-stack-top-22-1in-w-x-16-2in-d-x-6-5in-h-model-48-22-8428-108610

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, dblcross said:

While we wait, what do are everyone's thoughts on this? Room wise? Milwaukee is cry proud of this, as you can see by the price https://www.northerntool.com/products/milwaukee-packout-rolling-tool-chest-with-dual-stack-top-22-1in-w-x-16-2in-d-x-6-5in-h-model-48-22-8428-108610

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

You may want to take a read.

Personally I use  some of this one, you can pile then over each other  (I have 3 costumes ).

https://www.amazon.com/Sterilite-14699002-Wheeled-Industrial-Latches/dp/B00V87CQYM/ref=sr_1_2?crid=34T98L0JCFF8Y&keywords=sterilite+40+gal+rolls&qid=1679061599&sprefix=sterilite+40+gal+rolls%2Caps%2C312&sr=8-2

Don't be Like Terry and get impatient and reach for the super glue. Cause if you do and have to readjust, this is what happens.9gB7fDL.jpgDT7tjbu.jpg luckily i was able to split and sand it down with the dremel and a rotary drum. Got that issue solve and decided to move on to the calves with help from my fitment inspector.g503Tkz.jpg7RzbW5O.jpggeY6k3a.jpg. Ive got six pieces ready to go and I started working on my thighs. I'm 5'11'' and had to trim a good 1.5"s off of the top following the same line and the curve in the armor. I was pretty nervous so I trimmed a 1/4" at a time till it felt right. The bottom of my thigh now sits at the top of my knee. I'm positive more will come off once I've added the cod and butt plate.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dblcross said:

Left shin and sniper plate alinement aGe6jxj.jpgjhB5eL8.jpgj0QimPf.jpgdALWbTi.jpg

Hey dblcross, your shin looks great, however I noticed your thighs look to be the wrong pieces. I couldn’t quite verify, but looks like you’ve already glued your cover strips on the inside of the front. You should have one tall side and one short side per thigh.

This is mine (albeit trimmed down already, but you can see that one side is not the same as the other

ycPBpUT.jpg

I wanted to share that with you just in case what I was seeing is accurate just so you can adjust that sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FN1313 said:

Hey dblcross, your shin looks great, however I noticed your thighs look to be the wrong pieces. I couldn’t quite verify, but looks like you’ve already glued your cover strips on the inside of the front. You should have one tall side and one short side per thigh.

This is mine (albeit trimmed down already, but you can see that one side is not the same as the other

ycPBpUT.jpg

I wanted to share that with you just in case what I was seeing is accurate just so you can adjust that sooner rather than later.

Yeah I see it does look miss leading in my picture. one is trimmed , the other isn't. 

5 hours ago, FN1313 said:

ycPBpUT.jpg

Hopefully that's not the case. I'm saving final trimming untill I finish my abdomen and butt plate. If it's wrong hopefully I can get some more input.Lh9VzUn.jpg7Pe10q4.jpgjuyCUbj.jpgrTPo9LB.jpguKZrTvm.jpg

Hopefully that's not the case. I'm saving final trimming untill I finish my abdomen and butt plate. If it's wrong hopefully I can get some more input.Lh9VzUn.jpg7Pe10q4.jpgjuyCUbj.jpgrTPo9LB.jpguKZrTvm.jpg

I’ll definitely defer to a member more familiar with the armor as I’m still building it myself, but the way you have your thighs glued together it looks like you’ve glued both the insides together and both the outsides together.

References:
c503c74f0f052cc9b14d59dcd5aca11d.jpg

Yours:
f18b22f7176899ddbee321f8c67baf60.jpg
a7854f2b4cfa794e445d7731d71fd2a5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, FN1313 said:

I’ll definitely defer to a member more familiar with the armor as I’m still building it myself, but the way you have your thighs glued together it looks like you’ve glued both the insides together and both the outsides together.

References:
c503c74f0f052cc9b14d59dcd5aca11d.jpg

Yours:
f18b22f7176899ddbee321f8c67baf60.jpg
a7854f2b4cfa794e445d7731d71fd2a5.jpg

You are correct, well picked

• Like 1

Hopefully you can get those separated fairly easily, Terry.  It looks as if you may have trimmed a bit too much off of the outside pieces (but let's hope not). Note how the outsides are normally higher:

M0okSeo.jpg    klvfK5U.jpg

Once you get them apart you will be able to tell better, and If that is the case don't sweat it too much or let it get you down.  I've seen far worse setbacks, and I'm sure Dave can get you sorted out with some new ones if needed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You are correct, well picked

Man, FN1313 has got a good eye considering I didn't even really post a picture of them when he saw they were backward! They were in the background of my shin picture! 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

Hopefully you can get those separated fairly easily, Terry.  It looks as if you may have trimmed a bit too much off of the outside pieces (but let's hope not). Note how the outsides are normally higher:

E6000 Is were it's at! I've been sweating this all day wondering if they were wrong. I'll get pictures up after I get them back together. Thanks. 6LTZEjA.jpg

Edited by dblcross
  • Like 1