Dblcross's 5.0 AM Build Thread

dblcross

I Still am waiting on BBB day but I figured now would be the time to start a build thread to start a collaboration of Helpful links for AM 5.0. (although, I must say @MaskedVengeance and @justjoseph63 are on point with helpful links!) My inventory so far,

Armor- Daves Darkside Depot 5.0 option B 

Belt- Trooperbay

Neck Seal- Darman's props 

Holster- Darman's Prop 8oz.

Voice Asist - Ukswraith I Comm

Hearing Asist - Ukswraith 

Dual fans - Daves Darkside Depot

E-11 Blaster - @kmwilson343 Kit with @justjoseph63 folding stock and greeble kit

• Like 2

Very nice, just watch what images you use as close up's, especially for higher level approval OR do a little more sanding, a few areas 3D print lines can still be seen ;) 

QuEgK9u.thumb.jpg.1fcd6635c1deea30613485dbf470c322.jpg

For L2 EIB 

• 3-D printed blasters can not contain visible print lines, and must be sanded smooth for a more realistic appearance.

YZh8H44.jpg

• Like 1

Just heard from the Armorer, and was ask about glove size. Something I haven't seen is the proper way to measure hand size? Is there a rule of Thumb on this (see what I did there) for the chemical gloves that Triple D has with his Kits?

11 hours ago, dblcross said:

Just heard from the Armorer, and was ask about glove size. Something I haven't seen is the proper way to measure hand size? Is there a rule of Thumb on this (see what I did there) for the chemical gloves that Triple D has with his Kits?

Not sure what Dave supplies.

Luckily we can purchase rubber gloves from our local grocery shops for any a few dollars, so I purchased two pairs, medium and large, I found the large a bit too big, but they are ok for washing up and spray painting.

Note many of use wear soft cotton inners which soak up any sweat, I normally go through 2 or 3 pairs on a hot troop.

23 hours ago, dblcross said:

I believe Dave (DDD) uses the same vendor I do for rubber gloves.  I normally wear a medium in regular gloves but a small in the chemical type as they tend to run large and I prefer the dexterity.

13 minutes ago, dblcross said:

I'm having a tough time finding AM ANH Stunt build threads in the forum. Even tried spelling it out. any other builds you can suggest I research? 

Take a look to this

Also you can take a look to this useful index of resources

My neck seal and holster came in today. I've got a question about Damin's Props holster.2lhrPAV.jpgq7Ct8mx.jpgAkTHlv2.jpg What is the extra length of leather from the strap, with a hole punched in it for? Do I need to trim it? Or should I not worry with it because it's on the backside?Frbga7F.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, dblcross said:

What is the extra length of leather from the strap, with a hole punched in it for? Do I need to trim it? Or should I not worry with it because it's on the backside?

:icon_eek: this is the first time I see that.  Since it's located behind, I wouldn't  worry  . Can you post a picture of the front without the blaster?

Reference image

bk9oXfD.jpg

15 hours ago, dblcross said:

What is the extra length of leather from the strap, with a hole punched in it for?

So you can lenghten the strap if needs be. You need to ad a snap on your own though, if it somehow ”gets in the way” then cut it:)

17 hours ago, dblcross said:

I've got a question about Damin's Props holster. What is the extra length of leather from the strap, with a hole punched in it for? Do I need to trim it? Or should I not worry with it because it's on the backside?

As Daniel already said, that extra leather material on the back is to provide you with flexibility on strap length. If you had a baster that didn't quite fit you could extend the strap and either punch in your own new holes, or use the second one that Darman pre-punches.

Looks like Mario also already hit you up with a list of AM builds. Man, I do particularly love A.J.'s build... so much so that I compiled a PDF of it to print or view on a tablet or mobile device. Haha.

Have you already ordered your boots from Imperial Boots, now known as KeepTrooping.com? That's a link to the white 421s that are excellent, and they currently have a production wave open right now!

Also I gotta mention something about thermal detonators, which who knows, I may have already told you at some point. Dave makes my favorite one (proper diameter size and colored tube), but I do still prefer to use Tony's (Ukswrath) clips.

I'm looking forward to your BBB Day, and I'm sure the anticipation is killing you too! Soon and very soon!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, MaskedVengeance said:

As Daniel already said, that extra leather material on the back is to provide you with flexibility on strap length. If you had a baster that didn't quite fit you could extend the strap and either punch in your own new holes, or use the second one that Darman pre-punches.

Looks like Mario also already hit you up with a list of AM builds. Man, I do particularly love A.J.'s build... so much so that I compiled a PDF of it to print or view on a tablet or mobile device. Haha.

Have you already ordered your boots from Imperial Boots, now known as KeepTrooping.com? That's a link to the white 421s that are excellent, and they currently have a production wave open right now!

Also I gotta mention something about thermal detonators, which who knows, I may have already told you at some point. Dave makes my favorite one (proper diameter size and colored tube), but I do still prefer to use Tony's (Ukswrath) clips.

I'm looking forward to your BBB Day, and I'm sure the anticipation is killing you too! Soon and very soon!

Look at this awesome Andor Bag you get from Imperialboots.com mE26KW6.jpgtSpYRnb.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheSwede said:

So you can lenghten the strap if needs be. You need to ad a snap on your own though, if it somehow ”gets in the way” then cut it:)

Are the Dimensions of an E-11 between ANH, ESB, and ROTJ different? Is there a different weapon that can go in ANH Stunt holster?

1 hour ago, MaskedVengeance said:

119 pages! My wife is going to kill you! :laugh1: Seriously though, Thank you for this! Me being an Electrician (that loves to bend pipe) I'm going to give the clips a try on my own first.

41 minutes ago, dblcross said:

119 pages! My wife is going to kill you! :laugh1: Seriously though, Thank you for this! Me being an Electrician (that loves to bend pipe) I'm going to give the clips a try on my own first.

I didn't say you HAD to print it. ;) And you think that's long; I'm only halfway through the PDF conversion of my own build and it's around 200 pages already.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dblcross said:

Look at this awesome Andor Bag you get from Imperialboots.com mE26KW6.jpg

That's a cool looking bag 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dblcross said:

Are the Dimensions of an E-11 between ANH, ESB, and ROTJ different? Is there a different weapon that can go in ANH Stunt holster?

They are similar. remember that for Legion basic approval the blaster is not required. 

And I would suggest , for approval photos or Higher levels submission don't wear the blaster into the holster, (usually it makes the Ab belt to bend a bit to the side :))  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

They are similar. remember that for Legion basic approval the blaster is not required. 

And I would suggest , for approval photos or Higher levels submission don't wear the blaster into the holster, (usually it makes the Ab belt to bend a bit to the side :))  

I'm listening!

• Like 1